Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 789 790 [791] 792 793 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2019927 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #11850 on: May 03, 2016, 04:35:51 am »

just learn recently you can as a spider-person pick up webbing and place them down again as webtraps.
so it's possible to say wander the world collecting spider web to set up ambushes

so while I did mod in web spitting, a brown recluse and jumping spider person in vanilla can grab webs and place them down with out breaking it or turning it into thread.
you can also throw webbing one could even say Sling.
I imagine combat where you drop webbing behind you so you get a free crit attack on your foes.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11851 on: May 03, 2016, 11:40:09 am »

Ohgodwhat. That's something I need to try. XD
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11852 on: May 03, 2016, 04:15:05 pm »

don't know if jumping on the webbing(which doesn't web you up) as any of the non spider folks can give you access to picking it up and putting it back down again.
probably should see what happens if I cram loads of webbing into a minecart and launch it at someone. webshotgun if you will
"body swapping and YOU!"

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11853 on: May 03, 2016, 04:47:19 pm »

It can be picked up as thread if you're hanging over it or climb over it.

I wish we could use traps...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11854 on: May 04, 2016, 02:41:03 pm »

so uhh kinda thinking about Adventure mode Golf now that I have a modified script that throws items around.
"body swapping and YOU!"

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11855 on: May 04, 2016, 11:27:48 pm »

Ud hadn't done an extended stretch of slow travel since his days underground. He had recently changed his old clothing for new, but the tick count under slow travel brought everything to the first stage of xwearx. He'd been slow traveling to train up the crutch-walker skill for the (at this point) minimal attribute gain. It became pretty much a bucket list item. The whole early adventure, slow travel synergy of training ambusher and crutch-walker while traveling the underground highway as preamble to what lay ahead was never meant to be. Ud had started off in a mountainhall, so getting a crutch at that time would have disrupted the natural progression of the adventure.

At the bandit camp Wingare, after shield braining the captain Kothvir Yellowswims in a dispute over the value of stoicism (Kothvir very much against), Ud entered into conversation with Wingare's newly promoted captain, bowman Gostrim Whiskmaster. Gostrim was, in his own way, something of a good man. Loyal still. He had nothing but venom for Ud. Sadly Gostrim was fangless and so his only method of delivery was a series of emissions that missed their mark. Gostrim was grasping at meaning, but this wasn't Ud's responsibility. He was left to freely captain Wingare and mull over what had not come to pass, what would never come to pass.

In the new town of Clusterfights, 1 world tile southeast of Wingare, tavern keeper Lon Toastedembrace and Ud got on quite well, agreeing on mostly everything. Well enough for Ud to hand off a variety of clothing found at the bandit camp. Lon was quite pleased to put on an exceptional item. Upon Ud's return from some night troll hunting, Lon was still quite pleased, but Clusterfights had been offloaded and reloaded more than once, recreating a world without any of those items. Her exclamations were just phantom memories. The only holdover from the past that refused to be deleted was a <<bronze long sword>>.

EDIT: Not giving up, bowman Gostrim Whiskmaster sent a series of messengers to The Fragrant Saffron in Clusterfights. It was all about his former captain Kothvir Yellowswims, who Ud had pummeled to death only days before.

This loose thread in Clusterfights tracks backwards 52 years to the hamlet Toastedarrow. It was there that Kothvir met and married Rismal Tattooedbuds in 198. Eight years would pass and in 206 their daughter Umil Gravefocuses would be born. This was followed by a son, Nulce Steelcudgels in 209. Six years later in 215, Umil would be devoured by the giant wolf Rhythmicholy. By then Kothvir had been gone for two years. She had become the captain of a bandit group in 213. Rhythmicholy would never be found and would die of old age in 224. In 235, Kothvir would become obsessed with her own mortality and wished to extended her life by any means. She would die 15 years later. No book or slab could have changed that.

After driving Gostrim's messengers into the ground, Ud traveled northwest to Toastedarrow in search of Rismal Tattooedbuds, carrying the corpse of Kothvir Yellowswims and all her worldly possessions. Ud searched from house to house and he was greeted as a legendary hero in many of them. Ud was looking for a soldier as Rismal had wandered the wilds in 195. He would find a pikeman at the meadhall, The Beach of Respecting. This pikeman would greet him as the hunter of many titans, a protector of the weak. He would learn of Kothvir's death, a collision with the edge of a copper shield. He would remember that the adventurer, the seeker of fortune was often just a killer, good with their hands. None of that matters really. Death's the only magic there is. It ties everything up.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 03:54:25 pm by peasant cretin »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11856 on: May 07, 2016, 02:02:32 am »

Had some more fun as Kofi Ivoryorange. Became a wereiguana. Tried to turn all my companions, but doing so demanded attacking them. Since this ended our agreements, my new wereiguana friends wandered off and I've only managed to find Alece, the bandit clan chieftain. He seems to have largely forgiven me.

Found a few new friends. Raided several more bandit camps, killing everyone. Lost all but one friend; Thudu the speardwarf. I collected every single coin they had, making me the richest person in the world, with over 45k total value in personal possessions. Since the coins were fucking heavy, I traded them in for bone and ivory crafts in Sprungbrass, one of the only two cities in the world that I'm aware of. Since this is a pretty small world, I'm reasonably certain I'm actually correct in this case. In Sprungbrass I recruited four more fools to follow me. We raided one more camp. Then I decided to go after a necromancer tower.

The necromancer tower was a challenge, but not because the zombies were after me. Poor old Kofi is just too fluffy and cuddly to be taken seriously, even by brains-crazed zombies. They ignored me, and went after my companions. By the time I'd killed the zombies, and the necromancers that repeatedly raised every single one of them, the only companion I had left was Thudu. Thudu is a good little dwarf, and stays away from zombies. I learned the secrets of life and death, however.

I've returned southwards and arrived at a hillocks. The drinking mound here is full of drunk dwarves, and a band of entertainers. Most interesting among them is the human dancer Uram and her eight-year-old daughter Thili. Thili isn't a member of the troupe, of course, but the kid is apparently tagging along because of mom. I told Uram all of my exploits up to about a week ago. I realized I've killed too many bandits to talk about in a reasonable time frame.

One-hundred twenty-two notable kills, Three-hundred thirty-four others. Over half of the 'others' being zombies.

Edit:

I guess you can consider that an obituary... Immediately after that, I decided to raid a dragons' lair nearby. The fight went like this: I hacked the dragon in the head, doing jack shit. The dragon turned around and breathed fire. I blocked, and swung at it again. It landed, but on a limb, doing nothing useful. The dragon took the chance to charge into me, knock me against a wall, and slash my head off with her claws. Kofi is now dead. In two rounds of combat. According to legends, she was 24 years old.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 02:16:34 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11857 on: May 07, 2016, 05:51:50 am »

more on the whole spider web stuff you can't fast travel with it in your inventory and you need a backpack and all your hands full so the item goes straight into the backpack.
"body swapping and YOU!"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11858 on: May 07, 2016, 08:16:30 am »

For the first time in a long while, I made an adventurer, another Flame Candleroared.

I started in a town, so I couldn't find good armor. All I had was a bronze mail shirt. Apparently NPCs aim for less-armored parts, because my lower arms and legs are covered in scars. I can't feel any of my limbs below there and my right arm is useless.

I'm doing a light armor, no shield run apparently. Also I got the name Flame Candleroared the Tornado of Sharks.

EDIT:

IT'S TIME TO TRAIN
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 01:40:16 pm by TheFlame52 »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11859 on: May 07, 2016, 05:24:44 pm »

Many kills later, I'm now legendary swordsman and great hammerman. I'm covered in even more scars, though I haven't got many more lately.

Right now I'm going through the vault of Nourishdents. It was made by a god of death. I've been doing a lot of savescumming, mostly because I'm still mortal and it's bullshit to dodge off a staircase and game over. The lesser angels are ash humanoids, which go down easily, but the greater angels are fleshy weaponlords. I took a pale metal short sword (no adjective), but it turns out my steel long sword is better. I've also got two jagged pale metal battle axes - one in my weapon quiver, the other in my hand.

(My left hand is the useless one.)

EDIT: I killed the archangel, but it was made of ash and I didn't even notice I had killed it until after.

EDIT2: ALL THAT AND NO SLAB ROOM, REVEAL CONFIRMS. At least I got some new scars.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 06:09:45 pm by TheFlame52 »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11860 on: May 08, 2016, 01:06:16 am »

Still milling about Clusterfights. Ud picked up a few leads about the area by asking tavern keeper Lon Toastedembrace about surroundings and went night troll hunting. Statistically it's a squash match in terms of comparisons. The interest lies mainly in hunting the rovers in this region, losing tracks, chasing after the odor of death, and picking up where the tracks begin again. It's a day off sort of thing.

Moving down the mountain range The Horn of Fathers, Ud will cross between the lair of a hydra and the lair of a dragon. He may pay both a visit before engaging an unknown titan or titans before moving into dwarven held lands. There's a ruined fortress housing a meaty lizard deadly dust of a FB. Maybe it's time to bring out the great axe.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #11861 on: May 08, 2016, 01:34:31 am »

Many kills later, I'm now legendary swordsman and great hammerman. I'm covered in even more scars, though I haven't got many more lately.

Right now I'm going through the vault of Nourishdents. It was made by a god of death. I've been doing a lot of savescumming, mostly because I'm still mortal and it's bullshit to dodge off a staircase and game over. The lesser angels are ash humanoids, which go down easily, but the greater angels are fleshy weaponlords. I took a pale metal short sword (no adjective), but it turns out my steel long sword is better. I've also got two jagged pale metal battle axes - one in my weapon quiver, the other in my hand.

(My left hand is the useless one.)

EDIT: I killed the archangel, but it was made of ash and I didn't even notice I had killed it until after.

EDIT2: ALL THAT AND NO SLAB ROOM, REVEAL CONFIRMS. At least I got some new scars.

SO no slab at all? Thats sucks.

I have heard people say that kobolds and the occasional dragon can sometimes steal the slab in world gen, perhaps you should loo into it?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 01:43:04 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11862 on: May 08, 2016, 08:20:03 am »

No such luck. The slab room didn't generate at all.

Dent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11863 on: May 08, 2016, 02:08:45 pm »

Ketas Scoopticked the Lost Sparkle of Blankets, wolf man immigrant hearthperson of The Tight Councils of The Realms of Inking in the isolated arctic northernmost outpost of humanity, finally met his bloody end after a long and successful career of slaughtering goblins in the frozen wastes. He was betrayed by the lord of The Tight Councils and his fellow hearthpersons, who were on friendly terms with the goblins and considered it insurrection when I killed an enemy squad right there in the hamlet.

After leaving to let things cool down a goblin army came and parked itself right in front of the meadhall so I raced back to save Lord Tar, but immediately upon being ambushed my faithless companions (who had taken to spitting on me constantly for murdering their BFF who wore human bone ornamentation and attacked me first) fled unmolested and left me to fight them all single-handed. After a long fight I slew most of the goblins and could see Tar shouting from far away so I ran to his aid and found a lone goblin spearman fleeing the scene. After I got close to Tar he drew his knife and charged me so I did the only thing I could do and methodically exploded each of his hands and feet before daintily biting off his nose, ears, eyes, and knocking out all of his teeth. It was The Only Way.

The goblin returned a little too late and tried to flee again, but I sprinted after her and tried to tackle/hamstring with my teeth as usual for runners. She got a lucky stab in, chipped some bone, and then got a million free stabs to my skull and ended Ketas's illustrious career. At least I got some revenge on those thankless humans.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11864 on: May 08, 2016, 03:38:16 pm »

Well, not much is going on in mine as I've been taking a break from DF and only doing some minor adventuring/tests as a Draenei or as one of my Ischrotaurs.

Here's the official adventure of mine that I started weeks/month ago, the evil incarnation of Dhorna:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

From what I remember I took care of the criminals in the temple but ended up going on a killing spree because why not, I'm playing an evil Hel-Brutess after all and after getting her lust for blood and carnage and murder and all-around glorious massacre that would please both Khorne and Armok, maybe not Khorne since she killed alot of frail innocents but like she gives a damn as she worships no one.

Anyhow after that screenshot was taken I took down some more merchants recently in the upper left area and then decided to ease down today on the mayhem after deciding to throw my vermilion-colored Ischronite Drolth-sword at a dwarf butcher and on the first try I managed to slice off the dwarf's left upper leg just by throwing, that's.. woah. :o

Not entirely sure what to do now as this evil person. Guess leave them all be and continue onwards somewhere while letting npcs know who the real deal/danger is.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky
Pages: 1 ... 789 790 [791] 792 793 ... 1104