Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2021864 times)

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13485 on: January 04, 2017, 02:34:52 pm »

How?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13486 on: January 04, 2017, 02:37:57 pm »

^Usually an appropriate response to literally anything I post.

Hit yourself with gm-editor > inventory > change to 7 (In Mouth) and bodypart_id to whichever number your mouth or teeth are, you can check under body to see exactly what the layout, all the mods in my body_default.txt throw the number off pretty far.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13487 on: January 04, 2017, 02:42:14 pm »

Sadly you can't eat them that way. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13488 on: January 04, 2017, 03:43:25 pm »

While I know everyone here probably knows this, I just confirmed for myself that meat rots in adventure mode. So, awesome, I guess. At least I know. I went back to see if the Brush Titan's heart was still okay to use, and it most certainly was not. For reference that was my first kill, way back when there were only four of us in our party and we didn't have a sweet motte and bailey fort to call home.

I guess it's back to organizing my digs and processing my unused kills into sweet, sweet gear. Can never have enough waterskins now that there's ways to fill them besides river water and stealing booze.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13489 on: January 04, 2017, 03:49:55 pm »

Doh. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13490 on: January 04, 2017, 03:50:34 pm »

Quivers are really good water holders. They hold twenty, and are wearable. They do have some inventory wierdness, but that's fine.

DF_Silvestre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13491 on: January 04, 2017, 03:54:31 pm »

Trying to get vamp-infected the normal  (vadass) way with my culture man necromancer.

Also, hi Random_Dragon! I'm from the CDDA forum! Under DeclanFrost!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13492 on: January 04, 2017, 04:23:43 pm »

Trying to get vamp-infected the normal  (vadass) way with my culture man necromancer.

Noice. Welcome to the DF forums, then.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13493 on: January 04, 2017, 04:28:07 pm »

Hello and welcome.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13494 on: January 04, 2017, 05:09:11 pm »

Doh. ;w;

I know! But there are other titans out there, so I'm fine charging ahead. I just know to process things right then and there and bring it home. The stuff I have with me hasn't rotted. Just the stuff I left out in the sun.

Quivers are really good water holders. They hold twenty, and are wearable. They do have some inventory wierdness, but that's fine.

When I'm done organizing I'm using my quiver for spears. I'm running as a Tigerman peltast/hammerer. Right now I have a few copper bolts in it too but I might hand those back to the crossbowmen.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13495 on: January 04, 2017, 08:00:23 pm »

Playing a serpent woman outsider, so far making my way around a mirthful forest, slaying the beasts I find. So far I've killed both a cyclops and a gargoyle, (throwing arrows at 'em). And I am am ready to take on a Dragon, after melting to him previously. What I've learned is: Don't bring your extracts with you. They will boil, and you will die.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13496 on: January 04, 2017, 08:33:45 pm »

So far I've had three beast slaying missions, two single-murderer killing missions, and am now on my second bandit eradication mission. Although this is probably the fourth camp I've actually hit. And now that I discovered turning weapons into bars, I've been breaking down all the metal gear I find just for the practice.

And I've upgraded my bronze war hammer to an iron one. Might turn the excess metal bars into spears when I get back to the fort, just need to cut a tree and turn all the logs into branches for staves. I have three quivers now, so I am weighed down with sweet, sweet loot.

ETA: Oh! And I know why I love my character so much. He's a Kzinti. They're humanity's worst enemies in Larry Niven's Known Space series.

FETA: Yup. Fifteen spears for throwing. I am totally gonna be a peltast. just don't want to throw them in places that are hard to reach. I don't want to lose my spears if I can help it. I know I can't, but I'll try keeping them as long as I can.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:21:26 pm by Urist McVoyager »

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #13497 on: January 05, 2017, 01:51:06 am »

And now that I discovered turning weapons into bars, I've been breaking down all the metal gear I find just for the practice.
How? Is there a way to make clothes sized for intelligent forest creatures in adventure mode? Why can I assign elven (sized) clothes to fortress dorfs but not adventurers? Do I need to be a novice herbalist to harvest plants?

And I am am ready to take on a Dragon, after melting to him previously.
Don't forget your shield!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:35:12 pm by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13498 on: January 05, 2017, 02:23:02 am »

How? Is there a way to make clothes sized for intelligent forest creatures in adventure mode? Why can I assign elven (sized) clothes to fortress dorfs but not adventurers? Do I need to be a novice herbalist to harvest plants?

Mods, basically. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13499 on: January 05, 2017, 06:55:22 pm »

And now that I discovered turning weapons into bars, I've been breaking down all the metal gear I find just for the practice.

Before I go on, for reference I've been using Adventurecraft. This isn't something you can do in unmodded DF. It really is a quality of life thing for Adventure mode. You not only butcher your kills, you also tan the hides, spin their guts and hair into thread, and weave cloth. I've made a shitload of waterskins out of my kills just to have less material in my inventory. And to, you know, hold water for drinking and potions/poisons I've been making. It really is a great mod, and I suggest it as a workaround for the time being until Toady turns his attention to the other production skills in adventure mode.

Now, since you're the one making the armor, you're not making it for other sizes. You make it for your own. I'm a tiger man. Proportionally speaking, I am twice as big as a human. I can't make human sized stuff. Without taking closer looks, I can't even tell what armor is sized for a human or a dwarf/elf anymore. It all reads as small armor to me in this run. And in this mod you don't need to be a novice to try doing stuff. It helps for actually succeeding, but you need to try and fail a bit before you really start succeeding on a regular basis. A lot of gear vanished without any bars made before I got a bunch. Now they've all been made into spears for me to throw at enemies.
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 1104