Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 862 863 [864] 865 866 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2022584 times)

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12945 on: August 27, 2016, 07:17:28 am »

Ahahahahahhh !! I finally did it ! :P

Now, back to gen. a new world because this one is now boring !
How many time you spend to it?

Since it was a small world with one civ and 5 years history. Not very long ^^
But it's still satifying, and I now know where the last survivors of a civilization may hide.

I will attempt it on a larger world one day.
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12946 on: August 27, 2016, 09:00:14 am »

okay so kinda wonder if modding in an outsider megabeast messes with the age when there are no more megabeasts in the world.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12947 on: August 27, 2016, 10:32:32 am »

okay so kinda wonder if modding in an outsider megabeast messes with the age when there are no more megabeasts in the world.

Easy way to test that is to advanced-gen a world with megabeasts set to zero, then mod bronze colossi to be playable as outsiders.

Would need to last a whole year though, since era transitions occur every year. Retiring and unretiring seems to be the fastest way, whereas Max seems to enjoy the slower method of construction as a time-waster. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12948 on: August 27, 2016, 01:07:18 pm »

Easy way to test that is to advanced-gen a world with megabeasts set to zero, then mod bronze colossi to be playable as outsiders.

Would need to last a whole year though, since era transitions occur every year. Retiring and unretiring seems to be the fastest way, whereas Max seems to enjoy the slower method of construction as a time-waster. o3o
constructions lasting 16 hours max means burning through a day or more in adventure mode just by standing somewhere with loads of lumber and build, then there the case the time it takes for world transition from booting up either adv or fort mode changes on pc specs so it might be slower to wait it out via retiring and unretiring
"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12949 on: August 27, 2016, 01:58:02 pm »

Still, 16 hours at a time versus TWO WEEKS of time? Even on my piece of shit computer, retiring and unretiring is faster. Unless you were running a Windows 98-era computer on a max-sized world maybe. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12950 on: August 27, 2016, 07:58:40 pm »

Probably the whole starring at a calendar moving by slowly all day would put me to sleep, and PTSD from past attempts on DFHacking that thing to move through a whole year.... taking literal days to complete.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12951 on: August 27, 2016, 08:07:07 pm »

I blame Max for the idea of construction being faster. o3o

Meanwhile...another reptile man, bringing with me a pair of fellow scalybutts. We're on a pilgrimage from our humble village to a human settlement on the other corner of the continent, purging any lair we find along the way.

Our first hunt went just fine, shanking a feral ogress to death and making gear from her bones and skull. Also handed off some feral ogre tooth and nail darts to the blowgunner. Now we have a lair that...might be a zombie roc. Or if I'm lucky, it'll be something more manageable.

EDIT: Nope. Treant. "A towering creature formed of living wood, single-minded in its hatred of industry and artifice. Not even the elves are safe from its wrath."

EDIT 2: Slew the bastard without issue, but my blowgunner ally was badly mauled, missing her entire left arm and leg.

EDIT 3: Dlostayrbin has bled to death. A pyre we shall build, for her and the three other corpses the treant left laying in the wild around it.

EDIT 4: A dire wolf arrived, apparently attracted by the pyre. It was slain as well, and soon we struck our next lair. I ordered my remaining ally to wait outside, so if needed I could lure it outside and ensure he doesn't join the fight until after the beast is hobbled. It was a lesser dragon, and I managed to slay it easily on my own.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:45:11 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

philli46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12952 on: August 28, 2016, 01:58:23 am »

Tried to do something cool with a red panda man. Fashioned him a stave out of wood and started training him as a badass warrior monk. Beat a sasquatch to death with my fancy stick, then a zombie giant tiger. Things are looking great for my adventurer till the bastard gets his lungs ripped out by a flock of undead ravens, kills them all, then suffocates to death.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12953 on: August 28, 2016, 02:39:45 am »

Tried to do something cool with a red panda man. Fashioned him a stave out of wood and started training him as a badass warrior monk. Beat a sasquatch to death with my fancy stick, then a zombie giant tiger. Things are looking great for my adventurer till the bastard gets his lungs ripped out by a flock of undead ravens, kills them all, then suffocates to death.

Neat. Is this a sign that I made staves too hardcore, or is that a different mod? o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #12954 on: August 28, 2016, 06:37:27 am »

I have started new campaign as black mamba man. The adventure started like every other of my adventures, gathering slaves companions and receiving some quest from local lord/lady. I selected bandits and skulking vermin as my quest, like i usually do. I wanted to do bandits first, cuz they're humans, and bigger than black mamba people. After day of traveling to the north, i finally reached my destination, "Equalequip", weirdest bandit camp i've ever seen. I've ordered my companions to hold position, because i wanted all the glory for myself.

In "Equalequip", there was three goblins, two of them were located in the front, and they had axes. Axegoblin to the west was asleep, while axegoblin to the east was awake. There's also was sleepy goblin maceman, which was sleepin' behind axegoblins. To the nortwest of me, there was their leader, human pikeman.
Spoiler: Combat map (click to show/hide)

I decided to deal with goblins first, goblin who wasn't sleeping, suddenly runned away in west direction, which gave me opportunity to test my venom. I bitted goblins, in their hands, but didn't shaked 'em. I bitted macegoblin in his lower body and shaked it. I've managed to rip his reproductive organs off (this was my first gelding strike in Adventure mode!).
Spoiler: Sorry! (click to show/hide)

I've leaved goblins to die from my poison, my next target was leader, which was necromancer wielding artifact weapon, called "Gabemarat Smemak Zebu". I've realized that he/she is necromancer by reading combat log.
Spoiler: Necromancer (click to show/hide)

It was long and harsh fight, it could going for a day, but i managed to stun him/her by quick punch to the head. I've tried to poison him/her, but his/her clothes were protecting him well enough from bite. I was bruising the muscle instead of tearing it. when he/she tried to attack me with his weapon, i catched his/her weapon, and used one trick which saved me not only from him/her, but from other enemies too. I call this trick "The Tickling of Death". You catch opponent with your non-damaged hand, remove your own weapon from container (using "r", not "q". If it's "q", it will not work.), and start hurting your opponent with it. I've managed to damage his/her left leg, then his/her hands, thus making him unable to hold his weapon. I grabbed this weapon... And it wasn't weapon at all.
Spoiler: Huh? (click to show/hide)

It was artifact slab from dark metal, and this thing really slowed me down. So i throwed the thingy at necromancer, and boy, it was glorious critical hit. He/she crawled towards me, and then leaved this horrible world.
Spoiler: Crit! (click to show/hide)

I'll post my further adventures in evening or tomorrow.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12955 on: August 28, 2016, 11:34:43 am »

I blame Max for the idea of construction being faster. o3o
Pretty sure I said "fast because you are doing something else and then suddenly a year has passed before you notice" not fast as in "the fastest method available", and with many worlds it will be faster to just set up a macro to wait > down to 24 hours > enter fourteen times than retire/unretire/update calendar. It can take a long time on older worlds.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12956 on: August 28, 2016, 12:50:37 pm »

Ah right. True, at least it's more productive than retiring. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #12957 on: August 28, 2016, 01:34:07 pm »

Okay, here's Part 2. Unfortunately, i haven't taken any screenshots, so this part will be just text.

After killing the necromancer, i was scouting the camp for remaining enemies. Goblins were woken up after i've dealed with their leader, but i didn't care. After all, they probably died from poison. When walking to the north of the camp, i've found human lasher. He/She was equipped with copper whip and shield, i marched towards him/her and started the fight by punching his/her upper body. He/She didn't liked it, and swinged his/her copper whip at me, but i managed to catch it. I've tried to puncture his/her her whip-holding hand's muscles, but he/she managed to block most of my attacks with the shield. He/She also scratched me in the head, denting my scales and stunning me. Later he/she also bruised my left lung, and broked one of my upper arms. But despite being winded and stunned, i managed to defend myself from his/her deadly lashing. After some time, i wasn't stunned anymore, and thus was ready to kick his/her booty. After pulling off "The Tickling of Death", i injured his/her hand, which holded copper whip. He/She continued fighting with his/her copper shield, but shields are terrible weapon, they never do more serious damage than simply bruising the muscles. I needed to slow him/her down, so i punctured his/her left upper leg's muscles with my dagger, it made him/her fall on the ground. And after i teared his/her shield-holding hand, he/she crawled to the northeast direction. I followed him/her only to discover new enemy, goblin with halberd. Goblin killed human lasher, and after he/she died, goblin attacked me. While fight wasn't really long, it was pretty nail-biting. I was stunned again, but i recovered pretty fast. I catched his/her silver halberd, damaged both hands, and gained possesion of goblin's halberd. I stabbed his/her lower body, tearing his/her guts. After i managed to bite his middle finger, he yielded, and i decided to run away to the nearest hamlet. Unfortunately, i forgot to tell my companions to start following me, but i'll find new ones.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

philli46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12958 on: August 28, 2016, 01:41:00 pm »

Neat. Is this a sign that I made staves too hardcore, or is that a different mod? o3o

Not at all! It was extremely hard to kill large creatures with the staves. It took me half an hour of dodging and bashing just to knock the Sasquatch out, then about 10 more minutes to cave it's skull in. (I was too small to suffocate it or break its neck.)  The zombie tiger was harder, because it's not possible to knock one of those out or suffocate it. I spent close to  an hour smashing it's arms and legs apart until it was immobile before bashing it's skull in.

A lot of that difficulty could have been due to my size. (Red panda men are pretty small.) I think the stave is pretty balanced though.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12959 on: August 28, 2016, 01:50:21 pm »

Ah, nice. I was worried because I've beefed up the attack velocities, due to the expectation that they'd fare poorly compared to a stone or metal weapon due to the lower density of wood and bone.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 862 863 [864] 865 866 ... 1104