Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994837 times)

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14580 on: October 18, 2017, 11:47:47 am »

My newest adventurer is a porcupine man and I'm gonna gather a party of just animal people. I will be the messiah that frees them from the oppression and tyranny of the humanoid races.

Recruiting animal people, like, from the wild? The only way I can think of is gm-editoring their profession to something military, recruiting, then changing it back
You can entice wild intelligent creatures as just about anyone else: by bragging about past acts, and/or through a performance.

On that note - is there anywhere I can find fitting clothes for a rhinoman? All I can find it *small* sized clothing everywhere I go. Human towns, dwarven establishments - is there anywhere that larger clothing is made? (I accidentally burned my clothes)
Very unlikely. You'll either have to find a civilized rhinoman, or spare clothing from a civilized site that hosts rhinomen.

Sounds like a massive roll of the dice. Guess I'm adventuring naked then. Ah well.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14581 on: October 18, 2017, 06:44:16 pm »

@gnome: Cave dragons can't breathe fire, although I think they still have an immunity to it.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14582 on: October 18, 2017, 08:39:57 pm »

My newest adventurer is a porcupine man and I'm gonna gather a party of just animal people. I will be the messiah that frees them from the oppression and tyranny of the humanoid races.

Recruiting animal people, like, from the wild? The only way I can think of is gm-editoring their profession to something military, recruiting, then changing it back
You can entice wild intelligent creatures as just about anyone else: by bragging about past acts, and/or through a performance.

On that note - is there anywhere I can find fitting clothes for a rhinoman? All I can find it *small* sized clothing everywhere I go. Human towns, dwarven establishments - is there anywhere that larger clothing is made? (I accidentally burned my clothes)
Very unlikely. You'll either have to find a civilized rhinoman, or spare clothing from a civilized site that hosts rhinomen.

WOW good! I actually started with the "Speaker" Skill! Thanks for a nonhacky way of doing it!
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14583 on: October 18, 2017, 10:34:04 pm »

Grinding wrestling on an unconscious raven...

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14584 on: October 19, 2017, 02:58:42 am »

Buying new clothes because the raven woke up.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14585 on: October 19, 2017, 05:50:40 am »

you could just mod in an interaction that boost their adventure seeking trait and adds can speak and can learn, the combination makes it so that they would be willing to join you and the can speak and can learn adds the access to talking animals to control.

you might want to figure out away to make it something only you the player can do or you end up with loads of folks getting the can speak skill and have it spread like an infection.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14586 on: October 19, 2017, 06:18:23 am »

you could just mod in an interaction that boost their adventure seeking trait and adds can speak and can learn, the combination makes it so that they would be willing to join you and the can speak and can learn adds the access to talking animals to control.

you might want to figure out away to make it something only you the player can do or you end up with loads of folks getting the can speak skill and have it spread like an infection.

I want animal people, not random animals. But that would be a cool mod.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14587 on: October 19, 2017, 06:40:23 am »

Got ambushed by a giant alligator and torn apart. Oh well.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14588 on: October 19, 2017, 10:06:39 am »

it works on everyone* so you get animal people, random animals, angels(?), the weird animal people that are extremely tall and worshiped by goblins,
*small chance of adv companion cap**, duty bound folks, the dangerous beast descriptor, past hostile acts may cause the person your trying to convince to change their mind and drop the agreement.

** this can be bypass by having a zoo/hotel to stuff your animalmen companions in with the wait command, you can even designate small rooms to house them. though if you want fish animal men to live in your camp you probably need to make a shallow pool of water that allows the game to spawn them in the zone while not cause them to air drown due to not enough water.
"body swapping and YOU!"

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14589 on: October 19, 2017, 09:26:04 pm »

it works on everyone* so you get animal people, random animals, angels(?), the weird animal people that are extremely tall and worshiped by goblins,
*small chance of adv companion cap**, duty bound folks, the dangerous beast descriptor, past hostile acts may cause the person your trying to convince to change their mind and drop the agreement.

** this can be bypass by having a zoo/hotel to stuff your animalmen companions in with the wait command, you can even designate small rooms to house them. though if you want fish animal men to live in your camp you probably need to make a shallow pool of water that allows the game to spawn them in the zone while not cause them to air drown due to not enough water.

Competent Speaker is enough to convince pretty much anyone to join you and doesn't take too much skill points. Naaaah.

Hired Goons

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14590 on: October 19, 2017, 09:57:31 pm »

I just spawned in a "human" hamlet and there's fighting: The goblin poet Strodno Prowlerdooms is upset at the local goblin lady Ngokang Seducedbridle, and was whacking her with a book called At One With The Author. Another poet Smunstu Whipseduced claims she attacked him (but doesn't know Strodno apparently).

I can only assume she just outlawed poetry in the town :D

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14591 on: October 20, 2017, 08:33:14 am »

so that probably the goblin's hostile to neutral civ traits popping up. this often leads to bloodbaths in public areas where the bard and scholars goblins quickly realize none of the folks in the area are loyal to their civ.
probably lead to more bloodshed if you slap that ethic on everyone.
"body swapping and YOU!"

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14592 on: October 21, 2017, 02:03:34 am »

New adventurer FINALLY found some animal men. Three snapping turtles. Gotta buy some clothes. What happens if I release them in a town? Do they settle there? EDIT: They started fighting, so I retired, checking legends. Nothing special... Maybe if I enter that building.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 02:31:26 am by KittyTac »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14593 on: October 22, 2017, 08:31:56 pm »

The human civ I'm currently playing in must be a very progressive one, because they apparently considered it worth their time to erect in one of their catacombs a tomb and memorial slab for a kobold of all things.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14594 on: October 23, 2017, 01:17:51 pm »

Remember the kobold's name, look it up in legends mode, then tell us what the kobold did to get a slab.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 1103