Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Insane mudwrestling elf throws compatriot and mighty steed clear out of the ring  (Read 3487 times)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

I've converted my depot into a drowning chamber so I can attempt to persuade the elves to attack me. I recently carried out the first successful run; successful in the sense that the depot room actually flooded anyway. Sadly, the fountain below the depot I used as a water source was slightly smaller than the depot and only about half-full anyway, so the water ended up spreading out in the depot room to about 3 or 4 levels deep. Hardly enough to keep a carp alive in, let alone drown an elf.

Anyway, about half the traders were flushed into the fountain with the backwash when I reset the trap, which I'm pretty sure if nothing else grants me bonus points. Even after I refilled the fountain, though, the elves didn't die. I guess they can swim or something, or maybe if there's open space on the level above the water you can breathe if you're not wounded enough.

So I leave the elves and their donkey whore down there for a while and forget about them. A few weeks later, one of the elves finally goes beserk. The fountain turns red. Yay!

But, I leave them alone for a minute and come back, and I find an elf corpse and a wounded donkey on the rim of the fountain on the level above. I'd give the elf a wooden trophy, but the elf apparently drowned or something silly like that.

The donkey, freed from erotic slavery, now wanders my fortress. The unit list describes him as "friendly."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:41:01 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

MacaqueAttack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Important question;

Were the elves girls?

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

The donkey, freed from erotic slavery, now wanders my fortress. The unit list describes him as "friendly."

Umm... EROTIC slavery?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umm... EROTIC slavery?

He previously describes it as a 'donkey whore'

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... I guess I just never considered that people would think elves would automatically love animals THAT much...
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who else do you think is responsible for creating all the mules?
Nom nom nom

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... horses?
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

no no no no, see elves can grow armor right?  How do you think they got that power?  By growing wood all day long.
Nom nom nom

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... Mommy, I can't understand what this man is saying, can you explain this to me?
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

EliDupree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Eli Dupree's Web Page

Important question;

Were the elves girls?
There's already a donkey involved, and THIS is what you care about? ::)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*A payphone rings. You pick it up.*

"A thieving kobold has stolen a wagon full of recent editions my latest publication hot off the presses. But the idiot left the back door open, and now copies of 'Donkey does Kuletedos Bedok Deshir' volumes 1, 2, and 3 are all over the roads. Get a wagon, pick up the fallen magazines, kill that freeloader, and deliver them to Urist's Under the Table Books in Kekimlogen before they're supposed to go on sale! Ay caramba!"
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MacaqueAttack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Important question;

Were the elves girls?
There's already a donkey involved, and THIS is what you care about? ::)

I'm more interested in elf girls mud wrestling near a donkey than elf boys.

EliDupree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Eli Dupree's Web Page

Bad luck then - the elves were adults. ::)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm more interested in elf girls mud wrestling near a donkey than elf boys.

Personally I'd prefer to just flood them with magma, cast them into obsidian and then throw their corpses into the mud.

I'm a dwarf, after all.
Jus' giv' me me beard'd tav'rn wench and b'gone, plant-lovin' rascal!
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*reads thread*

O_O
Pages: [1] 2