Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2013985 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14610 on: October 26, 2017, 06:49:18 am »

Yeah, I've fought mummy kobolds before. Apparently, the kobold was the law maker of the town, before he died.

AH! I get what happened. Also law makers are not town nobility...they are the human monarchs (yes)
Basically when a human civilization get destroyed, kobolds come and look for shinies. When the monarch is dead and every human of the civ is dead, it's replaced by inhabitants of the town, who are, well, kobolds looking for shinies.

Basically the kobold went full "wow a monarch title left unattended! grabitty grab" and bam, king. Apparently the human respected that boldness of character

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14611 on: October 26, 2017, 06:59:56 am »

Reminds me literally of Kobold Quest. It was good.

I couldnt start an adventure in the civ i wanted so i had to make a fort for them first, but now i can play around with my cool new gear and assess how OP it really is. This will be fun and full of blood and guts
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14612 on: October 27, 2017, 10:10:21 pm »

Well got around to finishing up a script made for spawning a new dialog option for adventure mode, and began exploring the rare situational talk options the game gives you. in a hope to find more cool stuff to do.
ended up getting the adventurer adopted

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14613 on: October 27, 2017, 10:14:08 pm »

Well got around to finishing up a script made for spawning a new dialog option for adventure mode, and began exploring the rare situational talk options the game gives you. in a hope to find more cool stuff to do.
ended up getting the adventurer adopted

What then happened?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14614 on: October 27, 2017, 11:00:28 pm »

absolutely nothing, it seems like it's either I'm missing a piece of the script that would done something or this was left over script.
this did eventually made me discover anon_2 in the talk choice. choice section is for historical ids.
so the adventurer could banish or bind someone and not have the text reference the historical figure at 0.
though I'm probably going to dive through this a bit more.

also learn that folks who have the dream to raise a family will agree to adopting who ever you tell them to adopt.
and now I wonder if it's possible for an adventurer to get adopted into a royal family line.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14615 on: October 28, 2017, 10:56:31 am »

its been a while since i last replied, but im exploring the caverns in the new world i made that has only one civ, and i managed to get to the second layer by finding the underground passage this time, so I've been exploring the underground, I enjoy "underground" runs because it really keeps you on your toes as you explore the darkness below the fairly normal above ground world.

My companions are 2 drunks, i had a gorlak travelling with me but unfortunately he died by a bat and i held a "funeral" for him, and its so interesting to me with the caves and such
EDIT:One of my dwarf companions died from a Jabberer, so i held a funeral for him, which consisted of figurines and items made from the jabberer i killed and placing a campfire next to his body
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 12:32:49 pm by Nep Nep »
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #14616 on: November 04, 2017, 08:52:12 pm »

I just walked into a tomb and got assaulted by the mummy. Thanks to my stunning array of tactical skills, namely 'run while your companions deal with it,' I and my companions got away alive. After it was killed, they followed me to the level where I was hiding, and Aspka died from a weapon trap. A few minutes later, Ecod made the comment that "you must never forget true loyalty. Repay it in full."

THIS IS NOT THE TIME, ECOD.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 08:17:07 pm by Eschar »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14617 on: November 07, 2017, 04:29:18 pm »

Adventuring in a wonderful new world. Started my first adventure as a dwarf, in a city around mid latitude. Hired a couple elves out of the keep and killed a bunch of bandits. Eventually went to investigate a tower nearby, and learned it was inhabited by fire summoners. I didnt get the chance to grab the slab before one of them summoned a fire man, which promptly set me and my companion on fire. I managed to kill it and toss away our burning clothes before either of us started melting, but then as we were running away into the forest another fire man appeared in the doorway and set us all ablaze again. This time we werent the least bit lucky, and though i killed it and jumped in a pool quickly i died of blood loss.

Second adventure started as a wizard, and but only in an abandoned cave far from civilization. I survived bogeymen by making camps, and found a hamlet inhabited by bandits. Got one of them to join me, and in a city a ways to the north of there he was killed by a patrol that decided to mug us.

I fled successfully and returned to the wilderness, where my killing of an echidna (the monstery snakey type, not adorable little pokey hamsters) gained me favor with a bunch of gnolls and some hamster people, who have become my companions. We built a little hovel in the desert and travelled to human lands looking for work. The gnolls had to remain behind after i found out humans immediately try to kill them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14618 on: November 07, 2017, 06:05:19 pm »

Well poke around 'the giving up your power to rule' dialog option to discover you can assign ownership of any site and profession to the one your talking too. Which lead to playing a run where I have an adventurer name kib who convinced a siren (deon's the fall mod creature part bird part fish monster lady) that they're queen of my civ.
Also notice you can take away other folks professions as well. So I don't know I usurp a king or gave them a queen doing this?
She went around being called the skinny queen until a bunch of bearbeasts attack and she killed one,
earning the name Swordstop.
"body swapping and YOU!"

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14619 on: November 07, 2017, 10:12:53 pm »

Generating a world with east and west poles rather than north and south. Don't ask, sometimes I get weird ideas just for the sake of novelty.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14620 on: November 07, 2017, 10:32:14 pm »

Wait, can the game even do that?
I make Spellcrafts!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14621 on: November 07, 2017, 11:42:39 pm »

Sort of. If you put the minimum temperature to -200 or so in advanced parameters, from my experience there will usually be ice caps to the extreme east and west sides of the world (it might only work if you still have north and/or south poles though).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:45:55 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14622 on: November 07, 2017, 11:52:38 pm »

Fairly easy if you use perfect world.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14623 on: November 08, 2017, 12:22:08 am »

Huh. My latest world somehow has a kobold tavern keeper...in a human civ. Is that supposed to happen?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think the town was pillaged by a megabeast and overrun by kobolds in the years following. Just going off of legends here. Still gonna visit that tavern and see if I can order a drink from it though. XD
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 12:26:03 am by PlumpHelmetMan »

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #14624 on: November 08, 2017, 09:54:33 am »

I think the town was pillaged by a megabeast and overrun by kobolds in the years following.
That seems right, shame that kobolds don't have a proper language otherwise that would be a really cool town.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?
Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 1103