Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2015094 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15000 on: February 26, 2018, 10:12:21 pm »

Become a necromancer. Create a huge undead army. Like HUGE. Retire in a tower with said army and your demon.
Now create another character. Peasant level. Your job is to hunt down your first character.  No savescumming allowed. Good luck.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:16:53 pm by Cathar »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15001 on: February 26, 2018, 11:16:53 pm »

So I'm not really not sure what I can do in my adventure. I have killed every single megabeast on the planet. And I have a demon tortoise girlfriend. Is there anymore bridges I can burn? I just want to kill a few ingame months so that I can see the change in ages. What can i do now? any more bridges I can burn or murder?
Hunting down a Demon Lord(s) and/or clear a Vault are basically the end game of adventure mode, assuming you have yet to do those.
Clearing a Dark Fortress and exploring the hidden wonders beneath is also somewhat of an endgame, though it may or may not fall under the first category.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #15002 on: February 27, 2018, 05:33:36 am »

Exploring what's below the goblinic towers is most of the time painful, due to huge FPS loss because goblins being scared and running around...

Going down there just to find two or three pterodactyls is usually not worth the hassle.
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15003 on: February 27, 2018, 06:44:55 am »

take your demon girlfriend tell her to wait in a camp, then build a good tower for both of you in adventurer mode, then retire and slap a 1x1 size fort somewhere in the camp and play out fort mode as underlings for your adventurer and improve on the camp. then spend the rest of the game Sending meatshield dwarves at everyciv imaginable til they all die and you start again or you wipe out or drive the population of most of the civs to ~1
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15004 on: February 27, 2018, 11:49:55 am »

So were girlfriends actually added or no? also couldn't you just kill EVERYONE in the game....

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15005 on: February 27, 2018, 04:54:48 pm »

No relationships, your adventure is actually asexual according to the game so cant form relationships. The guy just stole a demons slab and read her name from it, and so now controls her as a minion
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #15006 on: February 28, 2018, 05:08:28 am »

Adventurers are asexual. True.

But does that mean sex-less ? Can they still suffer a gelding blow ? :P
Need to science that.
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15007 on: February 28, 2018, 05:12:32 am »

Need to science that.

Yes, they can, happened to me.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15008 on: February 28, 2018, 12:35:20 pm »

Need to science that.
They're physically capable of reproduction. They just don't want to, so they won't.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #15009 on: February 28, 2018, 03:04:53 pm »

Well, I fix-ster fert'ed my baby adventurer recently. She values family so she'll probably try to marry in worldgen. If she does and have babies, I'll probably post it everywhere

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15010 on: March 04, 2018, 06:24:54 am »

I messing around with sneaking and cut a mountain goat in half with a steel boning knife.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15011 on: March 07, 2018, 05:01:48 pm »

well rolled up an angel adventurer who race is named Art's Beings and they all look like Glass green humanoids with 3 hanging long tails with engravings on it, her name is An Zihala.

An journey was spent doing art stuff, and discovering what the hell happen to a serpentman.
and oh boy, so a Horror spouse cut off this snake's tail then bit him giving him a zebra monster curse.
the Horror spouse was An Elf that got her lower half Smash to bits by a zebra monster and was turned First,
then spent most of her life eating large amount of livestock until one day she settledown in a place called releasedbirth.
Where she got abducted by a night troll and transformed from an Elf to a spouse.
I guess she escaped or wander off to eat more people given she lost her Elfmanity and on a full moon she transforms into a Zebrabeast,
she keeps this up until she gets attacked by a Human name Tobi who Rips her tongue out and Devours her corpse,
itha peardabbled the nail of barbs has a total of 78 kills and underwent 2 transformations.

so the snake person ended up killed and I cashed in the quest I got from the quest giver
"body swapping and YOU!"

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15012 on: March 10, 2018, 02:15:59 pm »

I am playing a friendly Grizzly Bear Man whose primary likes are being friendly to everyone and partying, and more recently DETECTIVING.

Upon starting he found that children are being kidnapped regularly from the elvish retreat that he calls home. Noone seems to know who or where, so DETECTIVE FUZZ is now on the case.

He gathered rumors about a BANDIT CAMP nearby, and since BANDITS are also RAPSCALLIONS he figures they might know more about the UNSAVORY KIDNAPPINGS. He set off with his two elf bowman companions, and headed far to the south in search of this CAMP OF UNLAWFUL BRIGANDS. After about a week he ended up in a human civilization who let him know that he needed to head to the north and east.

He has not found the BANDIT CAMP filled with RAPSCALLIOUS INDIVIDUALS but has come across a town wherein there is a CRIMINAL SYNDICATE that is tolerated by the local lordlings and openly displays "ill-will" against the elves at his home retreat. COINCIDENCE? Detective Fuzz is unsure. Time to SEARCH FOR CLUES.

:::CLUE UPDATE:::
Noone knew anything about the captured Elf children, but it turns out that some of their children have been kidnapped as well! Regardless CLUE HUNT SUCCESS occurred, and we have a name and directions: AUTUMNTHRONE, a DASTARDLY CAMP of CONTEMPTIBLE RASCALS.

We shall ask their leader many DETECTIVE QUESTIONS.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 02:42:57 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15013 on: March 10, 2018, 05:21:32 pm »

so been thinking about this for some time, it now more possible to recruit a bunch of folks, then have them guard a camp while a fort goes through and attempts to murders everyone.
"body swapping and YOU!"

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #15014 on: March 11, 2018, 03:23:32 pm »

I gotta love the various peculiar individuals you come across occasionally.

I met the outpost liaison of my civ in a fairly small hamlet, which is also the home of my civ's king.
The liaison, Myloran, is an earth elemental who was born to my hill dwarf civ. He clearly took a liking to it, as he wears a whole bunch of clothing, something completely foreign to earth elementals - has a sweet hat to top it all off. Kinda wondering how he manages to keep it on, as he looks something like this.

The king, Sorin Dressedmatched, is a bit of an oddball too. He carries around an artifact low boot thats several times too big, and, unlike the barons that also live in the hamlet, is dressed very plainly, without any high-quality or even decorated clothing - there's nothing remotely outstanding about him, it'd be easy to mistake him for a common peasant. He also has a crop scythe - I guess its a way of showing he's the king of the people.
Pages: 1 ... 999 1000 [1001] 1002 1003 ... 1103