Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 970 971 [972] 973 974 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994748 times)

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14565 on: October 16, 2017, 06:54:04 am »

Just got thrown approximately 10 tiles by a bronze colossus. Do not allow yourself to be grabbed by those things

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #14566 on: October 16, 2017, 10:12:19 am »

I'm wondering if this makes me evil or not.

See also 'mermaid genocide.'

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #14567 on: October 16, 2017, 12:39:21 pm »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14568 on: October 17, 2017, 07:33:40 pm »

My newest adventurer is a porcupine man and I'm gonna gather a party of just animal people. I will be the messiah that frees them from the oppression and tyranny of the humanoid races.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14569 on: October 17, 2017, 09:00:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
New dogman adventurer likes making egotistical figurines of himself.

My newest adventurer is a porcupine man and I'm gonna gather a party of just animal people. I will be the messiah that frees them from the oppression and tyranny of the humanoid races.

Recruiting animal people, like, from the wild? The only way I can think of is gm-editoring their profession to something military, recruiting, then changing it back.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14570 on: October 17, 2017, 09:06:37 pm »

Also, friendly goblin ambush. Changed a goblin's values for shits and giggles.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:08:34 pm by KittyTac »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14571 on: October 17, 2017, 09:10:41 pm »

Recruiting animal people, like, from the wild? The only way I can think of is gm-editoring their profession to something military, recruiting, then changing it back.

Naaww just hoping I'll be able to run into enough civilized ones. Didn't say it would be easy or non time-consuming XD.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14572 on: October 17, 2017, 09:15:39 pm »

Naaww just hoping I'll be able to run into enough civilized ones. Didn't say it would be easy or non time-consuming XD.

Also, animal people are weird. They just stand there and ramble on how they, ahem, attacked me.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14573 on: October 17, 2017, 09:57:43 pm »

Also, starting an animalman adventurer, ran away into the wild, I want to gm-editor recruit some wild animalmen, then stage an uprising.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14574 on: October 18, 2017, 07:10:56 am »

Trying to kill this bronze colossus with metal bolts (spellcraft mod) and a hammer (though my character is a swordsman so I'm not too proficient). I brought along a hammerman buddy too and taught him the same spells I was using so we could both deal significant damage to him (instead of just using my companion as a distraction like I usually do) - I was sooo close to beating him and then I slipped up - I saw he was attacking with a grab and I went to swing - he caught my hammer midair, ripped it out of my hands, and then beat me to death with it.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14575 on: October 18, 2017, 08:35:59 am »

Started another adventurer in a large world. Is it possible to bring animal people into civilization and have them intergrate?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14576 on: October 18, 2017, 09:11:51 am »

I love reading up on legends entries of people I killed.

I was exploring the various camps around my home civ as a Zandalari Troll - I stumbled across one that had the last, remaining normal human in the world. An old woman by the name of Nithim Reignedshowers.

While she obviously didn't put up much of a fight - not surprising, given her advanced age and lack of combat experience - it did make me curious enough to look up who the last human was.

She was just a common ranger, at the time her civilization, the Unions of Clearing, was attacked by the Zandalari of the Incineration of Taxing. As a seven year old girl she was attacked by a giant saurian sage - she survived, but clearly the experience scarred her.

After the war wiped out most of the Unions of Clearing, she was taken in as a slave by the Zandalari as some kind of sick novelty. During this time, she became obsessed with her own mortality and began worshipping Lipi, the human deity of plants, charity, sacrifice and generosity; perhaps that was due to the situation reminding her of the saurian sage attack she experienced as a little girl. She eventually escaped and took refuge in the wilderness, only taking some basic supplies and armor.

I'd imagine the whole ordeal was even worse when considering that some of the humans fought on the side of the Zandalari, even rising to noble positions - the most prolific traitor being Moto Singeglittered, who even began worshipping the deities of the Trolls.

I imagine as my adventurer walked into her camp, Nithim just sat there, seeing as the Zandalari sent someone to finish the job, and drifted away as my adventurer strangled her to death.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14577 on: October 18, 2017, 09:37:32 am »

Systematically undressing random farmers to provide clothes for my future animalperson upliftees. I may make an entire town for them, even. If I fix the crashes when designating meadhalls.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14578 on: October 18, 2017, 10:26:30 am »

On that note - is there anywhere I can find fitting clothes for a rhinoman? All I can find it *small* sized clothing everywhere I go. Human towns, dwarven establishments - is there anywhere that larger clothing is made? (I accidentally burned my clothes)

Just got ambushed out of fast travel by this in the middle of a city. And I apparently entered the map ontop of a roof. So I'm now going to battle a dragon while naked on a rooftop. Wish me luck!

Update: that was underwhelming. It didn't even breathe fire. According to the description a cave dragon is not even a real dragon - interesting.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:45:39 am by gnome »

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #14579 on: October 18, 2017, 11:45:27 am »

Recruiting animal people, like, from the wild? The only way I can think of is gm-editoring their profession to something military, recruiting, then changing it back
You can entice wild intelligent creatures as just about anyone else: by bragging about past acts, and/or through a performance.

On that note - is there anywhere I can find fitting clothes for a rhinoman? All I can find it *small* sized clothing everywhere I go. Human towns, dwarven establishments - is there anywhere that larger clothing is made? (I accidentally burned my clothes)
Very unlikely. You'll either have to find a civilized rhinoman, or spare clothing from a civilized site that hosts rhinomen.
Pages: 1 ... 970 971 [972] 973 974 ... 1103