Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creature transformation crashes the game after it wears off ????  (Read 165 times)

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop

Subject line pretty much explains it I have a game where it's ruined now but up until the point where it was ruined was creature transformed my adventure and then I incrementally saved up until the point where it started not even letting me load the save anymore

Seems like once you creature transform the game crashes when the creature transformation wears off or at least that's my suspicion I'm not 100% sure

Okay now I'm baffled I started a new adventure on a different save same world and did the creature transformation straight away and this time the creature transformation went from start to finish and he turned back into his original form I'm not sure what caused the crash something involving creature transformation though

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creature transformation crashes the game after it wears off ????
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 08:45:14 pm »

I think I knew about this bug. It's got something to do with transformation having a different amount of potential tissue colors, and it's really annoying for modding transformation syndromes. It doesn't crash if the transformation wears off outside of fast travel or waiting/sleeping though.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 10:27:13 pm »

Yup, as above. You can get around it by having the creature to transform into be something that has no tissue layer colors. Why generated werebeasts have their colors described in the [DESCRIPTION:x] token, but dont have any tissue layer color modifiers.

If youre transforming them into something that already exists in-game and is supposed to have those descriptions, you can't really do anything to prevent it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 09:58:10 am »

Yup, as above. You can get around it by having the creature to transform into be something that has no tissue layer colors. Why generated werebeasts have their colors described in the [DESCRIPTION:x] token, but dont have any tissue layer color modifiers.

If youre transforming them into something that already exists in-game and is supposed to have those descriptions, you can't really do anything to prevent it.

Ouch this really hurts the whole point of my transformation mod was to make you turn into something wacky and different each time ouch