Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 [852] 853 854 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2022741 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12765 on: July 27, 2016, 02:33:52 pm »

I'm thinking it looks like you're a mad genius.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12766 on: July 27, 2016, 02:54:56 pm »

I did it, this is the coziest camp evar, nestled right up in the midst of several dark pits and a dark fortress, submerged beneath magma, sealed in by a cap of obsidian, with the volcano tube filling up bit by bit with water.

Given the endless water supply above and the endless magma below it was just a matter of seeing if I could line up one of the columns I set in place before the obsidian capping, some diagonal pressure control channels, and a captive bit of lava flow with restored links to the magma sea.

Are you thinking that looks like a mist generator which uses lava flow destruction of water to handle the outflow plumbing?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...because it's a mist generator which uses lava flow destruction of water to handle outflow plumbing.
max can you give me a description of your character so I can draw this.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12767 on: July 27, 2016, 03:00:01 pm »

I killed a dragon in two hits. I hit the dragon. The dragon hit the dirt. It was unsatisfying.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12768 on: July 27, 2016, 03:02:15 pm »

I killed a dragon in two hits. I hit the dragon. The dragon hit the dirt. It was unsatisfying.

Flame, slayer of babby durgon.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12769 on: July 27, 2016, 03:08:27 pm »

Flame, slayer of babby durgon.

"It is inconvenient to be so mighty as to slay a dragon in one stroke. My life is hard"
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12770 on: July 27, 2016, 03:12:55 pm »

Now repeat that feat as a plump helmet man. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12771 on: July 27, 2016, 03:55:47 pm »

I am literally One Punch Man. Capable of slaying anything without the least bit of struggle, forever searching for a good fight. And I'm still 100% mortal.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12772 on: July 27, 2016, 04:13:43 pm »

I felt the Saitama pain too, then I started fighting volcanos.

I'm thinking it looks like you're a mad genius.
Definitely a madman, considering that I managed to iceblock myself while figuring out how to do this... genius is debateable.

max can you give me a description of your character so I can draw this.
I would be honored.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She's wearing blood thorn helm/breastplate/gauntlets/upper and lower greaves, dragon bone hauberk, hydra scale dress, cloak, hood, dragon scale gloves, and chausses, two backpacks, a couple axes and sewing needles strapped to her back, and is usually hauling a minecart around.

I'm trying to get elves to use better wood materials so I made a metallic property divine wood template, haven't found elves using it yet but the reactions worked fine. I just tacked on a zero to the density of the glumprong/blood thorn raws without thinking about it... the damn logs weigh 625 urists a piece! Gonna have to tweak that some.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12773 on: July 27, 2016, 04:45:36 pm »

made this before the description but sums up the next step in DF FUN.
"why build in hell when you can build in the magma Sea."
"body swapping and YOU!"

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12774 on: July 27, 2016, 04:49:37 pm »

I am literally One Punch Man. Capable of slaying anything without the least bit of struggle, forever searching for a good fight. And I'm still 100% mortal.
Yeah, I've been feeling that as well - one of the reasons I haven't been around much on the forum for now, playing Doom wads instead.

Pretty lame when even as a regular Hero mortal you kill a gargantuan modded megabeast with a lucky blow to the head without them even so much as scratching you. Hell even the things that can hit me one-shot me as well which also isn't too much fun - without the clashing and not knowing who's gonna win, it just feels kind of hollow and pointless. The thrill of the fight is more important than actually slaying your opponent, I'd say.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12775 on: July 27, 2016, 05:32:34 pm »

Yeah, I've been feeling that as well - one of the reasons I haven't been around much on the forum for now, playing Doom wads instead.

Pretty lame when even as a regular Hero mortal you kill a gargantuan modded megabeast with a lucky blow to the head without them even so much as scratching you. Hell even the things that can hit me one-shot me as well which also isn't too much fun - without the clashing and not knowing who's gonna win, it just feels kind of hollow and pointless. The thrill of the fight is more important than actually slaying your opponent, I'd say.

43.05's torsion effect is just wildly overpowered. Anything will wrench and twist the target on impact. Kinda sucks.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12776 on: July 27, 2016, 06:06:51 pm »

43.05's torsion effect is just wildly overpowered. Anything will wrench and twist the target on impact. Kinda sucks.
Yeah it is quite OP right now - I think most of my deaths in 43.05 have been from my spine getting broken due to being hit in the neck, head or the eyes and such. Hell, when I was doing arena testing and fired an ice ball at a test dummy it struck him in the finger with enough force to sever the entire hand. On one hand that's awesome, on the other a bit of an excessive transfer of the force from one body part to another.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12777 on: July 27, 2016, 06:22:36 pm »

Likewise, I've been making Doom (and Hexen) wads instead lately. Must...resist...urge to plug mods...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12778 on: July 27, 2016, 06:44:52 pm »

hey you could just go into punching the earth, and the trees and help work on figuring out how to break holes into the soil in adventure mode.
I mean yeah chances are using magma to pour into the ocean to make a pillar could end up causing a cave in and knocking your uber powerful adventurer into the sea who ended up drowning.
but when no one can kill you via fist the next option is play with molton rock and water.

I been thinking of a cabinet made to hold 3000 dwarfunits of magma and have it burn away in this

"body swapping and YOU!"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12779 on: July 27, 2016, 08:07:14 pm »

I fight a demon master.

Master claws me in the finger, rips off my hand, I drop shield.

I stab master in the hands.

Master bites me in the lip, injects poison, shakes me around.

I do not die, but pass out from the pain.

My helmet protects me.

I wake up.

I stab master in legs and chest.

Master kicks my toe, ripping foot off.

I take out crutch.

I stab master in brain.

I am bleeding badly.

I die.

It was a good battle.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:17:37 pm by TheFlame52 »
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 [852] 853 854 ... 1104