Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 974 975 [976] 977 978 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2020854 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14625 on: November 10, 2017, 06:56:31 am »

Well now this some how possible in DF on it's own.
So this baby was the result of one of the noble elves that just birth this baby and left in the 2 weeks of retirement and returning to adventure mode.
the fort is run by crooked men in deon's the fall mod.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14626 on: November 10, 2017, 04:07:26 pm »

Hes obviously using body language and baby noises. Very sophisticated.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14627 on: November 10, 2017, 05:14:40 pm »

*elf baby babbles infant gibberish while wordlessly acting out the story in detail*
*Random dwarf in the audience sniffs the air*
Dwarf: This storyteller needs a diaper change.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #14628 on: November 10, 2017, 06:01:37 pm »

It's obvious that, unlike other races, the elves use political history as the subject of their nursery rhymes.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14629 on: November 10, 2017, 06:15:04 pm »

Sounds pretty classically elf to me.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14630 on: November 10, 2017, 07:41:31 pm »

Yonder post it art, it art the best art

Spoiler: On elf poetry (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14631 on: November 10, 2017, 08:42:11 pm »

Great job! Monocles make everything funnier, it's a scientifically-proven fact.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14632 on: November 10, 2017, 08:50:18 pm »

Gonna say while this is true,
the elf baby was doing the performance wearing this.

So a bunch of mutated beings were mocking an elf baby wearing a gasmask.
Overall she did confirm I could probably set up a metal farming system by stripping the guests metal gloves and gauntlets, as the game seem to restock npcs. Wonder if it's possible to make a mod where the civ steals the rare material they need off the backs of the guests that arrive?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Numeroid

• Bay Watcher
  • Back after a long hiatus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14633 on: November 13, 2017, 12:45:33 pm »

Just made a new adventurer. Dwarf, a hearthperson to a human lady. Naturally, I asked about any troubles, ready to seek my claim to fame through adventure. I was told this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So off I went to hunt down this "force of evil". I traveled to a nearby dwarven hillock, asked for a plump helmet man and was directed to the east. Encouraged by the ease of this quest, I walk into the hillock with my companions in tow, spot the plump helmet man and... he's the mayor. Upon closer inspection, it's not even the right plump helmet man. Whoops. Glad I didn't just chop his head off. Turns out, I walked into the wrong settlement to begin with! The one I was aiming for was south of this one. Not to be deterred, I sought out the correct "force of evil" this time. Again asking for directions, I was directed to a hillock nearby. "Gee, this sounds familiar." Once more, I entered the hillock, looked around, and found my target. I walked brazenly up to this monster and... he's also the mayor.

I think I've learned a lot today. Namely, the lady who sent me on this quest must simply be prejudiced. Further, plump helmet men do very well in dwarven elections.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #14634 on: November 13, 2017, 02:11:29 pm »

I assume if you can convince a lot of bearded drunkards not to brew you up without talking, you surely have what it takes to be a successful politician. I assume this is natural selection we're witnessing

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14635 on: November 13, 2017, 02:14:24 pm »

Just made a new adventurer. Dwarf, a hearthperson to a human lady. Naturally, I asked about any troubles, ready to seek my claim to fame through adventure. I was told this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So off I went to hunt down this "force of evil". I traveled to a nearby dwarven hillock, asked for a plump helmet man and was directed to the east. Encouraged by the ease of this quest, I walk into the hillock with my companions in tow, spot the plump helmet man and... he's the mayor. Upon closer inspection, it's not even the right plump helmet man. Whoops. Glad I didn't just chop his head off. Turns out, I walked into the wrong settlement to begin with! The one I was aiming for was south of this one. Not to be deterred, I sought out the correct "force of evil" this time. Again asking for directions, I was directed to a hillock nearby. "Gee, this sounds familiar." Once more, I entered the hillock, looked around, and found my target. I walked brazenly up to this monster and... he's also the mayor.

I think I've learned a lot today. Namely, the lady who sent me on this quest must simply be prejudiced. Further, plump helmet men do very well in dwarven elections.

Can you imagine that as a DnD quest?

"Go find the evil mushroom man who is infecting the citizens in the east."

arrive at dwarven hill to see a mushrrom with a staff and robe ambling around among the dwarves.

"Beware citizens, that mushroom is dangerous!"

"Dangerous, he's our mayor."

"He's tricked you with his evil mushroom spores."

"We elected him, he beat Urist."

also.... if I'm not msitaken, plump helmet men, can't see, hear or speak... maybe they can hear, but I'm pretty sure they can't see or speak.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #14636 on: November 13, 2017, 02:26:56 pm »

>All the candidates are involved into money laundring, sex scandals, impossible mandates and selling perfectly servicable metal to elves
>All dwarves want to vote for a third party candidates
>There's no third party candidate
>But hey there's a mushroom over there

Dwarves are the most ironically wise creatures ever

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #14637 on: November 13, 2017, 02:55:37 pm »

but I'm pretty sure they can't see or speak.

they can't speak, and they don't have eyes for sight but they have extravision so I'm gonna say they can hear (even though its not specified what extravision is, I imagine its hearing/feeling/smell/taste)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14638 on: November 13, 2017, 02:56:39 pm »

THE MANCHURIAN MUSHROOM

The plot: Urist McManchuria promotes a plump helmet man for Mayor in the hopes that he can use him as a puppet to control the local government. He runs under the "This Thing for Mayor" slogan, and passes out free socks.

The result: Plump Helmet wins, but cannot take instructions as he cannot hear or speak. Urist McManchuria throws up his hands in exasperation set to ironic trombone music. Credits roll.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14639 on: November 13, 2017, 07:00:03 pm »

so in a bid to screwing around fort mode, I tried packing up and moving the whole site to somewhere else.
having swap to adventure mode and hunt down where the site could had ended up.
what I found shocked me.
the game seem to keep the site intact given i only mess around with the X and Y axis of the site and not the Z. which ended up loading a fort several zlevels into the ground.
so it possible to save a fort then paste a fort into a different save.
though doing so would end up needing a way to save units and items to do so.

edit: uhh the surrounding walls were tied to aquifers and poking a hole into them cause a leak during a process of jumping back into fort mode, which suddenly disappeared when the game remember the fort was 1x1, which some how lead to guests to wander in, which was really weird given the whole the whole fort is 15 z levels deep into a pit yet folks are walking into the place like their walking through walls.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:41:17 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 974 975 [976] 977 978 ... 1104