Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2021102 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13785 on: February 25, 2017, 10:40:03 pm »

Can you later pull them out and use them as weapons
Yes, but that would be a waste, since I can't put them back. I did lose one of my crossbow bolts when a night creature grabbed it and pulled it out.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13786 on: February 26, 2017, 07:24:54 am »

hmm it seems like body swapping into them and forcing them to accept works.
though now I kinda just screwing around with the punt script and this really insane bridge set up that zig zags across the river.
ended up trying to complete a lap around the hamlet only to take the hard 90 degree curve of the bridge and flew right out of the minecart, into a tree, that I grab on to.
god you try to turn using this script you split into 2 beings, drifting so hard you see your past self 6 turns ago,
if only we figured out how to turn all ramps into minecart safe ones.

or figure out what world do I need to build to make it flat so one has to not worry about going uphill
Can't you ride up over tracks normally?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13787 on: February 26, 2017, 07:58:39 am »

hmm it seems like body swapping into them and forcing them to accept works.
though now I kinda just screwing around with the punt script and this really insane bridge set up that zig zags across the river.
ended up trying to complete a lap around the hamlet only to take the hard 90 degree curve of the bridge and flew right out of the minecart, into a tree, that I grab on to.
god you try to turn using this script you split into 2 beings, drifting so hard you see your past self 6 turns ago,
if only we figured out how to turn all ramps into minecart safe ones.

or figure out what world do I need to build to make it flat so one has to not worry about going uphill
Can't you ride up over tracks normally?
yes but like I'm going to manually install track ramps for roads and hills when cross country riding, there also the bit of going too fast for the game to accept the minecart to go over the track ramp.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

akaryuthered

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13788 on: February 26, 2017, 05:52:17 pm »

well my poor rhino man has a paralyzed arm due to a lucky shot from some weak little goblin archer so hes going off to the nearest dark fortress to take revenge on goblin kind for maiming him. i dont expect him to make it there but if he does i plan to mulch pulverize and impale as many goblins as possible.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #13789 on: February 26, 2017, 07:10:50 pm »

I've created the ultimate elf
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Born among humans, his world is overrun with goblins, as they more than quadruple the population of dwarves. Almost every single one of those kills is a goblin. Six thousand down, 38 thousand more to go.
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13790 on: February 26, 2017, 09:59:43 pm »

I just now realize one could achieve ruling the world dream by picking up recruits and getting them to become your lieutenants which unlocks the ability to claim multiple sites. so it's possible to just go around and control everything
sadly to do this I need to bodyswap into them to force them to agree to becoming a lieutenant but it a step into being a mastermind.
 I mean this probably the next step after getting necromancy/demon spouses running around claiming sites like you run the place.
this might lead to figuring out how to send armies on pillages and what not.

but currently having fun trying to drift through bridges on a minecart at insane speeds to attempt taking over the world.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13791 on: February 26, 2017, 11:32:03 pm »

Well shit if you're hacking them then you can just insert the references, it's how I made a goblin into my girlfriend and once set up a love triangle to see what would happen, it was very confusing, I was married to one, lover with another, the one I was married to was lover with the other, and I think the last one was married to the one I was married to and lover with me or something like that. Getting someone into your squad is easy by comparison.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13792 on: February 27, 2017, 12:08:57 am »

Well shit if you're hacking them then you can just insert the references, it's how I made a goblin into my girlfriend and once set up a love triangle to see what would happen, it was very confusing, I was married to one, lover with another, the one I was married to was lover with the other, and I think the last one was married to the one I was married to and lover with me or something like that. Getting someone into your squad is easy by comparison.

...you mean you can fuck up the code to implement one-way marriages? That sounds like the most gloriously fucked-up thing ever. You made a love ouroboros, not a love triangle.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13793 on: February 27, 2017, 12:53:17 am »

I forget exactly what the relationship was fully, I think I might have did a rock-paper-scissors thing?
A married B lover C
B married C lover A
C married A lover B
Dunno, it's all possible really, and you can make them happy about it if you want!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13794 on: February 27, 2017, 10:54:34 am »

okay so it seems like using the punt command you can keep up a momentum to float on water, meaning you can  turn a minecart into a boat and sail the seas with it,
sadly why would one ever sail the oceans when they known to freeze and kill you
though traveling around on lakes, and riding down rivers in insane speeds are doable.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13795 on: February 27, 2017, 04:05:01 pm »

Now that is impressive, so what, you're basically hydroplaning around in a minecart?

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13796 on: February 27, 2017, 08:15:24 pm »

So, I've been somewhat busy. I made a human swordsman who worships a god of death, disease, malformations and such. Her first kill was a cave dragon that somehow made it to the surface and was harassing a town. A couple of days later she took down a vampire reptile man and became one herself (vampire, not reptile) by licking her own armour clean. I trained her a lot (the nearby forests had some giant zombie wolfs that made for good training partners) and did some adventuring...

Right now she's carrying two backpacks full of divine metal armour and weapons, and a slab that's going to look fantastic on her free tavern room back in the city she saved from that cave dragon, once she's done using it.

BUT!
as I made my way to a hamlet near the vault, I noticed a * on the streets. Meh, taking down some bandits will be easy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you can't tell, the ones that look just slightly lighter in colour than the rest are weapon lords. There's a whole bunch of them, and they're closing in.
Place your bets, one legendary vampire swordmaster (legendary armour user, shield user and dodger too) VS a lot of weapon lords.

This is going to be fun.

Edit: Forgot to add, I mentioned she worships that god of death called Marat because the vault I found was made to protect the slab a demon made to become a part of the world with a little help from his friend who's also called Marat and is also a god of death. Small world, huh? Wish I could have made myself a bone amulet with the bones of the "bane of marat" unique angel, but the thing had a chitin, not bones...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 08:18:12 pm by SebasMarolo »
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13797 on: February 27, 2017, 09:33:54 pm »

Now that is impressive, so what, you're basically hydroplaning around in a minecart?
yeah discover it once I hit the end of a river that lead to a huge lake, and ended up doing circles up until I hit the edge,
I really need to set up the old ollie script to propel my character up 1 zlevel with out creating a dupe self who would slam into the wall.

so uhh in other news finally cross 3 quest menu tiles of frozen ocean, the middle being insanely maze like with the second QMT being hellish.
I still freaked out on the udder horror and fascination of the game just creating a hallway out of ice to lead you through until you get swallowed by the arctic abyss and I dance with bogeymen.
I swear there's some tunneling huge Ice serpent that burrows through the ice creating hallways in the oceans.
"body swapping and YOU!"

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13798 on: February 27, 2017, 09:39:41 pm »

*Sees stuff about minecarts* *Tries it* *Upper body explodes in gore*
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13799 on: February 28, 2017, 12:04:55 am »

That always happened to me too.

Ive been playing around on the world I generated last week off and on, and I think I can get into the tower on the island and steal their slab. They're air summoners, I think?

There are literally no other races besides vutchnell on this landmass, and no vutchnell at all elsewhere in the world. Its actually pretty interesting how that turned out.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 918 919 [920] 921 922 ... 1104