Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2013464 times)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13185 on: November 01, 2016, 08:09:54 pm »

It's a my own mod. Mods that might be similar would be Deon's Wanderer or Random_Dragon's Adventurecraft.

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13186 on: November 01, 2016, 08:42:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Whoops? I was kind of expecting him to fall over and be a paraplegic or something, but that will also do. Just noticed it's missing the "off in an arc" bit, sorry for that.

Edit: Just happened a second time. Either these bleak horrors have flimsy necks or this hero is way buffer than I was thinking.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm by rhavviepoodle »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13187 on: November 01, 2016, 11:49:53 pm »

Fun in a weird way: go in to the teeth w/large eye teeth body plan and add grasp to the small teeth, pick a large predator of your choice, add canopendoors, stance climber if relevant, and indiv controllable.

Myself I went and flipped the nemesis flags to retired adventurer/adventurer on a named giant lion I encountered and unretired as them. Just running around eating stuff.

Problems: you can't butcher stuff without a tool as far as I can tell, but if you can grasp stuff with your teeth you can knap stones, pull a branch, and make a stone axe which you somehow strap to your chest. After doing that you can just carry around hunks of meat in your mouth to eat later until you find a new kill.

I was trying to travel across a glacier so when I got ambushed by some ice wolves I bit/clawed their heads off and made a waterskin out of a hide then brewed some booze into it from a sweet pod I... liberated from a house.

Strangely enough nobody says a word when a giant lion wearing a stone axe and a wolf leather waterskin walks in the door and roots around in a bag, and I imagine they would have said something later when drunken giant lion made use of their grasping teeth to suffocate a stray dwarf they found alone... but I did choose that guy for a reason.

Still can't eat them without doing the "remove can learn" interaction or detoggle the dead_dwarf flag with dfhack.

Damn fun though.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13188 on: November 02, 2016, 01:52:44 am »

So it's not something that's "going on" exactly, but I'm trying to pick which town I spawn in right now.  One of the first ones I got was Pokeegg, which I thought was pretty funny, and then about three towns later Pokehabit. I don't even have a pokemon mod!
I had to share this because it was deeply amusing to me.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13189 on: November 02, 2016, 07:13:37 am »

Well, this is odd. I came across a lair of Strigoi's and uhh, there's an entire family of them here.

According to legends viewer, 13 of them live here. One of them, for some reason, has a scroll containing "After Laborplays", which is about some hamlet. I'm not sure why he'd be holding it though - the author is in fact a completely different person.

One of my companions died in the ensuing conflict - later on I did as well. We managed to take down around 4 of them before going down, though.

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13190 on: November 02, 2016, 10:48:20 am »

It's a my own mod. Mods that might be similar would be Deon's Wanderer or Random_Dragon's Adventurecraft.
that sounds interesting. care to give a small description of it so i can better understand it?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13191 on: November 02, 2016, 05:46:35 pm »

@Max, yeah I played a bear once like that. It was really weird having an edged item just to do the butchering. I added a token allowing the bear to pick things up and one to talk as well.

@Interus
That's what I love about new world gens. The crazy names. And the weird tendencies. Last world gen everyone loved arguing. This world gen they all hate it.

@adamkad1
Deon's Wanderer/Random_Dragon's Adventurecraft are both mods that give you more crafting options than what are currently available for vanilla DF. You can smith weapons and make clothes and whatnot. I've never played either, but I've used both as models to learn how to mod stuff.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #13192 on: November 02, 2016, 07:34:03 pm »

Well, this is odd. I came across a lair of Strigoi's and uhh, there's an entire family of them here.

According to legends viewer, 13 of them live here. One of them, for some reason, has a scroll containing "After Laborplays", which is about some hamlet. I'm not sure why he'd be holding it though - the author is in fact a completely different person.

One of my companions died in the ensuing conflict - later on I did as well. We managed to take down around 4 of them before going down, though.

is sucking blood out of a wound a mod or a vanilla feature

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13193 on: November 02, 2016, 08:49:11 pm »

a feature for mosquito people they naturally get blood sucker token in their raws.

edit : okay it's been long enough time to start pullin gods from history and start experimenting with them. like what would happen if a diety had a child? or if a diety toppled over their own temple will they curse themselves?
can a diety write a book? many questions and more on shoving a historical diety soul into a blank body and hoping for the best.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 08:48:16 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13194 on: November 03, 2016, 09:29:39 am »

a feature for mosquito people they naturally get blood sucker token in their raws.

edit : okay it's been long enough time to start pullin gods from history and start experimenting with them. like what would happen if a diety had a child? or if a diety toppled over their own temple will they curse themselves?
can a diety write a book? many questions and more on shoving a historical diety soul into a blank body and hoping for the best.

"diety" everywhere. duuuuude

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13195 on: November 03, 2016, 11:46:45 am »

What happens if you meet an embodied diety, give them a mug containing themself, and they drink it?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13196 on: November 03, 2016, 11:47:40 am »

well cross off diety kids.
nothing special about this kid outside of being able to will herself back into existence when a baby in the bucket incident went wrong.
Razor even poof back into reality with clothes on.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13197 on: November 03, 2016, 03:17:58 pm »

Trekking across endless mountains.

God, the way animals behave in DF can look so naturalistic sometimes.
One wheel short of a wagon

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13198 on: November 03, 2016, 09:22:05 pm »

What happens if you meet an embodied diety, give them a mug containing themself, and they drink it?
They diet.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13199 on: November 04, 2016, 02:12:30 pm »

well cross off diety kids.
nothing special about this kid outside of being able to will herself back into existence when a baby in the bucket incident went wrong.
Razor even poof back into reality with clothes on.
wait, deities can actually take an avatar?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 [880] 881 882 ... 1103