Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 944 945 [946] 947 948 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2021146 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14175 on: June 04, 2017, 07:33:17 pm »

I am standing under a tree full of elves. I am very tempted to fell it.

Unfortunately it is impossible.
Otherwise clearing out forest retreats would have been so much easier.
So why is it impossible? Lack of axes, or breaking physics, or...?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14176 on: June 04, 2017, 07:56:39 pm »

I am standing under a tree full of elves. I am very tempted to fell it.

Unfortunately it is impossible.
Otherwise clearing out forest retreats would have been so much easier.
So why is it impossible? Lack of axes, or breaking physics, or...?

I'm fairly sure they're structures, and not really trees. At least as far as mechanics go.
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14177 on: June 04, 2017, 08:16:00 pm »

vanilla wise you can't because you don't own the site to chop the tree down.
dfhack advfort wise, yes you totally can chop the tree down and drop all the elves.
then again you could just burn one of the branches and doing that would sever a tree branch connection
but bewarn this will lead to a cave in and possibly knocking you either out of the tree or into the sky to your death.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14178 on: June 04, 2017, 11:24:43 pm »

I did a wolfman adventurer earlier. It went badly, because wolfmen are so small. I didn't focus on strength like I should have. Was given a mission to kill a reptile woman. I found her after some searching. She was a local blowgunner. That fight was hilarious. It started well with me grappling her and stunning her, but she eventually got a lucky shot on my hip that knocked me over. After a while I managed to get her on the ground and weaponless, but it took ditching my hammer and just focusing on biting her legs into uselessness. The fight came down to endurance and I held out long enough to see her pass out so I could slam her in the head until death,

I went home, turned the mission in, and was sent to kill a dragon. I said fuck that and went back to that tribe to kill other reptile people instead. Took a few out until a couple worked together to break me. That was the end of poor wolfy. Now I'm a lion man from the same human hamlet. That tribe doesn't exist anymore and my current adventurer has 51 notable kills already. And he's building a wilderness home within an hour or two of the closest hamlet. All of this in a combination of Adventurecraft and Spellcraft, though my lion doesn't know how to read. I forgot to put points into that.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14179 on: June 05, 2017, 02:55:13 pm »

Found a random tomb. Wandered in.

Got diced by the mummy. This is why you respect your ancestors, kids.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14180 on: June 06, 2017, 08:33:06 am »

started a new world in the updated corrosion mod and notice my spider-bard had already read a book.
which makes me wonder if it possible to start the game with a character already knowing necromancy or reading a vault slab?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

OmegaShadowcry

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of Many Memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14181 on: June 06, 2017, 09:21:37 pm »

Found a random tomb. Wandered in.

Got diced by the mummy. This is why you respect your ancestors, kids.

I did something similar as an orc, once. I then found out that mithril armor means nothing to them.

But, as the quote goes, "[...] beyond that my experience mirrors yours."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:24:23 pm by OmegaShadowcry »
He finally died when there was nothing else to take and my axeman bled him out trying to steal his guts.
I walked off of the outer wall a few minutes later as the new King. I'm still baffled.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14182 on: June 07, 2017, 08:14:17 pm »

Blegh, ran into some pack of creatures called Wind Serpents while heading somewhere to west, after making all sorts of chopping moves and killing them one limb at a time 'till I either chopped their heads off or some who just bled to death, found out now that my Draenei got compromised somehow as drinking the blood makes her paralyzed which can be easily avoided so no issue there but however moving either way my character starts melting at some point. Before all of that I happened to also take a swim over a river at the wrong time as when I was about to step out of the water the whole darn river froze over and RIP carved on a icy icicle tomb of my character. *facepalm*

But fret not as I went back to my untouched copy of my new generated world which I made a new copy of ofc and just made a proper immortal and impervious character... *drumroll* Ischrotaur warrioress! Had to choose Draenei first to spawn in their civ there and while creating the character I used DFtool to change the race. Once created and in-game I didn't bother crafting the gear painfully like I used to with reaction-spawn-crafting as I just skipped it all with the ease of DFhack that saved me hours of spam crafting stuff to get mastercraft quality gear. I always value having proper gear on my adventurers first that they themselves have put work into making something to be properly ready for battles to come.

As an Ischrotaur (hairless, digitigrade/with hooves, broad-bodied, strong and demonic-looking version of a minotaur) I feel the most safest playing as something I modded into the game. Every battle a victory, every punch and kick very powerful, every throw of something bound to be very damaging, every swing and thrust of a weapon a deadly show of brutality, every extreme long fall and/or jump just a minor no-big-deal sensation of impact and most importantly: More casual and quality-of-life winning-is-fun gameplay because for me victory is so much more preferable than a defeat. Defeat just demotivates me from playing any game on PC, so I cheat and enjoy a game in my own unusual way.

As for the fresh demigod character of mine, I'm hoping to get more body count on my mastercraft quality ischronite drolth adorned with bands of amethyst, aka true colors of Warhammer 40k's Chaos powers, like portals and other demonic energy that glows from black to purple to pinkish colors. Still have my Kobolth's body count record to increase with a new character.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 08:31:14 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14183 on: June 07, 2017, 10:56:04 pm »

Heh.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14184 on: June 08, 2017, 12:45:08 pm »

@Max™

"Heh" indeed. Who are those Old Ones, something from some mod or did something new got added to the game? It's odd enough that two entities are named the same and even more bonkers is the fact that you along with three of them seem to have fallen into a center tunnel-crosspath of magma, all at once in a same one tile too.. ouch. :o One heck of a scenario to pull that off. Reminds me all those times I myself have something so random just casually happen all of a sudden and watching the screen in awe while asking myself along the lines of "how the heck did that just even happen?" to ecstasy of laughter when things get so random and ridiculous all of a sudden when everything aligns together in a sudden unexpected way.

Good to see you still around and others too (ZM5, Rumrusher, Random_Dragon and others who's name doesn't pop-up in my mind right away at the moment of writing this post).

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14185 on: June 08, 2017, 11:08:40 pm »

My mod and no it isn't even remotely shareworthy at all, they're in the arena and it's from my attempts at getting my spouse converters working right. I had them fixed with four castes split as two converters and two spouses, but when I redid some of the detail portions and cleaned up the layout I broke it, so I set them up as two creatures to troubleshoot.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14186 on: June 09, 2017, 01:33:31 am »

last time I did that I ended up with the converters converting same sex spouses and somehow having children anyway. I don't think more than two castes was ever meant to be supported.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14187 on: June 09, 2017, 03:33:38 am »

Spouse converters are a bit odd - it's why I wish there was a token for a converter to only convert creatures into a specific caste.

Strigois from my modpack have males and females as both converters and converted spouses (as in only 2 castes, not 2 converters and 2 spouses) - so I get the same issue of them converting into the same sex spouses but still having children (I once genned a world with around 109 strigois in a single lair).

Then I have boreworms who don't seem to spread out as much - they're of the "4 castes - 2 converters and 2 spouses" variety - I have no idea if that has anything to do with them not having massive population booms.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14188 on: June 09, 2017, 11:24:39 am »

*burst out laughing and almost spilling his drink out of the mouth* Wait, a what with a what, with a what now!?? xD Ackh! *laughs some more*

*catches his breath* I guess life really does, uh, find a way! XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMjQ3hA9mEA

*laughs even some more...*

EDIT: It's not just funny.. it's borderline hysterical to me because I'm still having a hard time painting a picture of it in my head to begin with! I guess spouse converters can clone convert themselves or something. This is like modding experiments taken into a whole new level or sub-level and gone off the scale bonkers while taking sanity along with it and at the same time burning the word "!FUN!" into "!x!X!!!FUN!!!X!x!". This just made my day!

Apart from all the great amusement value, on a more serious note:

I've noticed that battles tend to be deadlier in 43.05 and when an opponent is wearing clothing and I hit and damage an area covered by clothing with anything sharp and made out of my overkill ischronite metal, I just might have finally a chance to remove a demon from its dense clothing so I can kill it faster and better, in theory of course, no idea how the game will react as the insane values on/in my customized witchcraft metal might just tear through the whole clothing and chop something off with a first swing instead plus my Iscrotaur god-species have a bit higher value on the muscle size to merely give the illusion that the muscles in my creature are just denser like their bones and other body materials that can't be damaged due to bigger size and high protective stats of the body materials.

Have sometimes punched or body-jump-slammed something and in doing so killing it with one hit and having to read the aftermath of some poor foe getting killed by sheer blunt force from my character in the action logs to see what the heck happened and getting a sort of dark satisfaction out of it. Heh, also I had to increase the values in my Ischrotaur's raw file along with the Ischronite (basically super adamantine) and Ischronitium (basically super platinum) metal values just in case if I ever ran into one of my own Ischro-creatures by some odd RNG dice roll or something that might spawn them in the world, but even with ischronite or ischronitium weapons it's still quite difficult to kill off an equally maximized Ischrotaur, I know this from tests in previous versions of the game. As for the 43.05 version I had to re-check some tests and thanks to that I knew I had to increase the values due to falling damage managing to wound or even kill my ischrotaur which wasn't the case in previous versions of the game, once I increased the values I'm able to safely jump from great heights again and pull off stunts that would usually get anything mortal killed.

There are still a rare few areas though that I must avoid from happening but at least majority of the death factors are essentially nullified.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 01:34:40 pm by Droggarth »

LordFreezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14189 on: June 10, 2017, 07:47:10 am »

I've discovered the joys of throwing people off the tops of trees.

I also encountered a guy who could sleep through getting all his teeth kicked out...
Pages: 1 ... 944 945 [946] 947 948 ... 1104