Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2015781 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13875 on: March 16, 2017, 04:56:10 am »

I feel like an idiot for saying this, but what's a sha? Did you mod it in, cause there's no page on the wiki for it.
Yeah I did mod them in.

yes, this is normal (in the game)
I've never seen armor besides helmets removed though, that's my point.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13876 on: March 16, 2017, 04:03:43 pm »

I've been having occasional crashes, but haven't had any luck replicating them or understanding what the issue is. I've more or less given up on that and am now island hopping across the ocean to reach the mainland. I decided to cheat myself into being all powerful, which helps a lot and let's me test my mod during the trip. So much for a clean playthrough from peasant to master wizard, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13877 on: March 16, 2017, 04:18:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
using stuff like your feet and fists for attacks is hilarious and horrifying
EDIT:whenever i do the jump while grabbing onto an elf on a tall tree, I imagine the adventurer is using the elf as a surfboard then jumping off and doing a stunt, inevitably hurting themselves while watching the Elfboard get buried under dirt.
I picture it like 6 Juggernaut tackling White Chain in mid-air, complete with the disapproving finger-wag:

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13878 on: March 16, 2017, 08:06:42 pm »

My adventurer died, so I'm gonna do something a bit...odd. I'm doing a no attributes run as a Dwarf, and see how long I survive, really.
The name of the Dwarf, I'll keep updates here.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #13879 on: March 17, 2017, 08:11:50 am »

My adventurer died, so I'm gonna do something a bit...odd. I'm doing a no attributes run as a Dwarf, and see how long I survive, really.
The name of the Dwarf, I'll keep updates here.

When you say, "no attributes", do you mean no combat skills or attributes, or just no attributes? Cause if it's the former, we can call this the "zero to hero challenge."

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13880 on: March 17, 2017, 01:44:13 pm »

the former, no skills, nothing at all, just some random dwarf existing in the world presumably going to be mauled by dingos or wolves
EDIT:Became a vampire, probably not the greatest idea yet giving no attributes or anything, but extra survivability will be nice.
EDIT 2:She died, but mostly because I lost interest and kinda suicided by swordsman because I wanted to do a fort.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 02:39:45 pm by Nep Nep »
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13881 on: March 17, 2017, 03:21:47 pm »

EDIT 2:She died, but mostly because I lost interest and kinda suicided by swordsman because I wanted to do a fort.

Boredom induced suicide, the greatest threat to any adventurer.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13882 on: March 17, 2017, 05:49:53 pm »

i kinda got overrun by zombies, so my new run features a dwarf with nothing but wood weapons heading underground with a bunch of drunks, certain to meet death.
Edit:
this dude is absolutely useless, won't comment on surroundings, nor will he join me with the "ha! such enthusiasm for one such as yourself" message.
Edit2:I realized how mood draining Caverns are, in a way, there's always a fear of the unknown, a fear that something will kill you, and it's amplified here, you have bare minimum vision, you cant fast travel to skip on it, and it's all scarier if you're just a mere peasant who's only companions are weak drunks, who will die if they get in a serious fight (like one of mine did to a blind bear), it's intresting, really.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:46:50 pm by Nep Nep »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13883 on: March 17, 2017, 08:32:23 pm »

My current adventure grinded to a halt when I was sneaking into a bandit camp. A random crossbowman spotted me and fired, shattering my upper spinal cord and damaging the motor nerves there, leaving me unable to use my arms or legs. I managed to escape by crawling behind a tree and sneaking away, and my crippled adventurer is now a retired veteran living in a dwarven hillocks. Just goes to show that something can go wrong no matter how high you dodge skill is.

I freaking love this game and I don't know why.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13884 on: March 17, 2017, 09:07:11 pm »

I am playing as a tiger man named tigerman number 1 who goes around killing Minotaurs without even a bruise!
so far i have manged to get him hailed as a legendary hero SOMEHOW??? but he is so awesome i think he is my best guy!

actually funnily enough his only injuries were from saving a town from some bandits!
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13885 on: March 18, 2017, 09:42:53 am »

Actually i noticed a group of dwarven soldiers keep following my companions and trying to help us is this some sort of a fan club for Tigerman Number 1? :-\
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13886 on: March 18, 2017, 10:53:14 am »

Actually i noticed a group of dwarven soldiers keep following my companions and trying to help us is this some sort of a fan club for Tigerman Number 1? :-\
I think those are actually criminals, most likely. If they keep following you no matter what, then usually that means they are out for your blood.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13887 on: March 18, 2017, 11:38:44 am »

Not always. Sometimes local hearthpeople will follow along with you until you get too far away from the site they're attached to, usually after you become a local hero.

Or sometimes it's sheep. Sheep that respawn and resume following you after you kill them all.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13888 on: March 18, 2017, 02:26:39 pm »

Back at hillock Rainylabor, Num Muddyboots begins milling about, looking for a good location to build a storage shed of some sort. For a very odd reason, the game has assigned an asterisk to a large barn owl. I suppose this makes sense given Rainylabor had accepted a horse recruit into the community.
Continuing the search into the night, Num finds a hamster who gnaws its way out of the rope reed backpack, yet sadly the backpack suffers no wear.
No location appears suitable, perhaps less because of terrain, and more about the nature of player sites not fitting into what I would like for this character. That can be decided another day.

Southward of Rainylabor, in hillock Furnacedwelled, Num once again hears about Egom Simplesink the Sprayed Pass the forest titan, so he asks for directions to, and runs a scout.
Egom's harmless, which means melee.

The terrain here is mountainous. It's a ridge with multiple z-level changes, and despite knowing this, I have Num hurl the copper spear he spawned with as fight opener. The spear is never recovered.

Channeling the great Umibouzu, Num decides to primarily beat Egom, who is organic, with blunt damage to the upper body (the lungs) to win by suffocation. Num initially attempts a dagger shot to ground (which is unsuccessful), but it actually starts with an attack of opportunity to the upper body (a kick).

But here's where the damage gets a bit weird.
There had been left lung damage, but it vanishes from the read out for some reason. Another gabbro shot brings it back.

Once Num renders damage to both lungs the fight's essentially over. If this had been a range combat, Num would wait the 800 ticks for suffocation, but since it's melee, Num chooses to stat up misc. object user and kick from adequate to competent. Upon reach those marks, Num dodges 1 z-level downward, hits fantastic visual stealth (By Obstacle + In Vegetation + Tiny Profile) and waits Egom out.

The RNG gods may be saying something as two of the three shrines Num's been to have had sets of bolts, but never any arrows. Time at any rate to slow trek back north to Rainylabor.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13889 on: March 18, 2017, 02:45:00 pm »

It's that time again, as usual I doubt I'll manage to get any of my fellow bolds to join me. :V

EDIT: Welp. No bolds to recruit, but I made a drum from eagle bone and eagle leather, and have a style that can use it.

EDIT 2: Staves aren't really good weapons.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 03:42:45 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 1103