Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2019175 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10455 on: February 06, 2016, 10:09:53 pm »

The divine weapons are better than adamatine. Much better for edged and piercing weapons. Not that much better for blunt, pretty much on par with wood. The shields are also as dense as wood only 10 time heavier, but there may be some other properties I'm not aware of. I think the larger ones I got had a better chance of autoblocking attacks, but I don't have one to examine in gm-editor now.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10456 on: February 06, 2016, 10:34:25 pm »

No, they aren't better for edged, candy is sharper max edge.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10457 on: February 06, 2016, 11:47:46 pm »

Meanwhile I'm pimp-slapping megabeasts with a copper mace, with my starting spear and dagger being my only sources of scrap until I can kill a bronze colossus. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Garn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10458 on: February 07, 2016, 12:11:28 am »

welp, I finally went down, or at least I migtha s well have

i eventually became a necromancer, making me both a necromancer and a vampire at the same time, I later invaded a dark fortress and killed its clown; I tried killing it with an iron 2h sword alot but the worst i did was fracture its skull with legendary++++++++++++ or so skill; eventually I just decided to whip out a steel pike; killed it just like that with a headshot, but unfortunately I couldn't raise it from the dead as a zombie

much later after that I decided to swim across an ocean, looking for stuff to do; I killed a bunch of stuff and ended up getting 5-6 giant dingos, a giant wren, and a roc as zombie companions

I came across a hill titan with em and they just demolished it; it was a giant feathered tarantula with a poisonous bite

but then I met my match; you probably couldn't beat what I found either

a hill titan composed of amber that shoots webs; my minions wouldn't even attack it since its not organic

it webbed me up and it broke my right shoulder; so I just killed DF in task manager since i didnt feel like waiting for it to kill me as i stood there helpless in its webs, then i deleted the save

maybe I'll wanna play DF adventure mode again some other time, but regardless, I've learned that no matter how strong you are, you don't stand a chance against a titan/FB/demon with webs unless you've got a sufficient amount of backup(that will attack it)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10459 on: February 07, 2016, 02:03:04 am »

Nice one. So, I found another, this time fully-grown cyclops, deeper into the cavern.

What are the odds that I might recruit the only possible allies by finding some cave natives?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10460 on: February 07, 2016, 06:13:59 am »

I had a little gorlak poet I brought with me.

I gave him a better dagger and shield to use.

The little dude strapped them to his head and I fell in love with the mental image.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10461 on: February 07, 2016, 07:26:40 am »

My continued journey through the Secret Clown Clubhouse

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On a side-note, I forgot to mention yesterday that the Soldiers had trunks, which reminded me of some funny things I noticed in Legends. Apparently my Elephant man isn't the first Loxodantan badass to go after Megabeasts. According to Legends, at least 4 of the world's Megabeasts, and even a Demon, have all been killed by Elephants. I know Legends and world building doesn't often take into account a lot of details when it comes to a person/creatures strengths, but it's no less hilarious. Considering my divine parentage (and that I'm apparently the only Elephant Man to ever exist at any point in this world) I'm wondering if it's fate that I've decided to take out all the world's Megabeasts.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 07:30:52 am by Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10462 on: February 07, 2016, 10:06:41 am »

Meanwhile I'm pimp-slapping megabeasts with a copper mace, with my starting spear and dagger being my only sources of scrap until I can kill a bronze colossus. :V
You've got to either become a husk and be super strong or get a dragon to melt one. Or do what I did and give hydras steel teeth.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10463 on: February 07, 2016, 01:07:12 pm »

You've got to either become a husk and be super strong or get a dragon to melt one. Or do what I did and give hydras steel teeth.

Heh. There is another option though, if you'll recall my one adventurer where I overdid the whole "kill megabeasts and write tales of bloodshed on megabeast parchment" thing. X3

Though it still revolves around getting a reliable source of strength boosting, plus bashing with a copper spear.

On the one hand, I'm using a copper mace this time so it might be easier. On the OTHER hand I'm an elf this time, not a human. I'm not yet sure which factor will prove more important until after I can hunt down a giant.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10464 on: February 07, 2016, 01:46:31 pm »

Bim decided to take the day off and work on wood crafting and bowyer skills. Before leaving the tavern to venture into the wilds for leaves, he took all the cabbage seeds he had collected and decided burn them in a refuse fire. When he returned there was quite a bit of smoke:

Bim was lucky this didn't become a wildfire. He took over an abandoned shop and crafted a few bows:

He improved from dabbling to novice in both wood crafting and bowyer which was a good thing done for the day:

That all done, it was time to resume traveling. Bim looked up into the sky to gauge the weather:
It was an everyday sort of day, but at the same time, it was reminiscent of the beginning of every journey where everything is unknown. The beginning of anything. You could be some Trojan or Greek looking out into the bay during winter, wondering if ships were coming. You're a Celt in the middle of a village and it's snowing and your hands are tight and cold. Snowfall has silence blanketing everything and all sound is muffled.

So it was off to the next town. Bim left the town of Bucklocks for Denskin which is the + in center of the last link, and then from there to a dwarven fortress called Hammeryelled to see if he might be able to switch out his elven copper brigandine armor and pick up some dwarven iron.

The true destination of travel is the town of Divedeast which has a library. There, Bim will read and advance student skill to novice and perhaps write a thing or two.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:53:10 pm by peasant cretin »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10465 on: February 07, 2016, 01:51:34 pm »

I found a god. Emung, the human god of death, poetry, and writing. So I just found the god of emos.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10466 on: February 07, 2016, 02:20:25 pm »

I found a god. Emung, the human god of death, poetry, and writing. So I just found the god of emos.

Craaawling iiin my hiiills, these kooobolds wiiill not leeaaave!
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10467 on: February 07, 2016, 04:29:51 pm »

The Dancer really needed more time hunting to bring her up to speed. I decided to hand her the divine spear since no one else was using it (I still have a pike if I need it,) and she was never playing the instruments in her hands anyway. The old lady needed no help or protection at all; she was in better shape than I was when I became a werebeast, and though lacking in close combat/defense skills her attributes more than made up the difference, and she developed quickly.

I wish these guys would get involved in unicorn hunting with me. I'm making great gains with the knife, but they need combat practice too, and I'm the slowest one in the party so it's always a tedious chase to catch up to one of them. At least the Dwarf springs into action as soon as I hit one with a disc. The rest don't do anything unless a unicorn becomes enraged and attacks back. Too way too long to get everyone a full set of masterwork unicorn leathers. They'd better get used to wearing white leathers, because that's all we're going to find in the icecap.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10468 on: February 07, 2016, 04:32:17 pm »

Is this a "Deity" ruling a human civ?
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10469 on: February 07, 2016, 05:39:57 pm »

Is this a "Deity" ruling a human civ?
No, he's just a god, that sort of thing hasn't happened since 0.34.

I'm doing "research" for writing class, since I'm going to write short stories that take place in a particularly interesting world I've genned. Same world with the god. It's called the Universes of Omen, but I'm shortening it to the Land of Omen. Notable finds include that god, a god of volcanoes that might actually be a volcano, all four human nations being ruled by vampires, a demon law-giver killed by a camel, and the number four being holy.

I've discovered that you can tell what nation someone is from by their appearance, which is amazing. I've also found that being, for example, a human from elven lands takes your appearance from any of the nearby human nations. Not only do we have species, we also have races!
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 1104