Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905] 906 907 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2015222 times)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13560 on: January 16, 2017, 05:11:46 pm »

You can use [nobbc][/nobbc] tags btw, I had to use them recursively to explain them.
Ah. Had no idea there were such tags. I'll definitely use them in the future just below. Thanks Max.

That is odd. I could use this, however...small problem. Seems I can't get this to take the whole handful of powder.
So with powder and liquid I'd just use 1 unit along with [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]. That 1 unit is endless. No real need to specify quantity, I've found.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13561 on: January 16, 2017, 05:41:51 pm »

So with powder and liquid I'd just use 1 unit along with [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]. That 1 unit is endless. No real need to specify quantity, I've found.

Yes, which is a tad exploit-y. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13562 on: January 16, 2017, 05:55:11 pm »

Yes, which is a tad exploit-y. :V

Some stuff is just messed up. Part limit of the little that I know and part game as it is engage in collusion. Exploit-y is firing a bow while holding a shield to grind dodger. Or any DF wrestling. Hmmm, wait...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 06:09:30 pm by peasant cretin »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13563 on: January 16, 2017, 10:29:11 pm »

well got a crash finally from massive amounts of poofing folks with banishment.
currently wondering how do you get hearthspeople and worried it's tied to some unknown mechanic.
also learn interactions that give you can speak will not work if you bodyswap into the character.

like they can speak to you but will not gain the ability to speak if you play as them.
man loads of fun being able to jump around characters and not caring about what reputation hey would get.

uhh oh god kiwan kinda stuck in her own body. ooopps i can't really control her outside of jumping and she keeps falling asleep

man so this is how it feels like to be trap in a body that someone has total control over.
edit:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 11:07:18 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13564 on: January 16, 2017, 11:22:18 pm »

Fired up adventure mode to check out how everyone's feeling in my fort. Also happened to find out who the vampire was I was having troubles with! Accused random people and then one of them started attacking me, cut his head off and went on with my day. If I retire in my fort, will my guy join the tavern lot? Be a member of the fort? Or simply disappear?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13565 on: January 17, 2017, 12:05:58 am »

Fired up adventure mode to check out how everyone's feeling in my fort. Also happened to find out who the vampire was I was having troubles with! Accused random people and then one of them started attacking me, cut his head off and went on with my day. If I retire in my fort, will my guy join the tavern lot? Be a member of the fort? Or simply disappear?
the guy can do whatever they want mid world gen so all the above. they rarely disappear and they would join the fort if they technically apart of the civ.
"body swapping and YOU!"

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13566 on: January 17, 2017, 12:17:23 am »

the guy can do whatever they want mid world gen so all the above. they rarely disappear and they would join the fort if they technically apart of the civ.

Good, so tomorrow when I start my fort up against I'll have another warrior poet to add to my collection.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13567 on: January 17, 2017, 01:50:18 am »

Good, so tomorrow when I start my fort up against I'll have another warrior poet to add to my collection.
it's more if you start your adventurer from the fortsite, they are instantly included to the fort no issues
those that came from somewhere else kinda have to go through recruitment process
then there a case where they just stand around and defend the fort from hostiles but just there and place in the other section and get called "hostiles" this probably going to happen with your companions but good news they still defend the fort.
"body swapping and YOU!"

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13568 on: January 17, 2017, 03:11:42 am »

it's more if you start your adventurer from the fortsite, they are instantly included to the fort no issues
those that came from somewhere else kinda have to go through recruitment process
then there a case where they just stand around and defend the fort from hostiles but just there and place in the other section and get called "hostiles" this probably going to happen with your companions but good news they still defend the fort.

Ah okay, still good because I started him just from that site, checked what all the local areas were like and then returned home to see how my fort did with the AI ruling for two weeks.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13569 on: January 17, 2017, 06:56:22 pm »

When living or traveling in a taiga biome, it's useful to be warm. Num Muddyboots is finally dressed warmly and in the proper order. He acquired the majority of these wool items through trade and picked up the padded garments back at fortress Relicweavers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's a shame though, that it seems hardcoded for cabinets to populate primarily with leather (and the occasional plant fiber) items, which isn't biome dependent. To me at least, colder climates should cause cabinets to carry mostly wool.

At this point Num's done most of the crafting he needs to do. Besides what the game started him with (copper spear and dagger), he has all his woodworking/leatherworking tools, a sewing kit (thimble, needle, awl, shears), two shields (featherwood and gingko), an ashen (ash wood) spear, a large gneiss stone knife, an ashen crossbow, an elk bird quiver with a reasonable carry of 5 gneiss/20 diorite stone bolts, a stack of 40 spinach leaves, the glazed stoneware jug for water, and 3 glazed stoneware mugs for drinks with new friends. Still at 1.000 walking speed. I think I'll try to have Num attempt to travel lightly when non-goal oriented.

Seems a good time as any to "ask about the surrounding area" with ushrir Orbruled, the militia commander of The Moist Lanterns here in Doorbears.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So going back to the idea of playing a hidden history world, even though the history here can be viewed in Legends Mode, Num's keeping with "ask about the surrounding area," but no asking for directions beyond 1 hiccup NW which illuminated the black dot of a lair. Punctuating the catalog of critters and civilian professionals, are the things to be wary about; there's mention of a named grizzly bear to the east; and even further, a forgotten beast in a ruined fort; south, there's a night troll and a glacier titan. There's no mention of melee units which means no local camps.

Sit_Rom.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13570 on: January 18, 2017, 10:24:00 am »

King Cobra Man built for evasion versus a literal legion of goblins...

After tweaking the timers for King Cobra venom some, the little buggers go down like mosquitoes in a lightning storm...

It is hilarious watching the gobs in the back of the formation start freaking out when seven of their frontline soldiers succumb to paralysis within seconds of each other...

The best part is that there is still challenge in playing this kind of character, because armored combatants are a hard counter to my venomous bite attacks...

I imagine there are at least four or five heavily armored goblins veterans wandering around my world that have PTSD flashbacks of their immobilized compatriots silently suffocating to death every time they encounter a snake...
"After a while I got fed up and threw my coins at him. The silver coins hit him in the body and shattered his upper spine. I sat there watching him slowly suffocate."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13571 on: January 18, 2017, 10:51:49 am »

King Cobra Man built for evasion versus a literal legion of goblins...

After tweaking the timers for King Cobra venom some, the little buggers go down like mosquitoes in a lightning storm...

It is hilarious watching the gobs in the back of the formation start freaking out when seven of their frontline soldiers succumb to paralysis within seconds of each other...

The best part is that there is still challenge in playing this kind of character, because armored combatants are a hard counter to my venomous bite attacks...

I imagine there are at least four or five heavily armored goblins veterans wandering around my world that have PTSD flashbacks of their immobilized compatriots silently suffocating to death every time they encounter a snake...
you do realize if you ever stop playing this race you have to deal with dying from a king cobra snake bite if you ever encounter one again?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Sit_Rom.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13572 on: January 18, 2017, 11:04:08 am »

You do realize if you ever stop playing this race you have to deal with dying from a king cobra snake bite if you ever encounter one again?

Hardly an issue, put on a couple layers of armor and that snake is no more dangerous than a newborn babe...

Besides, it is more FUN this way, and it isn't as if I can't change everything back if I really need to...
"After a while I got fed up and threw my coins at him. The silver coins hit him in the body and shattered his upper spine. I sat there watching him slowly suffocate."

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13573 on: January 18, 2017, 01:26:07 pm »

Nah, it's fun to deal with the results of your own modding. I made giant lion sized sabertooths that I could play as an outsider with, but I also made them semi-megabeasts briefly, though they're closer to full on megabeasts, but it was annoying having everyone panic and run away so I removed that tag right?

So now they're just GIANT LION SIZED WILD ANIMALS THAT RUN AT SPD 7.0 OR SO AND HAVE COPPER-TOUGH BONES FUCK THERE'S PACKS OF THEM!

Make a world with only a handful of megabeasts so I can play around in a golden age world, expect to be smashing bandits and giant alligator zombies and whatnot, go ask for a quest, they're like "YEAH THERE ARE LIKE TWENTY SABERTOOTHS RUNNING AROUND" so... that's a thing.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13574 on: January 18, 2017, 04:56:57 pm »

Can confirm funness. Made nagas/echidnas for Spellcrafts, they're incredibly tough opponents as an adventurer. The various magical things will also create havok. Enemy wizards are deadly.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905] 906 907 ... 1103