Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to store items for Fortress??  (Read 308 times)

Sky-Streamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to store items for Fortress??
« on: March 25, 2020, 04:32:18 pm »

Hello! I'm currently planning on destroying 17 different fortresses, hamlets and monostaries and collecting all the usable materials for usage in fortress mode. Is there a way I can do this safely without having to risk my character being killed while I set up a fortress?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: How to store items for Fortress??
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 05:24:44 am »

Not sure I understand. By usable materials, do you mean artifacts and books? By setting up the fort do you mean the 2 weeks of time passing?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 05:52:20 am »

Haul everything to an Adventurer built site, dump it all there, embark your fortress over the site. No need to worry about your Adventurer dying.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 07:47:18 pm »

Haul everything to an Adventurer built site, dump it all there, embark your fortress over the site. No need to worry about your Adventurer dying.

What will happen with all animal-spawns on adventurer's site, when you embark over it? Will they be still present there or be despawn?

DrCyano

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 05:53:41 am »

I had a Dwarf adventurer die to a fight with a crab on a beach (not a giant crab, just a normal one). I then embarked a fortress on that location and the crab was still there, with a legendary name and a dent on one leg to boot. The adventurer's corpse (and equipment) was there too, but I couldn't bury him in a coffin.

I think this means the animals will all still be there, but maybe not in the exact same spot where you left them.

A mad scientist necromancer, a peasant with a dream, a secret message inscribed on a gem, a giant bridge.
Come witness the Saga of the Puzzling Sea!
A documented Dwarf Fortress v0.47.xx game combining Fort Mode and Adventure Mode.