Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994633 times)

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14190 on: June 10, 2017, 02:07:45 pm »

Hehe, I've been able to do something similar with sleeping bandits but on a flat ground due to maxed out attributes and skills on my characters so I can use the blunt-force-body-slam-jumping into them at high running speed and sometimes they die during or waking up or just get up and puking after getting slammed from a sleeping position across a few couple of tiles away with injured wounds and broken body parts while I inhumanly dismember and mutilate them some more before chopping the head off.

Recently my methods have gone even darker as I attempt to slash my foe's guts out first and then sever them off thus rendering them vomiting all over the ground. I've set my metal values and my character's race's body values to so overpowered level of insanity that within the hands of my maxed out Ischrotaur, an ischronite weapon is an inhuman and brutal weapon as my character and the weapon are an unstoppable force of nature that can move faster than an Ylside warriors/guards from the Arx Fatalis RPG dungeon crawl game. Even when the game says a strike is impossible to do but once I press on the part with "impossible" strike, I can chop off even facial features.

It's a game after all and when I found out that I can pull off the impossible strikes I went for it and got myself a few test subjects, even resurrected one dead victim with a paladin interaction I added to my Ischrotaur's abilities. For a few couple of in-game ticks there was a meatpile entity which resurrected the victim who despite being at full health after the process, it probably still started throwing up after seeing its own old entrails and limbs all over the floor while wondering how it got the lost limbs back while seeing the horror on the ground and remembering being butchered and chopped. In-game it just seems a natural thing to try out to see how and what happens in the game.. and yet once I think about it while writing I realize "..bleagh, that's actually just borderline fucked-up, good grief." Oh, Dwarf Fortress what have ya done to my moral compass! xD
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 02:32:28 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14191 on: June 11, 2017, 12:05:05 am »

Overidden it completely, thats what.

Did you know disemboweled creatures trailing guts show up with the star when viewing them through walls as a vampire? You can see their guts as little red squiggles. And if you fast travel or sleep before someone has bled to death from the disembowelment, the bleeding will have stopped the next time you see them even though theyre still happily dragging their guts around everywhere, like nothing ever happened.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14192 on: June 11, 2017, 03:44:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
in which i geld and kill people with a barrel
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

5crownik007

• Bay Watcher
  • 5crownik007 cancels Homework, playing Dwarf Fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #14193 on: June 11, 2017, 11:22:26 pm »

ARMOK CHRIST
you just crushed that dude's children with a barrel filled with dwarven rum or something
https://i.gyazo.com/a2e73b4fe5612640aacbe46cb4c78740.gif
The Soviet invasion of the Reich fort in arena. Soviets won despite... that.
---------------------------
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14194 on: June 12, 2017, 06:46:33 am »

@Eric Blank

Heh, overridden is the right word indeed!
I still know of that trick with npcs due to reading but I have never actually tried it myself though, that leaving or sleeping to skip their bleeding effect, something on my DF's-to-do bucket list. As for seeing stuff and guts as a vampire that's something I didn't know due to my characters never ending up as a vampire or a werewolf, interesting to know though, I play in worlds that are only 5-year old to skip the lag and the time it takes to load a game while also keeping the file sizes small for easy backup process.

Wait, what? Using powerful blunt attack on a human's/humanoid's butt-end basically can make their nads just fly off? How does one even do that from behind a victim.
I feel like ZM5 when trying to make sense of it but as far as I'm concerned; I just start laughing uncontrollably trying to automatically draw the scenario and failing the moment I hit that random RNG variable thanks to the game. Aside from what hysterical effect the game still spectacularly has on me, I have two sides of the torso to un-stiff/massage once again. xD

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14195 on: June 12, 2017, 02:39:31 pm »

Wait, what? Using powerful blunt attack on a human's/humanoid's butt-end basically can make their nads just fly off? How does one even do that from behind a victim.
I feel like ZM5 when trying to make sense of it but as far as I'm concerned; I just start laughing uncontrollably trying to automatically draw the scenario and failing the moment I hit that random RNG variable thanks to the game. Aside from what hysterical effect the game still spectacularly has on me, I have two sides of the torso to un-stiff/massage once again. xD
the trick is to slam them in the butt so hard that their nads become terrified and run away
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14196 on: June 12, 2017, 07:03:28 pm »

So I was testing some recent material changes...

On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

LordFreezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14197 on: June 12, 2017, 11:51:53 pm »

Hehe, I've been able to do something similar with sleeping bandits but on a flat ground due to maxed out attributes and skills on my characters so I can use the blunt-force-body-slam-jumping into them at high running speed and sometimes they die during or waking up or just get up and puking after getting slammed from a sleeping position across a few couple of tiles away with injured wounds and broken body parts while I inhumanly dismember and mutilate them some more before chopping the head off.

Unfortunately this bloke was up a tree, so I couldn't get a decent enough run up to do a good body slam on him

Found a random tomb. Wandered in.

Got diced by the mummy. This is why you respect your ancestors, kids.

I've wandered into seven tombs so far on my current adventure, and not one of them has unleashed a mummy on me even though I've been kicking the door in and tipping over their statues.  So inconsiderate.

Other than tomb raiding I've encountered my first Necromancer's Tower.  Getting rid of the corpses was easy, just sit on the corner of the building and decapitate them as they come around.  The Necromancers themselves were more challenging, but I ended up killing one, leading the resulting zombie up to the top floor, away from the rest, then finishing it off and repeat.

As I've cleared the tower out, I think my next adventurer will be an animal-person necromancer, should be FUN!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14198 on: June 13, 2017, 01:18:40 am »

It turns out it's less prone to lopping off limbs of bandit goblins with clothes and basic armor on, but it still hurts a lot.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14199 on: June 13, 2017, 11:27:59 am »

Heh, even with my new ischronite's overkill values on my Drolth-sword-
-I still sometimes get attacks that only graze or touch a part of armor or clothing, if an ischronite weapon hits clothing though it's still a win as weapons made out of my metal can rip through clothing fast and render a foe from most clothing due to insane material values, have seen NPCs getting their clothing torn/ripped off at a rather very fast pace if attacks strike the clothing layers enough.
Trying to spill someone's guts though is still tricky as I have a random chance of doing a bisection instead.

The rest of the 90% of the time I can easily slash and chop a foe on a battlefield as if the opponent is merely a food on a large table getting chopped and skinned alive to be ready for cooking while still somewhat alive. Damn it sounds fucked-up, here's me laughing again over the fact that DF overrides one's sense of morals and respect for, well, everything really! xD Makes perfect sense in the game but in RL a disturbing dreadful sight of horror and bloodbath but back in the game though it's "meh, have seen worse.".
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 11:31:50 am by Droggarth »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14200 on: June 13, 2017, 01:16:53 pm »

I liked it in the old days when you could set the grass under somebody on fire and theyd be trapped there as they burned to death, but their clothes would remain intact slightly longer than they would. So you could jump in once they died and nqb their clothes. Easy way to get clothes for an outsider adventurer, back before adventurer reactions.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14201 on: June 13, 2017, 02:47:03 pm »

I'm surprised my adventurer, who started as a peasant no less, managed to become a legendary fighter by visting villages and beating up people. I had a lot of fun just randomly exploring the world, too.

EDIT:I kinda killed off my character, the run became very monotonus and there wasnt much left for my character to do outside kill stuff, so I kinda got bored and im gonna roll a new more heroic character later.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 03:09:14 pm by Nep Nep »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14202 on: June 13, 2017, 04:00:32 pm »

Well uhh, I genned a new world after doing a modpack update. I figured I'd look to see some of the site populations around and I found this near a small, dying Blood Elf civ.

There's more lairs right next to it - one has only one strigoi, another has 3, and the last has 38 strigois and also a single blood elf (for some reason).

I'm highly tempted to go there as an adventurer and see how long I can last.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14203 on: June 13, 2017, 05:55:33 pm »

I tried out site building and just as I feared I'm occupied in fastidious pointlessness like singling out larch trees for the exterior. I have a temporary tavern zone under a temporary shelter with barrels of booze, a chest of cups and a chest with one instrument. Because I'm using advfort for the structure, my companions are all bullshitting around while I do all the work, but I've learned a few new forms and works from it.

I've got the beginnings of a longhouse mead hall, about 460 square units area, on a raised basalt block foundation. I'm not far from a beach shore with tides creeping in, so I have to hurry to get a floor on it to move the tavern up. I plan on a paved obsidian central floor for the tavern area, and a pine wood floor around that will be zoned for the main hall. I also struck a gold vein in the obsidian, but no idea yet what I will do with it. It's so heavy and has to be carried 10 zlvls up, so I'm reluctant to rely on it heavily.

EDIT: A crash brought me back to my senses; this was only supposed to be a temporary base to raid the Dark Fortress 1 world tile south. But maybe after I'm done they'll come visit the tavern for R&R. I think 'The Rancorous Forks of Horror' would be the kind of beach and leisure resort demon thralls would enjoy.

I left the deadweights behind because I knew I couldn't trust them on an infiltration mission and slunked into Ruthlesscradle by light of the full moon. Mothers all over my civ have cried about their abducted children being taken here, but cell after cell was empty. If I had to count I would say the total human population here was me. Of the many times I've attempted this mission, not once has it ever gone remotely as described! Whoever claims to have rescued children must be either full of shit or playing a different game!

Since the mission was a scrub and they didn't have any loot worth sifting through, I left them my calling card: an assassinated lord and 44 skinned beakdogs.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 03:00:28 am by Uzu Bash »

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14204 on: June 14, 2017, 11:54:48 am »

Blegh, yeah. Reminded me when last year I myself used reaction file magic to craft logs out of thin air, that part was easy but dropping like 2000-3000 logs from the inventory just so I could build a large structure out of one wood type. Took a long while to a point I had to put an automated mode active and into play to drop everything.
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 [947] 948 949 ... 1103