Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 899 900 [901] 902 903 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2020746 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13500 on: January 05, 2017, 07:12:28 pm »

Speaking of which, might as well start further testing my latest update to it. I'm still not entirely sure about replacing generated instruments with raw-defined ones, but I put a considerable amount of effort into them.

The obvious question though, do I want to start with bagpipes or an accordion?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13501 on: January 05, 2017, 07:52:42 pm »

Bagpipes, obviously.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13502 on: January 05, 2017, 08:07:06 pm »

True, but accordion is funny too.

"Mountainhome stronk. Remove hippie."
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13503 on: January 05, 2017, 09:16:13 pm »

Pfft. Accordion pipe. It's an accordion you blow into. Done.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13504 on: January 05, 2017, 10:48:39 pm »

Butbutbut. Or I could be an elfy twat and take some pipes, turn them into pan pipes. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13505 on: January 06, 2017, 05:14:06 am »

Portable Pipe Organ and you can share it with any Legend of Zelda DF modders to give their Ganondorf race some bitchin' tunes on the road.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13506 on: January 06, 2017, 01:27:49 pm »

Ooooh, don't tempt me. Though I already added a pipe organ. Sadly it was given to the dwarves, because they're the only civ to have keyboard instruments in vanilla.

EDIT: I'm sad dragon now. Turns out if you replace generated instruments with raw-defined ones, you lose the ability to start with any skills for it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 01:43:22 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13507 on: January 06, 2017, 04:29:48 pm »

Skill grind in the woods where no one can hear how badly you suck and give you a bad reputation. Unless you download or create a mod that makes ALL animals intelligent. . .

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13508 on: January 06, 2017, 04:31:25 pm »

Huehuehue. Oh well, started off playing a guitar I found in the mead hall and they seemed to not mind the performance. :V

EDIT: I found a lair. Inside is...a child plying make-believe! D:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:03:18 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13509 on: January 06, 2017, 06:13:44 pm »

It's the Omen child. Run like the HFS is on your tail, because it is.

In reality it's either a bug or a werechild.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13510 on: January 06, 2017, 07:19:23 pm »

Little bastard hates my guts and refuses to join in making music, but won't attack. I wanted to convince them to let me bring them to family but eh. It's most likely a werebeast so I killed it.

Went and killed a cave swallow man lord of a nearby hamlet on my racist wolf man lord's orders. Next order was to kill the ant man worker that happens to be the mayor of a nearby hillocks. What is this guy's PROBLEM? >.o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13511 on: January 06, 2017, 09:14:49 pm »

Num Muddyboots was mostly shooting bandits and night trolls. No interesting (web, vapor, dust) FBs or titans in the area. Not much else to do at this point. Stat more? Eh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So I retired him. Wanted to have more reactions allowing for paper making. Good a time as any.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I did realize that the entity raws don't have braies/loincloths/thongs as common throughout. I guess I never noticed dwarves mostly like to go commando.

Kamsko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13512 on: January 07, 2017, 06:50:50 am »

Was about to run up on yet another bandit camp in the new frontier, a part of the world freshly colonized and fairly cut off and uninhabited by sentients. I had two companions purely for boogeymen reasons. One was a crippled axedwarf, in our first battle she took an right into the back, severing the spine in the lowerbody. So she's been crawling after me ever since, hanging onto life while I wade into fields of blood. This goes on for weeks. But suddenly wild cougar attack.
The axedwarf is some what behind and the cougar is closing in. Try to rush in but it's too far. Not even a quarter of the way over when the first round of combat begins.

The axedwarf punches the Cougar in the upper body, breaking the rib into the lung, tearing the lung, BRUISING THE HEART.
The cougar gives into pain.
"You are already dead"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13513 on: January 07, 2017, 11:21:39 am »

That is fucking glorious. You clearly need to build an epic tomb in the wilderness for that dorf, or maybe on a volcano.

Meanwhile, got sick of the local lord telling me to assassinate animal-people rulers, and ventured off in search of a town with a tavern. I'm in some some sort of animal-persion town that grew big enough to build a tavern. Full of bat men, reptile men, cave swallow men, even dwarves. Aside from finding two with writing about boring stuff, not much to do for now but wait for someone to perform.

EDIT: And while passing the time, a dwarven child started reciting a poem I tested earlier, called Reputation God-forsaken. I'm a bad influence! D:

EDIT: Alright then. Finally a chance to do some good around here. While I was lollygagging about, it seems bandits were harrassing people in the street. Tracked them to a little north of the streets, where they stopped me. They didn't turn hostile on sight, indeed one of them actually greeted me as they closed in.

Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)

He'd "rather not say" what his profession is, but when I asked about their leader he ousted himself. I'm surrounded, and neither of us has started anything yet. Perfect.

I focused on the two ranged bandits, disarming them easily. As I've done nothing but grab them, they only seem to consider this a brawl. After backpedaling I respond to an incoming punch by breaking the offending goblin's wrist, provoking the swordsgoblins into drawing their weapons.

But as I happily demonstrate, I can do much worse. I haven't even drawn my axe yet, so far just relying on my shield and a free hand. And in but a moment, all four of them are crippled in this way. Last time I had someone in a neck crank, it was against the guard of a local lord I was told to assassinate, and the smart bastard yielded before I needed to hurt him anymore than I already had. But this time, justice demands snapped spines.

I draw my axe at last, tell them of the "animals" I put down, told of the wild child (read, werebeast) I forced myself to put down, and of the last group of brigands to cause trouble.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 12:36:03 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13514 on: January 07, 2017, 01:38:53 pm »

Bah. Spent an hour on a peasant locally unimportant bear man. Got him recognised for killing a bandit and a murderous sasquatch. I even went to a cave and took out a night creature on my lord's orders, kept the skull. Duel wielded a battle axe and a great axe like an absolute boss.

Then I went up against a different night creature who could attack three times before I hit once, and only broke his skin in a single place before he battered me to a thin, dead pulp.

Bah.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 899 900 [901] 902 903 ... 1104