Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 906 907 [908] 909 910 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2021900 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13605 on: January 19, 2017, 08:48:06 pm »

hwut i'm gonna go download it

EDIT: Yep, the Doom has the RCP simple legs, and those don't have grasp. BUG.

What lunacy is this? D:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13606 on: January 19, 2017, 11:56:18 pm »

I started a new adventurer, in a shorter-history world so that there will hopefully be something besides bronze collosi and megabeasts left for my adventurer to fight.

According to random peasants, we have a goblin kidnapper in the area. They can't give me any more leads, but tell me the castle guard Quesa Girlishtells knows more. After an hour-long hike to the castle, Quesa tells me that she knows nothing about it, but there's a den of evil called Quakedglory that has been giving our poor hamlet no end of trouble.

We arrive at Quakedglory and find a perfectly normal town. It's full of goblins and animal men being their disgusting, inhuman, savage, unclean, unnatural selves, but ultimately harmless all the same. I find that they too have a kidnapping problem and tell me to find a human named Rakel.

I think Rakel might be made up because nobody knows where Rakel is. Not merchants, not random passers-by, not palace guards or even the lord himself.

I think Gili Ihhapabat might just call it a day and go home, she's hungry and exactly zero good deeds have been done.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13607 on: January 20, 2017, 12:45:46 am »

I started as an elephant man hearthperson. I take one step. One. The guy beside me decapitates me.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13608 on: January 20, 2017, 12:48:38 am »

Num Muddyboots slow travels out of fortress Whippedmachine to the hillock Lancedworks where he talks with well-dressed militia commander Vucar Groovecobalt.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He asks her about the surrounding area. The things that stand out are a camel monster curse and the mention of personages not by profession but by species, the indicator of being an outcast. Afterwards, he leaves, fast-traveling to human held lands. Slow traveling here would be a true waste of time.

In human held lands, after setting up base at the town Puretomes, Num discovers he can one-hand pikes, halberds, 2H-swds and great axes.
I'm leaning towards the idea that that's the specificity of having largeness in the character description, which has the properties of being both tall and broad. This is opposed to the mutually exclusive property of being broad or tall where becoming large is due to being an extreme version of either physical build.

Anyways, it's here at an empty meadhall that Num ends up taking the life of his first sentient, bandit bowgoblin Utes Blottedhexes. I was trying to delay combat engagement with sentients for as long as possible. It's after this run-in that Num acquires a band of dwarven followers who shadow him wherever he goes.

Later, in the hamlet Willfulclinches, Num finds its meadhall surrounded by rectangular periphery of books strewn everywhere. This is apparently recompense for mountain hall Trammelmines.
It becomes clear once inside as to why this is so. The myth of the creative type's preference for disarray.
Num mills about and reads every book around the meadhall. Num enters the hamlet itself as he's fairly certain there are ever more books and reads these as well. Most happen to be mediocre as befits found/discarded items, though he did find one at the meadhall that was masterful and another one here in the hamlet that is inspired.
Since these are all first editions, Num doesn't take any of them on the journey. In the end, he became a level 6 (talented) reader, though his analytical ability does not improve. It had started at average and has only increased due to tracking and quite possible ambusher.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 12:54:26 am by peasant cretin »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13609 on: January 20, 2017, 12:09:54 pm »

Gili Froginsights and Quesa Girlishtells fricking finally find Rakel, who happened to pass us by pure luck as we were exiting the castle. However, by this point I had already forgotten which goblin kidnapping rumor I had been chasing. Luckily Rakel has another job for us: there's a bandit camp called Shockmenaces just a few hours away. I recruit her, since bandits are way more dangerous than single goblins. Night is falling though, so we decide to camp halfway between town and the bandit camp.

Then I discovered that you can still be attacked by some dangerous things, even if you have companions.

I woke up to find a vile freak spearman gnawing on Rakel's leg. I stabbed it over and over, rending lungs, guts, spine and limbs, but the freak won't let go of Rakel for anything. Quesa got a nasty gash on his mace arm and had to bash the freak with a shield. Finally I slash the monster in two, freeing Rakel. Unfortunately, I was too late; she'll never walk on two legs again. We press on to Shockmenaces.

Most of the camp is asleep. It's easy pickings at first, as the goblin scum don't even seem to realize that they're under attack. Then their master lasher comes out and destroys my leg. With nowhere to run, I try to make the best show that I can. And that was the end of Gili Froginsights, and probably poor Quesa and Rakel as well.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13610 on: January 20, 2017, 01:38:42 pm »

New world, new character. Rismal Timeplated the Savage Blizzard of Scholars has already killed five night creatures, four in the same battle. His face is really fucked up. I'm keeping a record of what and where he gets all his scars.

I just walked into another den of night creatures - five of them!

oh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13611 on: January 20, 2017, 06:21:47 pm »

So, in "let's see what brainfuckery Max is up to this time" news, I took control of another kidnapped elf girl

Is there still a way to bodyswap? I used to use dfusion in dfhack but that was borked/nonexistent the last time I looked.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13612 on: January 20, 2017, 07:00:15 pm »

Rismal HATES night creatures. He's killed twenty of them. Also a cyclops and some untransformed werebeasts. Right now he's on a journey to kill a hydra in an old dwarven fortress.

Rismal has high enough axe now that he can make short work of most night creatures. Most - the elder night creatures can still give him some trouble. He's lost an ear to a dusk creature and his cheek is ripped to shreds, both on the left side. Most of Rismal's wounds seem to be on the left side.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13613 on: January 20, 2017, 08:19:48 pm »

So, in "let's see what brainfuckery Max is up to this time" news, I took control of another kidnapped elf girl

Is there still a way to bodyswap? I used to use dfusion in dfhack but that was borked/nonexistent the last time I looked.
its all lua scripting so it's possible to load that up. which... kinda what killed dfusion.
it a separate script I think in dfhack called adv bodyswap. but I mostly have my own version of the script so I don't use it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13614 on: January 20, 2017, 11:29:17 pm »

Oh yeah, I changed gm-editor a lot, now if you target a unit with look it pulls up the normal unit screen, if you view them it pulls up their nemesis entry so I can hit the histfig entry, unit entry, AND flip the adventurer/retired adventurer/active adventurer flags, so I just go around and ping units with potentially interesting history or whatnot and make them retired adventurers for later.
Also, uh... one of the lovely anons over on /dfg/ pointed out that when you update a world, in that two week window you know?

gui/gm-editor df.global.gview.view.child
Then change the value in the year/year_tick entries.

oh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13615 on: January 21, 2017, 09:06:19 am »

Oh yeah, I changed gm-editor a lot

This seems really helpful. Would you be willing to share? (Sorry to be that guy.)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13616 on: January 21, 2017, 10:59:59 am »

After the book explosion at hamlet Willfulclinches, Num Muddyboots continued to drift through meadhalls. If there appeared to be enough poet/bard presence in the meadhalls, Num'd visit the settlement itself hoping to find more books to read. He's already reached Adept Reader (level 7), but oddly enough has only just become a dabbling student. I realize it's actually fairly easy to get to legendary reader, though in a library you'd need to sort the books into piles to expedite consumption.
He was also visiting meadhalls to collect weapons for his hillock (the sheriff and militia commander are keeping the peace with utensils. This works well against dangerous cheeses, but little else). Once he had enough of a haul, he made the journey back to his home in Doorbears where he distributed the weapons and armor.

I decided to have a look at the "Adventure Mode item not recognized in container issue" Random_Dragon spoke about a few days ago, as I vaguely remembered I had a few reactions that referenced item in container. Previously, I didn't really have much reason to have Num make any soap since he can't use it without AdvFort. My guess: the only useful workaround was to make quicklime/parchment/soapmaking work in a way that's similar to brewing, since all the items are properly recognized (they are either lying on the ground or in your character's hands).

It was the right call as he made a bar of elk bird soap. In one hand he held the glob of tallow, in the other he had a bucket with 10 units of lye. He put the bucket on the ground and then took out the 10 units of lye with his other hand. Now the game would recognize that the 3 elements needed for soap were present: glob of tallow + 1 unit lye + bucket = bar of soap.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13617 on: January 21, 2017, 11:51:39 am »

It was the right call as he made a bar of elk bird soap. In one hand he held the glob of tallow, in the other he had a bucket with 10 units of lye. He put the bucket on the ground and then took out the 10 units of lye with his other hand. Now the game would recognize that the 3 elements needed for soap were present: glob of tallow + 1 unit lye + bucket = bar of soap.

Oh that is just weeeiird. D:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13618 on: January 21, 2017, 03:48:19 pm »

Do giant animals attack settlements? I walked in to find a giant tiger with a name assaulting the meadhall, and for some reason got spit at when I cut it down. Oddly hard fight too, but I guess everything's harder when forgoing a shield and relying on dodging so you can use a hammer and axe in either hand =.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13619 on: January 21, 2017, 03:59:40 pm »

Do giant animals attack settlements? I walked in to find a giant tiger with a name assaulting the meadhall, and for some reason got spit at when I cut it down. Oddly hard fight too, but I guess everything's harder when forgoing a shield and relying on dodging so you can use a hammer and axe in either hand =.

I was spending some time sleeping in a fortress, and I saw as a asterisk approached. When I woke it was around midnight, and a night troll had charged into the trade depot and was killing the dwarves. So settlements do get attacked, meaning giant animals likely do too.
Pages: 1 ... 906 907 [908] 909 910 ... 1104