Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995274 times)

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 09:02:48 pm »

I was trying to swim to random islands in a freezing ocean that I adjusted the temperature of to make extra cold. I managed to swim to one, but couldn't actually remember where the island with the cave was. By the time I was done I was a triple-legendary swimmer and wound up freezing to death because I tossed off most of my clothes to swim faster. It happened really fast and was quite an impressive death. Though it clogged up my "a" when I wanted to see why it kept spamming my freezing constantly.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 11:35:53 am »

Recently had my most successful adventurer yet. I talk to the Axelord in the Mead hall in my current town and he gives me a quest to go kill an Ancient Werewolf by the name of Gasin. The Ancient Werewolf is a mega-beast so I hold back and talk to the king, who tells me to go murder the Elf who killed my previous adventurer. I happily accept and go to the Elven territory in the west and murder the Elf and an guard. I then go back to the King and get another quest to kill a Red Dragon. Red Dragons are size 40, immune to fire and are one of the most powerful creatures in the game. Since they are super powerful, I hold back and decide to try my luck with Gasin. I go to his cave and kill him, with surprisingly relative ease.
  By this point I'm pretty happy because I haven't lasted this long before with my other adventurers, so I go get another quest from the Axelord. That quest is to kill the cyclops "Mata Shimmerivy the Robust Influences." Now since this guy had a special name, I figured he was pretty experienced at killing so I went and tried to recruit some people, and succeeded for the first time. I recruited a crossbow man and a pikeman, and then decided to check my kills. I realized I had gained a special title: "Gaval Priestvanished the Dignified Intensity." I am amused by this, and I go with my two fellow adventurers and kill the Cyclops easily, and murder his little band of Cave swallow men. Then I get another quest to kill a giant, which I easily do.
  Now I get a quest to kill a Lich, so I go there, and the Lich launches a few fireballs at my pike and crossbow men. The pikeman is mortally wounded and bleeds to death, and the crossbow man managed to lodge an bolt in the Lich's arm before he dies. I take a deep breath and charge at the Lich. It throws a few fireballs and completely burns out my throat and heart. Surprisingly, my adventure doesn't die and I manage to cut off the Lich's head before I fall unconscious and die.
  That was fun.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

!!Zombie Carp!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Look into my eyes... you must give cooookieesss...
    • View Profile
[pizza=omnomnom]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2010, 09:13:56 am »

going to restart the training session with olon due to finding her to be alive in a old save I kept. hope I can keep her from dying a wolf based death.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2010, 09:19:04 am »

just beat the ettin that killed my last adventurer. made my first propelling shot and survived a red wound. it was so cool.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2010, 08:26:29 pm »

during the second attempt at training I turn olon into a GCS so that she can learn how to spool silk. well it was going along fine until we got hit by a cougar the blasted thing almost kill me if it was not for olon's pick which gave me enough time to rip out the eyes. the damage was one lost leg on olon but she had 7 more so we travel east to see the great sands then suddenly a jaguar came out of no where wreck my spine so badly I black out from the pain when I came to I was laying next to a dead jaguar and been told olon was walking in circles waiting or me to wake. after that event my cpu blue screen on me.
edit: I found a dark fortress in a human town but the weird thing is that there a dark tower far north a goblin is running shop, and a human who runs the place said they don't have any problems so I think I found a goblin human paradise.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:46:26 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 01:27:34 pm »

edit: I found a dark fortress in a human town but the weird thing is that there a dark tower far north a goblin is running shop, and a human who runs the place said they don't have any problems so I think I found a goblin human paradise.

Sounds like gobbo fortress conquered by humans in world gen.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 12:05:17 am »

Getting killed by the usual megabeasts because I can't be bothered to train.

Then my computer's keyboard broke, and I'm stuck using my dad's laptop.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 04:34:24 am »

Last time I went adventurer, I was raiding the remains of one of my mountain forts I had abandoned in search of the artefact crossbow that my legendary bowyer had crafted... I forgot that the fort was built ontop of a massive chasm. All 6 members of my raiding party, including myself, were massacred by the GCS 'Severspine' that had cleared out my fortress of 34 dwarves. Pity, too. The damned thing had stuck his lair right in what once was the bowyers workshop. Taffer.
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 06:29:40 am »

Last time I went adventurer, I was raiding the remains of one of my mountain forts I had abandoned in search of the artefact crossbow that my legendary bowyer had crafted... I forgot that the fort was built ontop of a massive chasm. All 6 members of my raiding party, including myself, were massacred by the GCS 'Severspine' that had cleared out my fortress of 34 dwarves. Pity, too. The damned thing had stuck his lair right in what once was the bowyers workshop. Taffer.

Such is life. Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

nogibator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 08:42:03 am »

in previous game i was pretty much wrestling legendary beasts(and gcs's), raiding orc fortresses with allies and exploring mountainous chasms.

dig deeper ftw.
sorry for bad grammar, not native english speaker

zourath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2010, 09:48:31 am »

So, I was playing a character in a pocket world game, and was sent on a mission to kill a bronze colossus. I completely forgot about the combat changes, and went to kill it with a bronze sword, and the starting armor and shield. Long story short, I leveled shields, swords, and armor to legendary, and my wrestling skill went to legendary in one attack. Best way to level ever.

Red Minjo

• Bay Watcher
  • New head of Grunty Industries
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2010, 10:30:52 am »

Set out on my first adventure in the new version.  Made myself a swordsdwarf, and went around to various human towns looking for quests.  I had trouble finding the questgivers, because they apparently don't just spawn in the building you spawn in anymore.  I then decided that I would go to the dark towers to fight some goblins.  None of them seemed to have any, but I did find one with lots of prisoners, so I recruited a half-dozen to fight with me. 
Went off on a couple of random encounters, (regular clothing is apparently pretty effective against wolves, bears, and sasquatches!) crippling the creatures and then watching the kids take forever to beat it to a pulp.  I also got to see the new scarring system in action.  ;)

Eventually, I found a warlord who gave me a quest to kill a hyrda, and took it up.  Took me forever to find the cave entrance, because they are tiny holes in hills instead of huge holes in the ground now.  Made my way down and got a message about the hydra tearing off a troll leg or something, which I thought was really cool.  Ended up in a cavern with lots of webs but no spiders, and found my Hydra. It only grabbed one of the kids, and didn't manage to do much damage to him.  Once again I opened up all sorts of places for blood to ooze out of and let the kids finish the job. 
I later found out that the kid who got credit for killing it had worshipped the thing. I retired my first succesful adventurer in a while.

Nagassh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2010, 02:28:30 pm »

I delved into the underground to kill a minotaur, found it stomping a giant bat to bits - killed it thanks to some tactical use of GCS webs, then promptly got lost. Few hours and 2 GCS kills later I still can't find my way out to tell my home islands inhabitance that the dreaded minotaur is dead.

It killed the mayors uncle you know.

zourath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2010, 04:24:18 pm »

In my current adventure I've been slaughtering goblins. Their leader was a steam haunt. I threw a corpse at it and a massive burst of steam came out, which heavily damaged the steam haunt. I then threw the head of a goblin child at it. The steam from that was enough to finish it off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 1103