Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A Tribal Game - The Guilds (turn 4, 6 more to go)  (Read 3983 times)

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Tribal Game - The Guilds (turn 4, 6 more to go)
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2010, 10:11:44 am »

Q: What's the use of having Microcline and Granite when Granite is better? Can I use both, and the quality levels will stack?

A: using the shiny microcline to attract customers and the sturdy, reliable granite to keep them there

You answered that question yourself :p

Q: What are the risks of selective breeding

A: Out of the scope of the game, but consider the consequences of thoroughbred dogs. They typically have a shorter lifespan and more problems than mixed breeds. Basically, it won't have any consequences in this game, because the timespan we're operating in won't see the type of problems that might arise after millenia of breeding.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2010, 10:15:39 am »

Inbreeding, maybe. A few generations of inbreeding could quickly amass many recessive diseases.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2010, 12:44:46 pm »

One master shall construct a marketplace in Troy

One master shall use the guild's considerable wealth to establish a bank in Troy. In addition to being a convenient place for others to store money, the bank shall issue loans and make investments it feels will pay off for the guild.

One master shall make and sell specialized pieces of parchment, adorned with the gold seal of the guild and the customized seal of its purchaser, allowing wealthy individuals with money in the GoldCoin's bank to fill out authorized IOUs at their leisure, enabling them to hand over vast amounts of wealth, backed by their own name and the GoldCoin Guild, while having to carry nothing more than pieces of paper and something to fill them out with. Papers bearing the signature or seal of their owner may be turned in to the guild bank by whoever the IOU is addressed to for the amount specified.

One master shall further improve upon the guild headquarters in Troy, adorning it with worked gold to increase its magnificence.

One master shall establish a school in Brechts
One master shall establish a school in Pisani
One master shall meet with a GlassRock representative for negotiations
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2010, 01:42:06 pm »

(I forgot about that. Curse my lack of genetics knowledge.)
One master, using the control over Nuwa, attempts to spur market growth by lowering trade taxes.
One master attempts to invoke a sense of nationalism amongst the people of Nuwa.
One master spurs growth more by selling more cheap meat.
One master attempts to develop bone tools for things like digging and hoeing.
One master attempts to work with farmers and inventors to develop a product out of crops that could be used for more than eating.
One master attempts to develop bone weapons.
One master attempts to develop bone armor.
One master attempts to improve the school.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Byrac

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOYAH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2010, 07:59:18 pm »

One master will Improve and expand the forge to make it a proper HQ.

One master will begin construction on a school.

One master will meet with the Freemasons master coming to start a limestone mine to negotiate aid in the design and construction of the school for access to the True Forges limestone mines.

One master will travel to Aplanatia to negotiate for use of the Microcline mines by offering steel tools to improve work efficiency in the mines.

One master will meet with the Freemasons master coming to open a market to make it a joint effort using the prospect of rare steel to attract customers as leverage.

Two masters travels to Troy to set up an office and negotiate for sole control of the native copper mines by offering to provide all the steel needed for the construction of their bank.
"Oooh... Nice beard on that one..."
I know when you said 'beard' you were probably referring to the hair growing on the dwarf's face, but... AGH... MY EYES...!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]