Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2016088 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13890 on: March 18, 2017, 07:06:20 pm »

My mountain gnome adventure has had many kills under her belt whether it was saving the fortress from ice wolves or having to save some snotty baroness consort from a giant zombie wolf. Either way she was almost done with her grand quest she had just one more thing kill the final giant alligator she then traveled for a day and confronted the beast outside of his lair at first the fight wen't swimmingly but then the beast destroyed her lower leg and severed all of the nerves in her left hand.

as she and I thought this would be the end and as she saw the white light her companions jump in chopping up the beast into itty bitty pieces
her companions checked how their now 1 legged friend was doing. All she said was. Drink please!

I think i'm going to retire Generic Gnome Earthenvoices the banded rust unless i can wield a crutch a sword and a shield in the same hand

So this is the end of Generic Gnome Earthenvoices story!
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13891 on: March 19, 2017, 02:08:30 am »

Welp, rocs are kinda hard to deal with when you're a kobold. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13892 on: March 19, 2017, 03:21:44 pm »

I was actually wondering so i have a new adventurer from a modded race i made and i was wondering where can i find crutches because she had her foot torn off by an alligator and has had her lung been destroyed :-\
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13893 on: March 19, 2017, 03:30:59 pm »

I was actually wondering so i have a new adventurer from a modded race i made and i was wondering where can i find crutches because she had her foot torn off by an alligator and has had her lung been destroyed :-\

Mostly just pure luck whether you'll find them in mead halls, mainly. Or if you have a mod to craft your own... 3:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13894 on: March 19, 2017, 05:33:50 pm »

Presuming you're not being directional and asking for lair location, when it comes to titan hunting, the only reliable titan to hunt is the mountain titan. Its location (on the fast travel map) is on a world map tile adjacent to the mountain range it had been associated with during the direct "ask about the surrounding area" conversation, or picked up via an overheard conversation. You don't need to ask for directions to its shrine. Other titans though, are pretty much in the middle of wherever. In fast travel on the world map, you could mindlessly brute force canvas the region where its shrine was mentioned, until you get a zoom-in, or if in slow travel on the local map, you can stumble upon the blip of an announcement once you track onto the site.

Num Muddyboots departs from Rainylabor and heads southeast and ends up at hillock Arrowtrades and asks mayor Lor Dutygate about the surrounding area.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The forest titan Fewetha Summershores the Untamed Waxes had been a titan Num had failed a search for, using both fast travel and slow, but now as it came up again in conversation, he asks for directions to. The shrine, Lobsterbrews the Gorge of Butterflies, is one day equidistant to Arrowtrades and Rainylabor.

Fewetha turns out to be made of coral and has a distinctly harmless special attack.
At first, after the required dagger stab to cause grounding, Num wagers he'll need to copper dagger it to death, but an attack of opportunity involving a bite to the head reveals coral is easily chipped, fractured, and shorn. So the rest of the fight is bite to head and chest spam. The reward is a stat upgrade from skilled biter to proficient.
Bite is fun, but freakishly overpowered. Umibouzu wouldn't have bitten an inorganic, pretty sure a numbskull dwarf shouldn't either.

All the titans are around 11,000r in weight save for Senre who was oddly a 9k. No idea why.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13895 on: March 19, 2017, 08:25:28 pm »

The last few playthroughs I learned a few things:
A.Killing people and having people who ran off return after an hour nap to recover will cause them to stab you in the head and die
and B.Goblin Overlords who learned you killed people will be disgusted with you and sic his lackeys on you to kill you

This game is great
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #13896 on: March 19, 2017, 08:49:33 pm »

The last few playthroughs I learned a few things:
A.Killing people and having people who ran off return after an hour nap to recover will cause them to stab you in the head and die
and B.Goblin Overlords who learned you killed people will be disgusted with you and sic his lackeys on you to kill you

This game is great

My brother told me of a time in which he played as a modded in indestructible creature that could kill all in a single punch, so he went and brought the age of emptiness upon the world. He killed literally everyone except one random human that he left alive so that he could go and chat with him occasionally. The guy never moved, and was always in the same house surrounded by skeletons.

Tyjid

• Bay Watcher
  • I once killed myself on a carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #13897 on: March 20, 2017, 11:07:14 pm »

I found out that you can't beat people to death with their own vomit the Fun way anymore. It wears down in 3 strikes, so ye gotta settle with crushing their skull
I'm not sure being slapped around by a slab of metal on a lever being bad for your spine is the game's worst sin on the realism front.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13898 on: March 22, 2017, 09:13:53 am »

it's been a long vacation, but oh boy where to start.
Spoiler: finer-fast-traveling (click to show/hide)
so in the middle of messing around I discovered for myself that goblin dark fortresses have Taverns, or well Tavern keepers
and this one Goblin lady had some history. aslot Hatescourge was the first of her kind, and seem a tad cursed, her Dancer husband Died and eaten by a tiger name Testedpet who attack and Clawed her left eye out. Aslot been under constant attacks by megabeasts and titans and Killed 8 beewomen. out of all of 9 kids 2 of them still alive and had a newborn Die to a crocodile before they got to see their birthday.

she Brusied through out her entire body and yet no scarring and works in a Dark fortress that has no Demon. which is where I jump out of that save and into my purestrain Wereturtle save to find one to see if I can Yoink Control over the Fort.
good news yeah I could, bad news I just discovered the feather Giant lizard demon was a woman and ponder if the Script for empregnate wouldn't work on her.
I was wrong and now confirmed One could just (maybe dfhack or get lucky in fort mode)marry and with Huge luck have half-Demon babies with your giant huge Probably Lizard Wife.
uhh being a werebeast kinda made binding a demon pretty... impossible so I basically abuse the whole "oh yeah passive ride script I made allows me to Teleport mount" and flew out the fort on a goblin after Conning the now demon mom and her butcher (...son?) of their power.

so now I can't help but think of all those past adventurers here with there demon wives.

other than that my day was spent twiddling my thumbs til I can come back here to post this.

ps edit: uhh if I did make that were tortoise breed with that feather demon the child probably be literally Bowser. so yeah nah.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:15:59 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13899 on: March 22, 2017, 10:32:50 am »

it's been a long vacation, but oh boy where to start.
Spoiler: finer-fast-traveling (click to show/hide)
I made questport for that sort of thing dude!
Code: (questport.lua) [Select]
-- Point at a spot on the quest map and go there.
local gui=require 'gui'
local qp=df.global.gview.view.child
local qmap=dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen()
local qarm=df.global.world.armies.all
if df.viewscreen_adventure_logst:is_instance(qmap) then
local qx=qmap.cursor_x*48
local qy=qmap.cursor_y*48
local rx=qmap.player_region_x*48
local ry=qmap.player_region_y*48
df.global.ui_advmode.unk_1=qx
df.global.ui_advmode.unk_2=qy
if df.global.ui_advmode.menu==0 then
gui.simulateInput(qp.child,'LEAVESCREEN')
df.global.ui_advmode.menu=26
df.global.ui_advmode.travel_not_moved=true
gui.simulateInput(qp,'CURSOR_DOWN')
dfhack.timeout(15,'frames',function()
gui.simulateInput(qp,'A_TRAVEL_LOG') end)
-- print('Ready to teleport!') end)
elseif df.global.ui_advmode.menu==26 then
for k,v in ipairs(qarm) do
if v.flags[0] then
local my_arm=df.global.world.armies.all[k].pos
if (rx~=qx or ry~=qy) then do
my_arm.x=qx
my_arm.y=qy
qmap.player_region_x=qmap.cursor_x
qmap.player_region_y=qmap.cursor_y
     end
end
    end
end
    end
end
It won't bump you across a river, and it still doesn't wanna let me travel away from a site/mountain if you try to travel first and get the "you cannot travel" message, but I've zooped myself out of dark forts/mountains/etc and such with it, and just made sure it works fine as long as you don't try to travel out first, though a wait is sufficient to allow porting out properly.

Mostly it was just for the convenience of using the in-game interface where possible, though I do like the caverns trick.

If anything I'd suggest seeing if you can convert the advfort careful move+direction trick for aiming the script maybe?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13900 on: March 24, 2017, 04:14:11 am »

Found one of my previous adventurers, sleeping in the lair of a hydra he and his crew slew. Decided I'd have a nice conversation, apparently there was an army on the march for the lair... Are the goblins coming for vengeance against him? All six companions I retired him with were gone for some reason.

UPDATE: Well, that was... Weird. I went up to a king and told him about the ettin I killed that had been harassing the mountain hall, he said it was horrible, told me I was a killer, spat at me, and then the king consort walked up, punched me, and shoved my ribs through my heart... I proceeded to bleed out while taking vengeance by making her king into a guy named Bob.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 11:13:22 am by StagnantSoul »
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13901 on: March 24, 2017, 01:38:23 pm »

Found one of my previous adventurers, sleeping in the lair of a hydra he and his crew slew. Decided I'd have a nice conversation, apparently there was an army on the march for the lair... Are the goblins coming for vengeance against him? All six companions I retired him with were gone for some reason.

UPDATE: Well, that was... Weird. I went up to a king and told him about the ettin I killed that had been harassing the mountain hall, he said it was horrible, told me I was a killer, spat at me, and then the king consort walked up, punched me, and shoved my ribs through my heart... I proceeded to bleed out while taking vengeance by making her king into a guy named Bob.
well the lesson is Don't Kill anyone, that just makes you look like a bigger monster. try to Disney death your foes, push them off cliffs, drown them, get some vines to hang them, uhh hit them with interactions that would melt them, get some one else to take the blame for offing them. gotta Hitman your targets.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13902 on: March 24, 2017, 01:47:44 pm »

well the lesson is Don't Kill anyone, that just makes you look like a bigger monster. try to Disney death your foes, push them off cliffs, drown them, get some vines to hang them, uhh hit them with interactions that would melt them, get some one else to take the blame for offing them. gotta Hitman your targets.

Ah, no. The lesson is never begin a dialogue with anyone. Kill everything preemptively.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13903 on: March 24, 2017, 02:31:30 pm »

Maybe you killed the king's drinking buddy? Ettins do have [CURIOUSBEAST_GUZZLER] after all.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13904 on: March 24, 2017, 03:13:56 pm »

Maybe you killed the king's drinking buddy? Ettins do have [CURIOUSBEAST_GUZZLER] after all.

I wonder... Do Ettins choose which head to drink with? Is it based on their dominant hand? Or is it split evenly between the two?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 1103