Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2011781 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14115 on: May 10, 2017, 08:23:23 pm »

hoping for the chance to plop a random Civ group then body swap into one of the citizens, all I need to do next is dfhack military access to them so I don't end up playing pacifist fort all the time.
A true necromancer.

I ended up conning the leader out of his position through hackery means
Scumbag.

to be fair, as soon as I jump out of the Adventurer's body that she probably gonna Give up that position to someone else.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14116 on: May 10, 2017, 09:43:02 pm »

Thats one hell of a gorlak family reunion.

Theres got to be something behind that, maybe submit a bug report?

Yup, I'll upload to Mantis in a bit. Feels similar to another critter explosion. Don't remember which one tho.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14117 on: May 11, 2017, 06:06:35 pm »

Yup, I'll upload to Mantis in a bit. Feels similar to another critter explosion. Don't remember which one tho.
Horses?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14118 on: May 11, 2017, 07:14:45 pm »

Horses?
Was in the process of uploading to http://dffd.bay12games.com, but while perusing the bugtracker, I think it's tied into either http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7698 or a similar relation.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14119 on: May 11, 2017, 08:27:21 pm »

Horses?
Was in the process of uploading to http://dffd.bay12games.com, but while perusing the bugtracker, I think it's tied into either http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7698 or a similar relation.
It might be related but I think you're seeing some new as yet unreported behavior. Most of that bug report is about the large underground populations in newly generated worlds, whereas you've spotted a 1 month gorlak-splosion.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14120 on: May 11, 2017, 09:58:39 pm »

Was wandering around, returning to my cave home, where I kept a lot of wine and food in chests and barrels, as well as had a little workshop for producing new furniture to sell for food and ammo in the nearby city... A freaking forgotten beast was in there. A massive skinless anthrosomething with poisonous gas, which I learned had the effect of making me vomit everywhere about half a day later. My companion charged the critter and started stabbing away belligerently, got three jabs into the heart with her pike. I started slamming my hammer against it's head, in the hopes of crushing it's skull, to no avail, while switching out for mine axe once in a while to swing at it's neck. The damned thing wouldn't die, even after losing an eye, all it's teeth, having it's heart jabberated a lot, at least two dozen hammer swings to it's head, and a ton of axe hacks to the neck and upper body. I even bruised it's lungs by accidentally hitting the upper body. Why won't it die? Why?!? We're currently in the nearby city recruiting sacrifices brave souls to help us combat it and win back our home.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

5crownik007

• Bay Watcher
  • 5crownik007 cancels Homework, playing Dwarf Fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #14121 on: May 12, 2017, 08:47:33 pm »

Was wandering around, returning to my cave home, where I kept a lot of wine and food in chests and barrels, as well as had a little workshop for producing new furniture to sell for food and ammo in the nearby city... A freaking forgotten beast was in there. A massive skinless anthrosomething with poisonous gas, which I learned had the effect of making me vomit everywhere about half a day later. My companion charged the critter and started stabbing away belligerently, got three jabs into the heart with her pike. I started slamming my hammer against it's head, in the hopes of crushing it's skull, to no avail, while switching out for mine axe once in a while to swing at it's neck. The damned thing wouldn't die, even after losing an eye, all it's teeth, having it's heart jabberated a lot, at least two dozen hammer swings to it's head, and a ton of axe hacks to the neck and upper body. I even bruised it's lungs by accidentally hitting the upper body. Why won't it die? Why?!? We're currently in the nearby city recruiting sacrifices brave souls to help us combat it and win back our home.
Yer lucky that syndrome didn't give you... heart necrosis or something
unless it did
ya never know what that forgotten beast gas did to you
you could be dying RIGHT NOW.
https://i.gyazo.com/a2e73b4fe5612640aacbe46cb4c78740.gif
The Soviet invasion of the Reich fort in arena. Soviets won despite... that.
---------------------------
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14122 on: May 12, 2017, 09:07:06 pm »

Yer lucky that syndrome didn't give you... heart necrosis or something
unless it did
ya never know what that forgotten beast gas did to you
you could be dying RIGHT NOW.

Fair point, it's dead now though, thankfully. Used my bow for this fight, sicked a bunch of spearmen I recruited on him. They poked away, mostly bruising, a lot of them got caught in the gas. I got a few good shots on it, despite most of them just lodging in the leg. A few toes got cut off, two soldiers died from sudden cases of decapitation. Ran over to my weapon chest, stupidly leaving my hammer and axe at home, and took a procession of heavy smashes on the beasts head as it was shaking another guy. Fifth smash in I crushed his skull... Traded everyone for their armour and weapons, then sent them off once we were back in the city. Six nude hunters are quite happy after killing such a magnificent/creepy as hell beast.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14123 on: May 14, 2017, 07:06:32 pm »

Horses?
It might be related but I think you're seeing some new as yet unreported behavior. Most of that bug report is about the large underground populations in newly generated worlds, whereas you've spotted a 1 month gorlak-splosion.
Just to check, no campsite construction was done previously, was it?

If so it's probably similar to: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9925

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14124 on: May 14, 2017, 10:56:21 pm »

It is the year 100. Civilization as we know it has crumbled under an unending tide of monsters. Gangs of outlaws rule the few inhabited ruins, offering only the faintest pretense of safety.

A traveler walks in, even more poorly dressed than the few surviving villagers and their crude loincloths, and carrying crude weapons. The survivors are cautious until it becomes apparent that the stranger is eager to seek out the horrors of the world and slay them. Of the three he encounters, only the strange serpentine villager is willing to join him, she also being the most helpful in learning the various lairs surrounding the ruined villages. The two rodent men insisted insist on staying in the ruins.

Along the way the two explored the area, the serpent woman having hinted at the hated nature of the brigands ruling over the few survivors. They encounter a few goblins in the ruins, clearly better-armed, better-dressed, and better-fed than the few he encountered so far. They reacted with open hostility to an unfamilar being bearing arms, having also provided a crude stone axe to the serpent woman.

They were slain soon enough, their clothing cut apart to fashion simple clothes and armor for the naked traveler, and armor for the serpent woman as well. Soon enough they encountered two more goblins and a human, more brigands that were slain, and the human providing for a scant few pieces of iron armor for the human.

While both feared that routing the warlord and his enforcers would deny the villages what little protection they offered, the serpent woman's belief was firm. They had only fought back against the threats surrounding them when their warband was in danger, offering no assistance to the few survivors of the animal-man tribes whenever they came under attack.

And so the two set off, hoping that the remaining survivors could make use of the bandit's equipment to gain a fighting chance, as they went off to fight the great beasts of the wild...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14125 on: May 15, 2017, 06:49:38 pm »

It is the year 100. Civilization as we know it has crumbled under an unending tide of monsters. Gangs of outlaws rule the few inhabited ruins, offering only the faintest pretense of safety.

A traveler walks in, even more poorly dressed than the few surviving villagers and their crude loincloths, and carrying crude weapons. The survivors are cautious until it becomes apparent that the stranger is eager to seek out the horrors of the world and slay them. Of the three he encounters, only the strange serpentine villager is willing to join him, she also being the most helpful in learning the various lairs surrounding the ruined villages. The two rodent men insisted insist on staying in the ruins.

Along the way the two explored the area, the serpent woman having hinted at the hated nature of the brigands ruling over the few survivors. They encounter a few goblins in the ruins, clearly better-armed, better-dressed, and better-fed than the few he encountered so far. They reacted with open hostility to an unfamilar being bearing arms, having also provided a crude stone axe to the serpent woman.

They were slain soon enough, their clothing cut apart to fashion simple clothes and armor for the naked traveler, and armor for the serpent woman as well. Soon enough they encountered two more goblins and a human, more brigands that were slain, and the human providing for a scant few pieces of iron armor for the human.

While both feared that routing the warlord and his enforcers would deny the villages what little protection they offered, the serpent woman's belief was firm. They had only fought back against the threats surrounding them when their warband was in danger, offering no assistance to the few survivors of the animal-man tribes whenever they came under attack.

And so the two set off, hoping that the remaining survivors could make use of the bandit's equipment to gain a fighting chance, as they went off to fight the great beasts of the wild...

More, please. This is fun to read.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14126 on: May 15, 2017, 08:13:01 pm »

Horses?
Just to check, no campsite construction was done previously, was it?

If so it's probably similar to: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9925

No campsites. Eh, no matter now as I trashed the saves.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14127 on: May 15, 2017, 08:42:28 pm »

Regenned a new 1050 with tridents for fishing and Grendel's Cave darts for throwing. Rerolled a cold taiga biome Bim in the hillock Springlanced.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
After checking temp, weather, and having a brief survey of the rocks and flora, Bim decides to do the backwater thing and begin the run by wrestling peaceful stray horses, to take what was dabbling wrestler to novice and novice fighter to adequate.
It's quite a bit different than the cave croc or the alligator training sequence. Instead of the one lizard bite attack to contend with, horses have 4 hooves. While playing Kisat Dur's intercept the attack, you could end up seeing 2 equally easy/easier attacks of similar opportunity value +/+/! coming your character's way and have to rely on a peasant's novice dodger for a passive auto-miss, were you to choose unwisely.

Since he has no shield, Bim follows the safest route and opts to grab dodge, which just chains grab, no wait for the landing, followed by dodging away.
There's no limb entanglement requiring extra ticks for the release of grips, plus the benefit of a manual dodge with its attendant roll boost. As there's no wait for the landing, the usual 17 tries to hit novice wrestler, I believe are doubled---any grab chain only has half of the movement of a full grab.

The first page of the express emotions menu is all that really matters. It's sound to clump the right experiences together. Makes a kind of Future Boy Conan sense:

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14128 on: May 15, 2017, 09:25:34 pm »

More, please. This is fun to read.

The two set up, scouting out the local lairs. Many of the ones in the area were home to great and terrible beasts, ones that the wanderer judged too great a threat to deal with in their current state. It was during their first few nights in the harsh desert that their first trial occurred, not in the form of a great beast but mere wildlife, starving dingos and vultures. The human suffered no great injury, but...

While battle-scarred, the serpent woman was otherwise unharmed in the end. Their scouting continued until they reached great expanse of desert, with signs of greatly disturbed sand, and evidence of the wildlife avoiding the area entirely, even vultures preferring not to fly over the region.

With a great tremor within the earth, their threat made itself clear. A massive, slithering chitinous beast with armored plates surrounding many segments, and a maw filled with countless massive, dagger-like teeth. The great wyrm. The eternal thing.

The adventurer ordered his companion to hang back, an order she was eager to follow, as he met the beast on sprawling sands, the creature charging across erratically. Given its size it was fortunate for him that the beast couldn't dig or move beneath the sand to attack from below, preferring only to burrow to gain shelter from the sun.

Jab, backpedal, exploit every single gap in the massive plates. Crudely-knapped stone met little resistance whereever it struck these vulnerable spots, the human clambering onto the great beast to jab into the segement that he guessed was the creature's head. That alone seemed to make the creature thrash erratically, yet undeterred even when became clear he tore directly through the closest thing the creature had to a brain.

When its flailing about forced him to resume his cautious strikes, another jab between plates revealed a similar reaction, this time the creature's movements slowing until, moments later, it lay dead before him, coiled in a massive circle around him, having been poised to attempt another frantic strike when he hit his mark.

With crude armor of stiff chitin and hard bony plates, and a massive tooth of iron-like hardness affixed to a spear shaft, the adventurer continued onward, companion in tow...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #14129 on: May 15, 2017, 11:00:16 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 1103