Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to find abandoned fortress?  (Read 2216 times)

Fullmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Elfless
    • View Profile
How to find abandoned fortress?
« on: March 18, 2010, 08:27:18 am »

Okay, so I am a noob for adv. mode. I built a pretty large fortress, but I am bored, so I want to tantrum spiral it or just abandon. Also made nice artifact vault. Question - how do I find it in adventure mode? I don't remember even where in world map it was. Thankfully world size is SMALLER.
Quote from: Fishbulb
I got an artifact cave spider silk sock this morning. It's worth 5,720 dwarfbucks, and it doesn't menace with spikes of anything.
Dwarfs don't have issues.  Dwarfs merely have inspiration for the legendary artifact they will one day make.
Quote from: Urist son of Urist
Considering the general state of DF, I think Einstein and Newton are already rotating fast enough that you could hook them up to pumps and use them to kill Elves.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: How to find abandoned fortress?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 08:46:02 am »

Use reclaim in the embark menu, dont reclaim. It shows you your fortress locations.

Then just use Travel to get there, hoping the wolves dont get you ;D
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

LukeRM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 08:57:35 am »

Actually you often start at the site of a fortress you have abandoned if you use Play Now!, but then you'll be naked and without equipment. Unless you modded the entities though you can only be human.

dizzyelk

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes kittens for their delicious roasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 11:27:47 am »

Ask people about the surroundings, someone'll tell you, then you can zoom to it on the quest menu. I think that's q. It'll be at the bottom of the list of locations.
Dwarf Fortress - Bringing out the evil in people since 2006.
Somehow, that fills me more with dread than anticipation.  It's like being told that someone's exhuming your favorite grandparent and they're going to try to make her into a cyborg stripper.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 04:52:11 pm »

Ask people about the surroundings, someone'll tell you, then you can zoom to it on the quest menu. It's Q. It'll be at the bottom of the list of locations.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.