Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 967 968 [969] 970 971 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2020870 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14520 on: September 21, 2017, 01:35:36 pm »

In a single post you summed up all the derps of the world, like suddenly becoming a religious head by taking hands.  :P
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #14521 on: September 21, 2017, 03:08:35 pm »

No need to change this. It will result in "human child punches you in the head trough steel helmet! Injured body part becomes cloud of bloody mist!" :P
Also, do attributes of retired adventures deteriorate? I'm pretty sure i left her with superhuman endurance, but when i unretired her two month after it was "above average endurance". Other attributes changed too, though not that dramatically.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14522 on: September 21, 2017, 09:06:39 pm »

@McCreeper:
4. Blood count doesn't regen until the map reloads, then it's complete rrecovery.
8. Because of a demand for submission from an ally, even if it's between allies.

@last: The Unused counter can advance and take off points but that's a lot for such a short period. Sounds like a bug.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14523 on: September 21, 2017, 09:40:39 pm »

A quick look at the world_sites_and_pops.txt reveals:
Code: [Select]
137: Ushavsothbod, "Bladeblockade", vault
Owner: The Dimpled Unions,
25 Zalis's Guardians
50 Death Workers
1 Zalis's Catastrophe
The Deathworkers are the lvl 4 quadrupeds, the Zalis's Guardians are the bipedal weapon users of either lvl 6 mook or lvl 11 weaponmaster variety, while Zalis's Catastrophe is the monstrous archangel.

Bim's best defensive stat is lvl 11 great dodger, and his best offensive stat is a lvl 5 proficient knife user.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
His dodger is at parity with a weaponmaster skill stat, before factoring in that his rolls-to-dodge will be buffed by Focused! and by running a dual-wield quick attack + dodge away combat to also get the buff for an active manual defense. His poor weapon skill means fights would run long. Poor skill and long fights don't matter if defense is high enough (read 2 lvls higher than the attacker's skill). Bim's defense isn't. He also doesn't know their material type (metal = death). What's also interesting is the unknown size of the guardians. At high strength, Bim could run Kisat Dur's wrestling-oriented disarms if they are the same size as he is. If their clothing is large then the potential to get killed begins to spike, since it's doubtful he could succeed at dagger stabbing to disarm. So these are all the negatives.

Bladeblockade is nestled in a mountainous region...
…and the initial scout reveals the vault is half-surrounded by multiple z-levels. This can aid in visual stealth and speedy escapes. Zalis the Dented Flight is the dwarven goddess of death, fortresses and war. Usually the thing to say to a death god when you're not ready is "Not today," but since we're pretty close to the artifact arc rollout, Bim decides to pit his 3.4 sprint and the environment's multiple z-levels advantage versus the denizens of the vault. It's definitely stupid given all his disadvantages, but almost every run needs one reckless act to standout from all the hopefully more well-considered ones.

Bim peeks inside.
The Zalis's bipeds (lvl 6-11) themselves are dwarf sized feathery flesh and the EXTRAVISION Catastrophe is made of ash. I wonder if Bim's luck has run out, but as the archangel gives chase, it's clear Bim's sprint is more than enough, combined with the z-level changes. Bim zips eastward and then around the white wall, steering northwest into several z-level changes. When any NPC has no clear pathing option to your character, they return to their point of origin. The Catastrophe, having come out alone and being made of ash, could have been slain running a quick attack + dodge away combat, but it was more rangery to evade and escape.

Happy with the result. In Bim's case, I think tagging any vault denizens in his kill list would have made the run, pretty much an any adventure mode run. It's in keeping with being an explorer-ranger than he continues north toward his 2nd mountain peak.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14524 on: September 23, 2017, 08:33:23 am »

Currently just generating worlds until one of them allows me to play as a Rhinoman again. I miss my arrow-retardant hide.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14525 on: September 23, 2017, 03:10:16 pm »

Wait, rhinomen have that? Think I know what species my next adventurer is going to be.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14526 on: September 23, 2017, 09:09:20 pm »

Yes, most certainly. Arrows and bolts will typically not stick in you, usually just bouncing off and leaving bruises. And also if anyone is ever on the ground - step on their head and it will explode. In fact not just that, some of the few times they have stuck I have survived with arrows in my head and face and kept fighting.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:02:12 pm by gnome »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14527 on: September 27, 2017, 06:10:19 pm »

well finally gone and answer the question I had when adv building was added.
"can you build a giant bridge several z levels into the sky and have your dwarves embark on top of it?"

currently seems like a yes the game but also while it floating, it still supported by a single pillar as some how the game just collapses the floor if the area zone doesn't have any connection to the ground or the connection to the ground is some embark tiles away.
now probably going to move my adventurer into this spot and call this megaproject complete.

this took like about 24,000 logs to build and the open air gaps was where the game didn't load in adventure mode so I could not build there.
the process would have taken 6000+ hours to complete if i didn't recruit about 151 companions from local hilltops to help build this giant wooden ceiling.

what got me amused is that this kinda confirms the game loads your character/embark on the highest floor available.

also that any construction you do will still exist when you embark on top of it, but won't show up in the embark screen as a campsite unless you make zones and claim it. so I had to in a few tries embark on the spot where the stairs going to the bridge wasn't on the fort screen.

so for community games it possible to be sneaky and say build a giant wooden castle in the sky then just embark on top of it when it's your time.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14528 on: September 27, 2017, 06:24:41 pm »

well finally gone and answer the question I had when adv building was added.
"can you build a giant bridge several z levels into the sky and have your dwarves embark on top of it?"

currently seems like a yes the game but also while it floating, it still supported by a single pillar as some how the game just collapses the floor if the area zone doesn't have any connection to the ground or the connection to the ground is some embark tiles away.
now probably going to move my adventurer into this spot and call this megaproject complete.

this took like about 24,000 logs to build and the open air gaps was where the game didn't load in adventure mode so I could not build there.
the process would have taken 6000+ hours to complete if i didn't recruit about 151 companions from local hilltops to help build this giant wooden ceiling.

what got me amused is that this kinda confirms the game loads your character/embark on the highest floor available.

also that any construction you do will still exist when you embark on top of it, but won't show up in the embark screen as a campsite unless you make zones and claim it. so I had to in a few tries embark on the spot where the stairs going to the bridge wasn't on the fort screen.

so for community games it possible to be sneaky and say build a giant wooden castle in the sky then just embark on top of it when it's your time.

You mad freaking genius. Out of curiosity, are you just going to keep playing in this save?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14529 on: September 27, 2017, 06:53:12 pm »

Bim went wild boar hunting to prepare for the mountain climb. Boar when butchered yields 9 units of meat (18r weight) and 11 units of innards (11r weight). These 20 odd units were converted into 20 salted meat weighing 12r, a 17r drop.

In order to cook at the peak, he brought 3 gabbro rocks to make a firepit. A firepit weighs 14r, but the 3 rocks that comprise it weigh 5r a piece. Carrying a fully assembled firepit anywhere is like taking a fully decorated plastic Christmas tree out of a box. Narratively Bim opted to carry the 3 rocks in a blue peafowl leather bag.

Bim was also lugging 4 units of firewood at 1r per unit. He was still at 1.000 walking speed due to that old bug where there needs to be an offload, then a reload back into local travel, to correct encumbrance (in this case down) to what it should be (probably closer to 0.800).

The ascent to the summit of the Lone Peaks was gradual and the weather was initially hot. Bim removed his wool clothing from underneath the yak/horse/reindeer leather which he uses as a shell. He hasn't worn armor in a good while. The only critters about were kingsnakes and peregrine falcons. Were it not for the boar meat, he'd be stuck eating snake.

The sun was about to go down as he reached the top and the temperature grew cool.
He capped the day off by eating a meal of 2 units boiled meat, 1 unit llama cheese, and 1 unit of fermented tea. He milled about for a bit before becoming drowsy.

From here, he'll move northeast, heading for any elven civ with goblin civ overlap, looking for Äïmeiyathi, "Cherishbasins", a forest retreat. That's where he'll find Os Hexlies the Plague of Thieves, the purple monster. There, arrow volleys should bring this this run to its conclusion. If there was more time before the artifact release, I'd probably want to get Bim cursed by a mummy, and have him either fall to the curse's RNG roll, or death by starvation. Either seem to be suitable deaths for an explorer/archer-ranger character.

Retiring to a settlement of some sort doesn't make sense for an inveterate wanderer.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14530 on: September 27, 2017, 07:17:32 pm »

Went into my oldest fort on the save, and decided to check out what the lower caverns were like right now... Killed some weak creatures, explored for a bit, found my broker and failed to give him free gifts somehow... Walked up to the cave dragon, asked the god of war how he was feeling, then charged the dragon. He scratched my shield arm off... Then scratched me in half. I think I got my answer.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14531 on: September 28, 2017, 01:59:24 am »

This cyclop got iron pick from me, and this is his unexcepted response for my greetings. That's kinda nice.
I leave him alive for that.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14532 on: September 28, 2017, 03:34:42 am »

Never seen the "you can't bargain your way out of this" line.

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14533 on: September 28, 2017, 04:00:30 am »

I'm using 2 mods.
Adventurer Fort and one I don't remember (it's increasing difficulity of this game).
I don't know if it's from one of this mod or in vanilla game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14534 on: September 28, 2017, 04:28:44 am »

snip

You mad freaking genius. Out of curiosity, are you just going to keep playing in this save?
uhh not really it probably leads to needing to move a goblin character to the fort and pretty much boring twiddling my fingers in fort mode, and probably testing to see if guests for forts either enter from the top or the bottom. I'm just glad I proved fort mode can handle constructions that are built there prior. overall the world was made for that megaproject and kinda completed.
also the fort can't build past the top and I had an idea about tackling that differently but uhh that's a different more dfhacky project that probably something dabbling with infinitesky which basically a fort mode plugin.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 967 968 [969] 970 971 ... 1104