Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 25 Year Project  (Read 1556 times)

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
25 Year Project
« on: March 23, 2010, 12:12:48 am »

So guys and gals I need some advice.  You see I've been working on a project for my high school.  My school turns 25 this year so I (Being the school's resident geek) was volunteered  ::) to make a slide-show to showcase the school's 25 years.  So far I've scanned about 20 years of yearbooks (Interesting stuff only, about five years were missing/stolen).  I have almost 4 gigs of yearbook scans and photos (300 PPI, Greyscale, ~30 Scans per Book, ~4mb/file, except 2009, full colour, ~20mb/file). 

So, what I need from you is some creative advice.  You see, I need ideas on what to do with these images now.  I was thinking of doing a Powerpoint with each image having its own slide, a watermark for the year, random transition, maybe 5-10 seconds per slide, etc.  You know, just a quiet photo slide-show.  Or I would put everything into Windows Movie Maker (The only other option I have) and make a monsterous movie with similar features, to be put on DVD.  I'm not sure if either plan is the best plan and no one else who has been organizing the whole event (set for April 24) has really given me any advice on what they want to see.

Any suggestions about what I should/could do to make something interesting/not lame will be greatly appreciated.  I would love it if I could get some suggestions before Friday because I need to show a rough draft to my principal so I can figure out what I'm gonna do.

Here's what I'm working with (Scaled-down of course):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any ideas?

EDIT:  I plan on having it shown as something off to the side, not as a center-piece.  It probably won't be nearly good enough to be a center-piece.

EDIT-EDIT:  I'll get to check this by about 15:30 tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 12:21:10 am by xtank5 »
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Year Project
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 12:42:16 am »

It'd be interesting to build a DVD full of 20 menus, one per year and fill each menu with the stuff for that year and all that crap. Nobody likes watching powerpoint presenations.

Supermikhail

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf Of Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 05:45:34 am »

Hey, and shoot 20 short movies to illustrate each year with a story! :) Like, you know, amateur theatre sped up to x1.5.

jplur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.parker-portfolio.com
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 02:08:08 pm »

You must build a time machine that people can sit inside, and they can turn this big dial to go backwards and forwards in time, and then lights start flashing and a smoke machine goes off and then there is a power point presentation.
I ended up finding out you can speed up pregnancies by changing the mother to a cat to knock them up and changing back before labor

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 04:35:49 pm »

It'd be interesting to build a DVD full of 20 menus, one per year and fill each menu with the stuff for that year and all that crap. Nobody likes watching powerpoint presenations.

Well I was thinking of doing it as a steady slide-show off to the side of the area.  You see, its going to be a banquet, and this would just be something for people to watch if they got bored.

Hey, and shoot 20 short movies to illustrate each year with a story! :) Like, you know, amateur theatre sped up to x1.5.

Not nearly enough time or artistic talent on my part.

You must build a time machine that people can sit inside, and they can turn this big dial to go backwards and forwards in time, and then lights start flashing and a smoke machine goes off and then there is a power point presentation.

Cool, but no.
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.