Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: evil oceans, quite until you talk about them.  (Read 11731 times)

MacaqueAttack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: evil oceans, quite until you talk about them.
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 01:31:27 am »

I thought skeletal mermen couldn't exist, since mermen only appear in good oceans.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 02:27:12 am »

then it will be modded so that merpeople are only on evil biomes and shoot balls of fire.

actually I really want to SEA if that would work now...

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 07:57:13 am »

I embarked on an evil ocean once or twice, no skelewhales though :(

Right now I'm on a terrifying forest next to a good ocean.  I haven't seen a single C creature after 3 years.  Maybe the merfolk are scared of all the skeletal rhinoceri?  Maybe they already know that my dwarves are the evilest thing in that forrest?  Anyway, does it make a difference if you embark on a coast that shows up as an ocean tile or a coast that shows up as a land tile (in the middle embark map). 
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 03:27:46 pm »

I love evil oceans, all I gotta do is wait for some giant skeleton whales to come ashore and nothing will penetrate them, unless a skeleton dragon comes along.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 03:29:13 pm »

then it will be modded so that merpeople are only on evil biomes and shoot balls of fire.

actually I really want to SEA if that would work now...

Are you shore it's wise to keep up these puns?  You should really beach careful.  I'd hate to sea the pun police come take you away.  I'd only be able to stand there and wave.  Urchin you glad I warned you?

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 03:42:24 pm »

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Sigged.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 09:20:12 pm »

Exactly.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 01:30:11 am »

Sigged.

Ditto.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Phil_Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 01:54:07 am »

sig
..DAMNIT
It's community is the natural side effect of a game being a masterpiece hiding behind the learning curve of a brick wall - trolls can't play DF long enough to find something to ridicule.
Toady One has created a masterpiece!
Pages: 1 [2]