Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 963 964 [965] 966 967 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2015044 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14460 on: August 29, 2017, 03:08:44 pm »

Word of advice: Even if you're a vampiric rhino man, DO NOT underestimate having your head punched off by a bronze colossi.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14461 on: August 30, 2017, 12:46:26 pm »

the wonders of non osha approved construction done by 6 drunk dwarves and a mosquito woman rip those 2 dwarves that died to a discovering cutting down trees under your construction made of imaginary floor tiles causes caveins leading me to hire 4 more dwarves.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14462 on: August 31, 2017, 11:11:03 pm »

I'm off on my next expedition:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The reason I draft such detailed itineraries is because my xml takes way too long to open in Legends Viewer to use it for quick reference, so I try to get as much of it covered at once and I can think of.

First, I tour my new dwarven civ, whenever possible via underground road, all the way to the library at the south. On the way I'll be poking around for a forgotten beast that had ruined one of the mountain halls, and naturally I'll hit that peak while there.

From there I move to the next demon master. My plan is to try to force a lord to make me a hearth before I meet the master, then find some way to convince him to hand over rulership of the civ. I hadn't planned on pursuing my dream, to Rule the World, in the first year of adventuring, but if I have a chance to grab an entire civilization, my character couldn't possibly pass that up!

Whether that works or not I've settled on the east route, to a demon master who's name I don't have yet. I'll try to find if it's possible to get his vault location on my map before I go there. If I can't seize a goblin civ, he'll simply be slain, otherwise I'll try to spare him for the future.

After that, a vault and a library in close proximity, then I circle back on the west route for another vault. Then I'll settle where the moon ogresses hunt while I plan my next journey.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14463 on: September 01, 2017, 12:40:26 am »

My lord has told me to drive some bandits (Satiny Diminishment) out of a nearby city (Scalelaces).

So, I have travelled trough the city and had not found them. Eventually, I decided to use the legends viewer to look for them.

I found out that they are in sewers and that they are serpent men. I started searching in sewers, but aside of a bunch of serpent men skeletons, I could not find them.

Eventually, I decided to take a swim in the river, and from a sewerage pipe, which I could not swim trough because the ceiling is too low, their leader attacked me. My friends and I killed him, but now I know that they are hiding in areas of the sewers I can not enter.
I even tried to tell my lord that the job is done after killing the commander, but my character only said that it shall be done.

I will probably retire and start a character, that will be able to not drown and kill them.

Update: Before I built my cottage, in which I was going to retire, they had driven themselves out.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 01:09:20 am by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14464 on: September 01, 2017, 02:25:35 pm »

I decided to raid a goblin fortress with my current adventurer. I slaughtered some goblins and trolls, gained some skills, rescued some children, etc. It is important now to note three things:
  • I had around 30 children following me at the time.
  • I jumped everywhere because I was carrying a *ton* of stolen crafts, and so walking (and even sprinting) was very slow.
  • The corridors in the goblin fortress were very narrow.

You can see where this is going.

After exploring one branch of the goblin fortress I decided to backtrack. I jumped backwards -- right into the swarm of children behind me. I slammed into about ten of them, those ten slammed into ten more, and so on. There were children flying *everywhere*. Some of them completely *exploded* upon impact. Overall about 5 died and 10 were severely injured in the aftermath. Those that survived must have gained some wicked dodging skills...

Many of those who are injured are either unconscious or have lost the use of a leg (or both), so I will be forced to abandon them, meaning that all I've done is basically rescue some children from the prison only to smash them apart and then leave them to die. Which doesn't really fit in a role-playing perspective, so I think I'm gonna savescum.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

ViolentBeetle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14465 on: September 02, 2017, 03:05:57 pm »

Visited my old fort that was overrun by goblin siege. Found it mostly empty, with one human merchant just chilling there.

I think I'm going to reclaim it now. It was a good fort.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14466 on: September 02, 2017, 08:18:05 pm »

Visited my old fort that was overrun by goblin siege. Found it mostly empty, with one human merchant just chilling there.

That one merchant frequently visits and gathers dwarf and goblin bones which he then sells to night trolls.

ViolentBeetle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14467 on: September 03, 2017, 04:56:22 am »

That one merchant frequently visits and gathers dwarf and goblin bones which he then sells to night trolls.
I reclaimed the fort and it seems like he was part of a caravan which is now considered hostile, but won't attack unless provoked.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14468 on: September 03, 2017, 05:34:29 am »

In the hamlet of Stormceiling, Bim encounters 3 human bandits.
Seeking morale failure, he drives them out with non-lethal strikes and kicks. Lethality becomes a problem when skills scale upwards, but Bim's are novice. He targets the lower body with punches and kicks to trigger nausea, but only punches to the upper body to bruise the heart or damage one lung, as kicks might cause unwanted lethal spinal damage, or jab bones through organs. Lower body shots always come with the risk of gelding, but luckily none of that happens here.

Striking and kicker tier from novice to adequate.
As a result, Bim, who does have a build/size modifier in his description, undergoes a change from broad, short with almost no fat, to stout and very muscular. It's consistent with the info from the DF wiki string dump. A character who's very muscular is at the edge of the high strength tier, just before tipping over into superior. Bim hasn't strayed from eating 4 units of food at day's end. I hoped that the limit on food would keep him from moving up in strength tier. Perhaps this was indeed like trying to squeeze all that you could composition-wise, from a given bodyweight. It was unlikely to say the least, and the increase in melee activity was sure to cause a change. In DF, archer-rangers have gainz.

At Stormceiling's out of the way meadhall is none other than vampire law-giver Ado Grottohugs, who's managing a war with elves.
At her side is vampiric human recruit, Hob Blotspear. Hob isn't quite the henchwoman one might want as the lack of melee specialty indicates she's more of a factotum.
Hob's quite forthcoming about the current state of affairs as are all the denizens of Stormceiling. Ado and Hob are both friendly, well-mannered vampires. Such fine stewards of the people! The blood drinking is no secret. In fact, you could say it's widely accepted. With the sun low in the western sky and these two blood-drinkers milling about, Bim treks out of the hamlet to eat his meal and to sleep.

Taking a page from the Uzu Bash adventure log, I map out Bim's itinerary.
Most of the travel is through the mountains, which is to say uninterrupted by trees, where I mindlessly hold down a direction key.
Bim visits two ruined fortresses, one containing a forgotten beast, the other a hydra, neither of which can be found due to world gen's structural caprice. The FB was always a gamble. Usually a webber leaves webs so there may be some sort of forewarning. The fortress that housed the hidden hydra was worth visiting as its warehouse level contained cheese, a food item Bim hasn't eaten since the mountain peak he had climbed.
Now in dwarf lands, cradled in a mountain valley, Bim will stop off at fortress Desertbolts' library, to trade in his books for new reading material, before setting off for the next mountain peak.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14469 on: September 03, 2017, 11:37:02 am »

I reclaimed the fort and it seems like he was part of a caravan which is now considered hostile, but won't attack unless provoked.
congrats on your body guards those units will now fight off and attack any wildlife that gets nearby.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14470 on: September 03, 2017, 06:30:03 pm »

The first leg of my trip was spent running in local travel to burn off my remaining fat. And while visiting a Roc, axegirl finally lost use of a leg in human first, giving me the opportunity I'd been waiting for to get her crutch training. Since then her Agility and Endurance have tracked right up, getting close to superhuman levels now.

When my stored fat reached 0, my movement rates ended at 1.818 Jog, 2.5 Run and 4.0 Sprint, but my mass has dropped roughly 480 since I began:

This civ has never had a war before, but the Mountainhome erupted into bloody gory mayhem soon after my arrival. Every noble in the whole civ was there killing each other, and they managed to eliminate the king. I had no clue which side to pick, I was only certain that I was against anyone who attacked me. The killing settled down to a knot of exhausted Barons ineffectually punching an exhausted and unconscious Baron. I saw no reason to remain, and I rushed the rest of this leg of the trip. I scaled two peaks where I expected to find one, skipped the search for the FB, and only spent 2 days in the library before turning east toward goblin territory.

Dragonunion

• Bay Watcher
  • ... challenging the monsters of the depths
    • View Profile
Re: Battle in castle
« Reply #14471 on: September 06, 2017, 08:33:04 am »

I've started with an elephantmen in a human town to make some Experiments in battle.
So I accidently ( 8)) killed the Lord by cutting an arm and a leg. He bled to death.
My elephantman went through the Castle to find some lonely humans. Successfully came back to the central room of the Castle where the Lord died.
It looked strange. Everywhere corpses of the soldiers. Some of them still fought with each other.
One of them was marked as ally.
I was heartperson of the Lord and in nothing more. So: WHY they killed each other? AND why was one of them my ally?
The old apple revels in its authority.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14472 on: September 06, 2017, 08:43:21 am »

Did at least one of them attack you before you left after killing your lord, but before the civil war?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14473 on: September 06, 2017, 10:13:24 am »

It looks like you caused a loyalty cascade. Since you were a hearthperson, you and your lord were in the same combat group, leading to all sorts of shenanigans when you attacked him.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14474 on: September 06, 2017, 04:06:42 pm »

Ask about troubles if you find someone non-hostile, they'll probably mention an insurrection. They're especially likely when the lord dies and there are several factions with a stake in the entity (you can ask about it).
Pages: 1 ... 963 964 [965] 966 967 ... 1103