I have started "Eclipse for Dwarf Fortress" project. So far, results are enouraging:
As you can see, I have basic syntaxt-highlighted text editor running along with outline display and syntax check (along with code completion even).
So far supported raws are:
* All OBJECT:ITEM raws
So far whole "project" consists of xtext definition of grammar for raws:Here at google code
* Code completion
* Crosslinking of resources and code completition on user defined objects
* Other nifty features like code folding, outline
So far, project is in baby-mode, so it takes extra effort to get running, here are few steps:
1) Download xtext ide
, you want "Eclipse 3.6M6 (Helios) + TMF Xtext 1.0.0M6"
2) Unpack and run eclipse, create new worskpace, create new Xtext project
3) In wizzard, only important thing is that you select extension "txt"
4) Project gets created along with sample definition file, "Raw.xtext", replace contents of this with whatever you download
5) run GenerateRaw.mwe2, this will actually create plugion from grammar
6) run project as "eclipse application", this launches new eclipse that has our raw plugin installed
7) Create new untyped project
Create new direction ans select advanced options: link to existing filesystem directory.
9) You are done. or not, this is not exactly good explanation of what you need to do.