Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 975 976 [977] 978 979 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994683 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14640 on: November 13, 2017, 08:21:28 pm »

Rumrusher, your shenanigans never cease to amaze.

Numeroid

• Bay Watcher
  • Back after a long hiatus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14641 on: November 13, 2017, 08:23:01 pm »

So I did a quick painting of a plump helmet man mayor from my previous post:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Couldn't help but imagine what his slogans would be (if he could talk.);

PLUMP 1016: Make The Fortress Great Again

"There's an old joke: 'How do you know when a politician is lying? When his lips are moving.' I haven't even got lips."

"Vote for me and I'll legalize shrooms."

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #14642 on: November 14, 2017, 05:32:53 am »

"We're going to build a wall and make the goblins pay for it"
"We're going to drain the swamp. With pump stacks."
"Nobody understand moods better than I do"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14643 on: November 14, 2017, 03:14:34 pm »

[mayoral mushroom noises]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14644 on: November 14, 2017, 05:33:18 pm »

spent some time dabbling into army finding and found a good middleground on a script that shows the adventure's and another army that is on top of the adventurer's for poking around how * tick.

ended up crashing the game twice digging around this code, and ended up realizing army commander type for companions waiting is 10 while army commander type for waiting to invade a place is 7 or 5?
slowly working on sending folks out to attack towns, to later swoop in and recruit everyone then send those folks out to raid others.
the issue is figuring out how to create the rumor of an attack happening in town that needs to send folks for rescue.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #14645 on: November 15, 2017, 05:20:19 am »

...You are making sending squads off the map in 43.05?(Or separate squads as adventurer? Didn't get)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14646 on: November 15, 2017, 07:16:39 am »

...You are making sending squads off the map in 43.05?(Or separate squads as adventurer? Didn't get)
telling companions to wait, then using dfhack to order them to do stuff in the travel screen.
so far it more discovering what does the army controller stuff do, than any concrete setup.
also heavily crash prone stuff so causally poking into this is a tad hard to do.

edit: so poking around adventurer camp sites I discovered one of my old scripts that adds all historical entities work well on newly form civs from camps
thus the game could allow the player to start a fort from the camp civ they made.

the only downside is the civ the adventurer makes is extremely barebones and the folks that embark from there start with only 3 wood from the wagon and nothing else, combine with the lack of nobles and military.
So kinda a challenge to build up a fort from scratch, and dependent on guests to wander by for armor, tools, and a helping hand taking care of the wildlife. oh and praying an axeperson wanders by your barebones tavern so you can take their axe and use it to chop wood.

didn't get my adventurer to pop up into the fort but I guess that more of a "noble has arrive" event. hopefully this doesn't end with a crash.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:46:07 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

4powerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14647 on: November 16, 2017, 10:55:01 pm »

Adventuring in a wonderful new world. Started my first adventure as a dwarf, in a city around mid latitude. Hired a couple elves out of the keep and killed a bunch of bandits. Eventually went to investigate a tower nearby, and learned it was inhabited by fire summoners. I didnt get the chance to grab the slab before one of them summoned a fire man, which promptly set me and my companion on fire. I managed to kill it and toss away our burning clothes before either of us started melting, but then as we were running away into the forest another fire man appeared in the doorway and set us all ablaze again. This time we werent the least bit lucky, and though i killed it and jumped in a pool quickly i died of blood loss.

Second adventure started as a wizard, and but only in an abandoned cave far from civilization. I survived bogeymen by making camps, and found a hamlet inhabited by bandits. Got one of them to join me, and in a city a ways to the north of there he was killed by a patrol that decided to mug us.

I fled successfully and returned to the wilderness, where my killing of an echidna (the monstery snakey type, not adorable little pokey hamsters) gained me favor with a bunch of gnolls and some hamster people, who have become my companions. We built a little hovel in the desert and travelled to human lands looking for work. The gnolls had to remain behind after i found out humans immediately try to kill them.
Never heard of or seen fire summonrs or "Wizards" mod?
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
don't walk past the unoccupied beds to sleep on the floor and then complain about it

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14648 on: November 17, 2017, 05:24:56 am »

Its a mod, yes.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #14649 on: November 18, 2017, 07:33:01 pm »

I just found a mountain titan that shoots fireballs. I found that I could only evade them by jumping, which I did until I was far enough away to fast-travel.
Upon stopping, I found that my companion, who had engaged the titan in battle, had come with me.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14650 on: November 19, 2017, 05:08:44 am »

Fireballs are real annoying in that regard, similarly to webs - for some reason they cannot be blocked at all.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #14651 on: November 19, 2017, 03:51:38 pm »

Oh, and the titan's fire breath showed up as 'fire' on the k-menu, but it was the golden color of dragonfire.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14652 on: November 19, 2017, 07:37:58 pm »

At least the game gives you web immune spiders to play as, there no vanilla fire immune creature to play in adventure mode.

so in a massive experiemnt on the playing as the Adv camp civ for fort mode I learn a good lesson, in making sure your adventurer won't starve to death before retiring.
as chances are if the fort has no booze the adventurer will sit there and die on their own.

Which might make testing to see what would happen "if you embark on top of the old campsite would the adventurer be playable?"
Ended up getting a new ruler of the camp when I discovered my adventurer's corpse on the fort and the game changed one of my citizens to a noble.
overall what I got out of this is learning how to manipulate labors with dfhack.

edit: well the new update is here. rolled a spider in hopes to see if toady change the bogeymen behaviors in any way.
so far they are still non hostile to you just now they lost the ability to comment on your performances. they will join you in musical number and performing just go silent while your performing or... well you get
Code: [Select]
bogeyman : during the whole performance.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 04:00:32 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14653 on: November 23, 2017, 04:44:23 am »

Trying the new version, got an artifact quest, and was promptly killed in an ambush by a very aggressive dwarf vampire.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #14654 on: November 23, 2017, 05:38:18 am »

I was ordered to kill a howling beast in a lair a few days away. So I tread through the snow and reach the location. All I find is a naked peasant screaming at me about my weapon. I accuse him of being a demon and he just calls me insane and starts running away. So I air-decapitate him like the good anime character is supposed to. Get back to the lady, tell her about the peasant I killed and yet no one believes me he was the beast. What.
Pages: 1 ... 975 976 [977] 978 979 ... 1103