Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2022565 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12990 on: August 31, 2016, 06:20:33 pm »

So all I'm hearing from this discussion is that you can grab a roach, make a roach carapace mug, fill it with roaches, and then let someone drink it?

"Muffet pours you a cup of spiders."

Meanwhile, decided to enter service as a warrior of the amphibian man chieftain. Ending up hunting for a pitiful fucking dingo. I kinda hoped that I'd get sent after the humans first. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12991 on: August 31, 2016, 07:08:40 pm »

Crafting with creatures is monstrous, yet very dwarven. Might be time to make a moon snail shield or a lizard sword.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12992 on: August 31, 2016, 08:15:57 pm »

Screenshot:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I decided I would venture forth to the human hamlets to get ahold of some iron and make something that might scratch a bronze colossus. Apparently the locals there now knew I swore fealty to the amphibian man chieftain. Managed to barter for an iron breastplate, but then the lasher I got it from spat at me. Told him about slaying a titan and bandits and he still was pissy at me, so I engaged in a bit of brawling with me until he yielded.

Then the local lord was also being a twat the instant I said something to him, so I demanded he yield and drop his silver knife. Blowgunner decided to join in and now the lord was no-quarter, so I killed the bastard and walked out. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Braethias

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12993 on: September 01, 2016, 04:01:55 am »

I lopped off the right arm, leg, ear and eye of this poor farmer woman, (she's not all right, she's all that's left!) and when she passed out with the entire village watching, I took a nap. Woke up an hour later to find her clawing towards me with a crossbow, so naturally I sent a kick at her and managed to explode her left foot into gore, then bit out her tongue. I tried to choke her unconscious to leave, but instead of passing out she just straight died.

Man, she was determined. I even let one of the children in that hamlet live for her bravery.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12994 on: September 01, 2016, 06:07:13 pm »

So I was having fun noticing you can effectively evangelize people over to worship of your deity, decided to cross-pollinate an adventurer with another one, and then run around preaching the twin gods and bashing heretics with a book related to said deity, started in a different town so I could access a different pantheon and up to this point I had forgotten I added [POWER] to minotaurs and giants.

That's a damn cool opening blurb.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12995 on: September 02, 2016, 08:37:36 am »

I think Random Dragon was the one who mentioned being able to breathe fire up/down z-levels, and I tested and said that was false, mea culpa.

You can breathe up or down if you target the tiles directly adjacent, including right below or above you.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12996 on: September 02, 2016, 12:58:38 pm »

Odd. I could've sworn that I mentioned having trouble getting fire breath up/down to work, so I suspect you're mea culpa-ing to yourself in this case. o3o

EDIT: And finally, returned to the hamlet after EVENTUALLY killing that damn bronze colossus, and I get a mission to kill another titan. Seems Thlokus is at least pleased that my altercation with the humans led to the death of their local lord.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 05:16:56 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12997 on: September 02, 2016, 09:08:34 pm »

I recall being bummed that flying dragons don't bomb around strafing shmucks on the ground, indeed making them less dangerous, but I kept it because flying dragons are awesome.

You or someone else mentioned it spreading in a cone, and/or being able to be aimed at different z-levels, I checked and confirmed it only goes in 2 dimensions, and was frustrated because while I could aim above or below my z-level it stayed stuck where I was in the arena.

Apparently it works fine by only if you're aiming it at the 9 squares directly above or below you.

Neat side-effect, it gives a really chaotic explosion type spread when you fire it straight down or straight up.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12998 on: September 02, 2016, 09:10:30 pm »

Very odd. Meanwhile in my own adventure...I fucking swear. We get this hill titan, and it's literally just an overgrown gila monster with feathers and mandibles. It even has venom. Got it floored, whaling on it alongside my spearfrog ally. Then, just at random after scores of misses from that bugger...

Avenged the poor bastard with an equally random, what-the-fuck kill:

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12999 on: September 02, 2016, 09:20:59 pm »

Pchew, off with his head!

Also, totally worth remembering to do the up one-over one spray with dragonfire anytime you're using it to counteract the whole "campsite population explosion" thing.

Just straight up/down isn't as useful but it's pretty neat.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13000 on: September 02, 2016, 09:29:49 pm »

Hmm. I can see this being useful, yeah.

So, milord has sent me after a dragon now. Instead, I've seen a sign of another hamlet near the bandit camp, which I oughta purge soon. It has an utterance name, so it should be a fellow animalmen village.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13001 on: September 02, 2016, 10:33:02 pm »

Dragonfire+Directed Dust = Rocket boots!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13002 on: September 02, 2016, 11:29:21 pm »

You just using one after the other in quick succession?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13003 on: September 02, 2016, 11:33:10 pm »

Huehuehue. So, this odd sequence of events inspired some silliness from me. Basically, bandit camp had travel blips spread out already, as if something spooked them before I arrived. First thing I encounter is a bunch of zombie turkeys. I make mincemeat of them, while my crippled ally manages to catch up and...bop one with his crutch, before I pulp it. Then the first bandit I see apparently has finally heard about me, and unlike the last bandits I've encountered immediately fires on me. So I kinda just run straight at him and fuck him up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13004 on: September 02, 2016, 11:39:30 pm »

You just using one after the other in quick succession?
Whuh? Oh, the breaths? Yeah, just changed the target value to see what all happened, adding more targets adds more breaths, or did you mean the dragonfire+dust thing? That... I'll have to try at some point but I'm pretty sure it will be deadly as hell for the user.
Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 1104