Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some Suggestions  (Read 463 times)

Mr. Boh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some Suggestions
« on: September 01, 2006, 11:04:00 am »

This is an amazing game, and it seems like I've been playing it more than sleeping lately. I jotted down a few things that came to mind when playing, and thought I'd post them. Apologies if they've been mentioned previously.

-The ability to smooth (but maybe not engrave) ore and gem walls.
They ugly up my fortress, and I don't want to dig them sometimes. These walls probably aren't given a stone type, but maybe they could just adopt the wall or floor type next to it.

--The ability to specify stone types in stockpiles and chasm stone.
I'm swamped with stone. I'd love to see the ability to make a few light and dark stockpiles, and maybe a small rock one, and then just toss everything else.

-The ability to fill in channels.
I bet this one has been mentioned.

-The ability to clear all jobs in the prefs/labor menu.
In order to accept a huge load of immigrants I often have to reprogram most of them. This often involves moving through each of the 5-20 dwarves and removing their stuff. A hotkey that let me wipe it so all that needs to be done is add stuff would be amazing.

This last one might be more of a bug. My current game takes place in what looks like a jungle setting. I have elephants, leopards and such, but it never rains. Ever. As a result, my front yard is basically a river of blood. The huge serrated discs in the entrance probably don't help, but still, it doesn't wash away.

So yeah, sorry for the long post, and thanks for the excellent game. I can't believe it's only alpha!

odd2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 11:07:00 am »

I agree with all of them and I think at least the first three have been mentioned.

number 4 would be great, enabling/disabling jobs is very tedious when you have to do it on 50 dwaves or more at the same time. There has also been a suggestion about job templates, you could then have an "empty" template, a "wood cutter" one etc.