Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 995 996 [997] 998 999 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2019511 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14940 on: January 24, 2018, 05:13:13 pm »

I'm wondering what this is related to, I don't recall seeing it either. Night troll/vampire/necromancer perhaps?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #14941 on: January 24, 2018, 05:49:28 pm »

I hadn't seen this one before.  Not sure what the significance of it might be.
I assume you're playing vanilla, so it means they were turned into a night creature spouse. The message pops up whenever a creature is permanently transformed into another.

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14942 on: January 25, 2018, 12:55:22 am »

Ah that makes sense, if they're a night creature spouse then they'd be sad talking about their old family.  I'm playing with spellcraft and adventurecraft actually and this character had been turned into a faun for profaning a temple.

Murderkill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14943 on: January 25, 2018, 02:27:17 pm »

I found a mountain titan. It's made entirely of coral. I can't kill it.
It just keeps chipping when I hit it...
I name all my adventurers Daven.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14944 on: January 25, 2018, 05:15:21 pm »

I have so many artifacts. Like 30. Dear lord. And I'm still killing semi-megas for their artifacts and leading people off into the wilderness to rob them. I can hardly move. And this is nothing compared to the stashes I passed up at the dwarven capitals.

I should probably go home and drop these off or something.

Keep chipping and hope it runs out of body before you run out of chip.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14945 on: January 26, 2018, 07:45:52 am »

I have so many artifacts. Like 30. Dear lord. And I'm still killing semi-megas for their artifacts and leading people off into the wilderness to rob them. I can hardly move. And this is nothing compared to the stashes I passed up at the dwarven capitals.

I should probably go home and drop these off or something.

Keep chipping and hope it runs out of body before you run out of chip.
finding out that you can Transfer an Artifacts name over to a new item mods lead to an idea of Mass creation of one Artifact and trading them for value... or making an adventure reaction to Convert all other artifacts to hold The one name.
or making 1 name item then transfer the artifact title onto an armor set.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14946 on: January 26, 2018, 05:09:10 pm »

I finally made it home, after a huge circular journey of almost two months. I gave all my artifacts to my lady, who I am trying to woo. This is the same lady that had almost her whole family eaten by giant jaguars. Now I'm going to go raid a kobold cave I passed.

Bortness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14947 on: January 27, 2018, 10:26:36 am »

My adventurer found and killed a vampire which had been terrorizing his civ.  After the battle, covered in the vamp's blood, he thought it would be hardcore to drink the blood of his enemy off of himself.

Oops.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14948 on: January 27, 2018, 10:52:27 am »

My adventurer found and killed a vampire which had been terrorizing his civ.  After the battle, covered in the vamp's blood, he thought it would be hardcore to drink the blood of his enemy off of himself.

Oops.

Now you can never tire! Just beat some animals to unconsciousness to quench your thirst.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

daggaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14949 on: January 27, 2018, 06:21:31 pm »

I walked around to two dozen hamlets and sorted through, literally, thousands of fucking random garbage items to deck myself out in the best possible gear I could find.  Every hamlet is more or less the same, and they all overproduce the same garbage. 

After that, I spent an hour swimming under a bridge.  This time, I managed to avoid insta-death by not being instantly and without warning encased in ice at nightfall. 

Then I spent a couple more hours training basic defensive skills.  The vast majority of this time was spent just looking for weak enough animals to molest, until I found out you can wrestle fish.  Yeah.  Just be careful you don't get encased in ice....

Now I wasn't even legendary (except in observer, which I maxed out at character creation) but my stats were already superhuman and most of my novice skills were at professional or better from all the fish slapping and chicken chasing, so I found a few buddies and asked for a quest.

Went out to a bandit camp, murdered a few guys who begged for their lives.  It was unbelievably easy despite having no actual weapon skills.  Copper morningstars are seriously OP.  Butchered those guys and went back to the Lord, he didnt seem like he cared less.  But I realized that I had about a zillion freaking quests from overhearing conversations, which reminded me of the earlier issue with overproduced garbage items...   It also turns out, EVERY hamlet offers the exact same kind of quests.

Walked around doing a few more, got insanely bored.  Everything is the same, there is too much of everything, the entire system is designed around maximum tedium, and to beat it all, you are forced to play this way because if you screw up and get caught outside at night without going thru this mess, you are definitely going to die.

Hanging up my alpha hat for now, until this game becomes a game.  Right now, it's simply awful.  I far more prefer fortress mode, despite it having serious issues as well. 

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14950 on: January 29, 2018, 08:06:41 pm »

Started a new adventure and set out to overcome the local bandit presence. I visited their camp, chatted with a wrestler, and then spent the night in the neighboring hamlet. But this swordsman from the camp that I'd run into in the wilderness insisted on keeping me from sleeping. So I went outside and killed him. Then another one, a maceman, was keeping me awake. So I went outside and dismembered her. She is now a quadriplegic with no functioning limbs. Yet she still tries to wriggle up and bite me. So I beat her unconscious whenever I can. I went back to the camp and had another chat with the leader, told him I killed his one friend and beat up the other. He calls me a murderer, so I end the conversation, sneak around the tree behind him, and slit his throat. We then have a brief conversation about how horrible I am before he bleeds out.

Then I spoke to each of his lieutenants, claimed the camp in my name, and convinced each of them to become my hearthpersons. One of them decided he didnt like this and became the new "master" of the bandit gang (that maceman was still out there in the village wiggling around in the mud so I guess it still technically existed?) and I beat the shit out of him multiple times. He refuses to pay homage to me as rightful ruler of this camp and overall superior to him. There can be no new master, none except the lady Alagos

Oh, and I ran into a dwarf in the woods that was stark raving mad, so I put the poor sod down.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Morning_Oak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14951 on: January 30, 2018, 05:07:10 am »

Just spent a good part the day modding 13 races (2 of each vanilla race plus 2 orcs and a dwarf race with minotaur horns). I'm using them in conjunction with the Spellcrafts mod to really crank up the fun. Had a ton of a fun when all the bugs were worked out getting a group together with an orc and a steppe dwarf (my horned dwarf race) buddy and chasing down a fire mage. He spawned a few too many fire elementals and I barely ran without being charred, only to stumble upon a group orcs and humans returning to one their nearby pits. My squad killed 10 of them and chased them down to the depths of their pits, but alas my foot was punched into gore, causing me to fall down a ramp and get stabbed to death shortly after.

In other words it worked great!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14952 on: January 31, 2018, 04:13:52 pm »

how he spawning fire elementals :[]
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14953 on: January 31, 2018, 04:59:55 pm »

reanimation-transformation interactions! It's incredibly fun.

I left my camp and travelled north. I visited a cave that was supposed to be home to an ettin or something, but found only troglodytes. Interestingly all the trogs I talked to became historical figures and decided to start roaming the countryside as recruits, so I stabbed a couple. I also nicknamed and talked to an alligator that attacked me and sure enough that makes it a historical, important kill. I then went to a tower to find it occupied by thrall wizards (thralldom sphere). The bear men they summon arent hostile to me but one elf archer, who may or may not even have been a thrall wizard or an undead, was, so I had to murder him. Everybody else was cool and even offered to let me spend the night, but they did cast the make thrall spell on me as soon as they saw me. Not that it does anything interesting besides setting your personality trait for adventurousness really high so any affected npc will immediately join you if you ask them to, which the AI cannot make use of sadly, and removing the need to eat or drink, which I cant really argue with. I couldnt find the slab or any books on the subject in the tower so I just recruited one of the wizards, a minotaur-morph beastwoman, and we visited the town nearby so I could pick up some armor.

Was a dwarf wizard town, full of a mixed population of dwarves, humans, beastmen and vutchnell, but didnt seem to have any temples. There was a bandit gang/criminal syndicate here but other than running into a centaur-beastman recruit in the streets who didnt give me their name or profession before my companion stabbed them to death, there was no sign of them. So that guy could have been just an asshole that likes to pick fights with strangers, really, I have no idea.

On the way back we stopped at another hamlet known to be under the control of a bandit gang run by a plump helmet man, and found it totally lifelike and full of happy civilians and one plump helmet man that immediately drew his knife on seeing me, ran out the door without so much as taking a swing at me, and got stabbed to death by my companion. No other signs of his gang, but because I was on the wrong side of the door when it closed and didnt see the guy die, I cant bring it up as a regular rumor. So instead I have to tell it as a story about the site in question, because somehow I know about that without knowing about it? Oh well.

We went straight home and I found my camp deserted except for the one bandit master, so I decided to just stab him in the gut. My companion did the rest. But before he died I got him to submit to my entity as dominant. No idea where my hearthpeople went.

Oh, and the entire trip my companion is turning literally everybody we meet into thralls for kicks. I saw her use actual offensive magic on a pack of coyotes literally once, she hasnt felt like using it again since then. All knives now. To be fair she is good with the knife. Her name is Plorngo.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14954 on: February 04, 2018, 09:58:29 am »

I tweaked my RAWs a little bit to make Satyrs playable in adventure mode. Right now I'm playing as Vacathi, a satyr from the forest retreat Summitpetals. He started with heroic stats, and I made him largely to be a warrior-skald (one of my favorite character archetypes in adventure mode). I decided to complicate things by giving myself a cover identity, mostly for science and for laughs. Vacathi's cover identity is "Damsto Oneasnam Ngosto," which in Goblin is "Deciever Silvertongue of Void." I've been hunting monsters, and as I pass through towns as Damsto I tell people about the cool things Vacathi has done.

As of right now, it seems that kills are tracked to your actual identity, not your cover identity. I would adore being able to pull an Oedipus: "Nobody killed the Cyclops," mostly because it would be amusing hearing people tell rumors about it. It's also noteworthy that your cover identity can't acquire epithets, only your real identity.
Pages: 1 ... 995 996 [997] 998 999 ... 1104