Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress eclipse plugin, wip  (Read 17801 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress eclipse plugin, wip
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 02:27:51 am »

I'm not the biggest Eclipse fan, but this is really hot.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 04:17:08 am »

anyone good with that type of stuff, I wouldn't mind something like this for Notepad ++ ... or can it use eclipse plug ins -ponders-

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 07:26:13 am »

Fixed item raws for new version and started progress on material templates.

anyone good with that type of stuff, I wouldn't mind something like this for Notepad ++ ... or can it use eclipse plug ins -ponders-

I guess it certainly possible to do something similar for Notepad++ (and that someone propably did this already), but i am sure it can not use eclipse plugins.

Remember, i am using different approach than notepad++, what i do is that i am making formal language description of raw format and let editor figure out how do to folding, highlighting or autocompletition/code suggest.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 07:38:08 am »

Ah okay.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 02:48:19 pm »

I'll have to keep an eye on this.  Particularly for when you get around to entities and reactions.  Think you can give an error on entities for permitting jobs/buildings/reactions that don't exist?  And a warning on said things if no entity uses them?

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 01:49:56 am »

Got color-definitions crosslinked with matrial template colors.

I'll have to keep an eye on this.  Particularly for when you get around to entities and reactions.  Think you can give an error on entities for permitting jobs/buildings/reactions that don't exist?  And a warning on said things if no entity uses them?

Warnings similar of this whole point of this project :)

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 02:16:10 am »

Yeah, reference to other objects (and stopping us from typing the wrong token) would be awesome.
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2010, 11:11:56 am »

Made project on google code: https://code.google.com/p/dwarffotressraweditor

Material template is finalized and inorganic templates are done, plants are half done.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 02:55:00 am »

Plants are done.

Reactions are halfways done. I am now using cutting edge nightly builds because they fix some of my issues. Apparenty, Raw format is huuuuuge (parser for it passed 64k of bytecode) and engine was choking on it.

Zared

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 10:09:53 am »

Oh, you can make a grammar recognize comments as everything outside of brackets.  You might not be able to do it in the scanner and ignore them completely, but you can easily identify them while keeping it LL(2).  (Or LL(1) if you have your open bracket be part of the tag token set.)

You just need an optional "Comment" non-terminal after every "]" terminal symbol you use.  For example, if you have the production rule

Code: [Select]
"[" "OBJECT" ":" "REACTION" "]" { ReactionDef }
It would become

"[" "OBJECT" ":" "REACTION" "]" [ Comment ] { ReactionDef }
Then your Comment production would just be a chain of anything, minus "[". In effect, if you remember to always follow a "]" terminal symbol with an optional Comment non-terminal, you're telling your grammar that "Everything between a "]" and either EOF or "[" is a comment"...oh yeah, I guess you'd need an optional Comment non-terminal after the file name declaration, too, not just after every "]" terminal.

Then you just have it color any Comment symbols in the same way it colors "real" comments

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 03:39:47 pm »

Oh, you can make a grammar recognize comments as everything outside of brackets.  You might not be able to do it in the scanner and ignore them completely, but you can easily identify them while keeping it LL(2).  (Or LL(1) if you have your open bracket be part of the tag token set.)

You just need an optional "Comment" non-terminal after every "]" terminal symbol you use.  For example, if you have the production rule

"[" "OBJECT" ":" "REACTION" "]" { ReactionDef }
It would become

"[" "OBJECT" ":" "REACTION" "]" [ Comment ] { ReactionDef }
Then your Comment production would just be a chain of anything, minus "[". In effect, if you remember to always follow a "]" terminal symbol with an optional Comment non-terminal, you're telling your grammar that "Everything between a "]" and either EOF or "[" is a comment"...oh yeah, I guess you'd need an optional Comment non-terminal after the file name declaration, too, not just after every "]" terminal.

Then you just have it color any Comment symbols in the same way it colors "real" comments

Thanks for ideas, i'll try to get soemthing working from it. This seems like a lot of work thou (300 tags and counting, could be messy), but i guess that i can redefine all closing brackets neatly globally.

So far thou, it is quite comfortable to just ctrl+shift+c any offending lines thou, so i will give it low priority.

I am currently more concerned about raw format itself because it is quite a messy one. Documentation is quite lacking.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2010, 02:56:38 pm »

Done with reactions, entities are nearly done and creature raws are about 1/2 done

Kazang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2010, 07:14:53 am »

Nice work, eclipse is a great tool.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2010, 07:17:13 am »

This is nifty.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

anallyst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github repos
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2010, 04:36:37 pm »

nice stuff. i actually wonder if we could take the part of the code that parses the config file to a tree out and use it for a mod distribution tool like Uristmod, by using a not-so-exotic language as haskell. i'm pretty sure the java code could be translated to C++ relatively easy. that would become libdwarfconfig, which in turn would be used by the mod tool.
how to be first one to get mayday tileset after toady released a new version: https://github.com/rofl0r/df-mayday
Pages: 1 [2] 3