Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1004 1005 [1006] 1007 1008 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2022924 times)

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15075 on: April 07, 2018, 01:34:54 pm »

Got myself an earth elemental bandit as a companion. Decided to post-pone the assault on the second camp since the leader which happened to be a draenei was sleeping and none of the bandits attacked me, guess they are okay if I approach them during daylight as my previous approach to a bandit camp happened at night while snowing. That or there are just more going on (alliances, wars, fights, rivalry, etc).

I realized the significance of my companion after taking down an Abomination in its lair as he is basically a sentient rock and thus wasn't affected by the putrid barfing attacks of the abomination. After getting its skull I noticed that I've been carrying a giant fly head around since a nearby river which slowed me down from 5.6 to 1.1, yikes, turns out that really was a giant fly I killed earlier and IIRC my companion killed the other giant fly and the rest scattered in the air.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Phalgrin

• Bay Watcher
  • The mayor's mandate has "ended"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15076 on: April 12, 2018, 01:34:50 am »

Made a fortress to crank out paper scrolls, so that my Oxwoman Necromancer could try many times to make a copy of the secrets of life and death.
When my adventurer arrived, slab in hand, i found that all of the leftover parchment and scroll rollers were right where I left them, but the actual scrolls were entirely gone.
Further frustrating my mission to bring necromantic immortality to all cursed with literacy, I could find no way to assemble the scrolls from the base components myself, even at my own crafting workshop.
Finally, I resolved to retire for a while and try later, and before doing so to set down the slab just in case. I had trouble setting down the slab with weapons drawn at first, and through experimenting with the u.i. I accidentally duplicated the slab Osel Shoneth. I tried unloading the site and traveling, only to come back and find both slabs fully corporeal and readable. I have yet to see what this means for the world at large, but at least my quest to copy the secrets of death and life was not entirely fruitless.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15077 on: April 13, 2018, 03:46:33 pm »

I found the mayor of a hillock has both an artifact silver warhammer and spear. Now i just have to nab both of them and run. He will probably be pissed
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15078 on: April 19, 2018, 07:19:29 pm »

Modded all sapient megabeasts in my game to have the [POWER] token.

Now more than half of the civs in my newest world have megabeast overlords. Time to spend hundreds of hours in adventure mode shaking off the tyranny of monsters and fighting for the renewed freedom of the human race. Already assassinated the cyclops master of my home civ. :P
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 07:21:36 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

LostKitten

• Bay Watcher
  • ha ha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15079 on: April 20, 2018, 06:38:41 am »

Buddy...I dunno what to tell you

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #15080 on: April 20, 2018, 07:30:02 am »

Ahah.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15081 on: April 21, 2018, 03:33:57 pm »

I'm disappointed in the lack of rumrusher'D art going with the insanity.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15082 on: April 24, 2018, 11:30:25 am »

Just discovered my first vault in adventure mode. I entered eagerly, excited for the chance to finally battle the avatars of the gods themselves. Almost immediately I was attacked by a Warring Pawn and...little sucker went down in a single hit. I was momentarily underwhelmed, but then a second Pawn took advantage of my overconfidence to grab a chokehold on my throat and strangle me to death! xD
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 11:33:06 am by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15083 on: April 26, 2018, 03:44:40 pm »

Playing for the first time in about 7 years, been going well so far. I just stumbled into a cave in which some dorfs and kobolds had apparently met. Every step afterwards took about 30 seconds, which then resulted in up to 16 pages of "Identify yourself!"

I'm still trying to get far enough away that I can move properly again.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15084 on: April 26, 2018, 10:10:48 pm »

Ive been murdering weasels in the woods, and every time i do a group of honey badgers converge on the corpse. I didnt know this was a thing, but its happening pretty damn consistently, only after something has died, and its always honey badgers. Has anyone else noticed similar behavior?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15085 on: April 26, 2018, 10:13:12 pm »

Hmmm, can't say I've ever seen that. Sounds interesting, though.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15086 on: April 27, 2018, 05:21:17 pm »

Full adventures last night started out first as an peasant, did a little hunting and wrastling and then got a task from my lord; to kill the vampire in a nearby hamlet. I met a traveller along the way, and she agreed tl join me. The hamlet, then, was a bit interesting as there were hearthpersons of the lord in the houses, including three in the same residence as my target. They would obviously not look kindly on my killing a resident of their hamlet. I waited for nightfall, but two of the three guards were still awake, so i recruited them and then led them outside where i asked everyone to wait. I then snuck back in and slit the vampires throat. Took a while for him to bleed out so i just kept stabbing him to prevent him leaving the cabin. I then drank his blood and excused the two guards id led outside and left with Themes, the wandering mercenary.

My lords next task was to kill a titan. We arrived during the night, and i was lucky enough to be able to sneak up on it from behind and go for the throat, or so i thought. I actually just scratched the skin, pissing it off. There was then a long drawn out battle to try to bring it to the ground. Since it was a therapod, i only needed to break one leg, and since its special attack was just spittle shooting, that wasnt particularly dangerous. But the claws were, and Themes got the worst of it, with a broken spine.

Once i killed the beast i tried to use magic to save her, but it took forever to generate an essence of reformation, so i had to wait repeatedly to keep her from suffocating in the meantime, using the beasts bones and some gems and logs as reagents. But i did it, and she survived.

When we returned home, our next task was to kill a dingo man chief in a hamlet about a days travel away. I expected he was a bandit, but it appears he was chief of one of the hostile primitive tribes i introduced. The hamlet itself was devoid of life, with only ruined buildings. The mead hall was intact and chock full of people, civilians, hearthpersons, lord and chief included. So getting away with murder inside the building would be nearly impossible, i noticed that occasionally npcs would run out and around the side of the building. I waited for Gasom to do so, barely made it out there and closed the door behind us, and strangled him then and there. Took the corpse and all his possessions with us and dumped them in the desert. Clean murder.

The fourth task was not so clean. It was in a goblin pits, a leopard man with a dwarven name. I ended up just slaughtering every goblin i could. Finally found my mark in the animal pits down below, dead. It was a free for all down there, trolls and beak dogs killing each other and their goblin masters. After slaughtering the last few goblins i decided to leave, and thankfully my lord accepted this as a successful mission.

So now its on to the next. Not sure what that'll be yet.
I make Spellcrafts!

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15087 on: April 28, 2018, 12:35:05 pm »

Full adventures last night started out first as an peasant, did a little hunting and wrastling and then got a task from my lord; to kill the vampire in a nearby hamlet. I met a traveller along the way, and she agreed tl join me. The hamlet, then, was a bit interesting as there were hearthpersons of the lord in the houses, including three in the same residence as my target. They would obviously not look kindly on my killing a resident of their hamlet. I waited for nightfall, but two of the three guards were still awake, so i recruited them and then led them outside where i asked everyone to wait. I then snuck back in and slit the vampires throat. Took a while for him to bleed out so i just kept stabbing him to prevent him leaving the cabin. I then drank his blood and excused the two guards id led outside and left with Themes, the wandering mercenary.

My lords next task was to kill a titan. We arrived during the night, and i was lucky enough to be able to sneak up on it from behind and go for the throat, or so i thought. I actually just scratched the skin, pissing it off. There was then a long drawn out battle to try to bring it to the ground. Since it was a therapod, i only needed to break one leg, and since its special attack was just spittle shooting, that wasnt particularly dangerous. But the claws were, and Themes got the worst of it, with a broken spine.

Once i killed the beast i tried to use magic to save her, but it took forever to generate an essence of reformation, so i had to wait repeatedly to keep her from suffocating in the meantime, using the beasts bones and some gems and logs as reagents. But i did it, and she survived.

When we returned home, our next task was to kill a dingo man chief in a hamlet about a days travel away. I expected he was a bandit, but it appears he was chief of one of the hostile primitive tribes i introduced. The hamlet itself was devoid of life, with only ruined buildings. The mead hall was intact and chock full of people, civilians, hearthpersons, lord and chief included. So getting away with murder inside the building would be nearly impossible, i noticed that occasionally npcs would run out and around the side of the building. I waited for Gasom to do so, barely made it out there and closed the door behind us, and strangled him then and there. Took the corpse and all his possessions with us and dumped them in the desert. Clean murder.

The fourth task was not so clean. It was in a goblin pits, a leopard man with a dwarven name. I ended up just slaughtering every goblin i could. Finally found my mark in the animal pits down below, dead. It was a free for all down there, trolls and beak dogs killing each other and their goblin masters. After slaughtering the last few goblins i decided to leave, and thankfully my lord accepted this as a successful mission.

You tried to slit the throat of a T-Rex? No wonder that didn't work.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15088 on: April 28, 2018, 12:48:58 pm »

Personally I usually imagine theropod titans with "deadly spittle" attacks as Jurassic-Park-style dilophosaurs. :P

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15089 on: April 28, 2018, 02:49:14 pm »

You tried to slit the throat of a T-Rex? No wonder that didn't work.
[/quote]

Admittedly, it wasnt my best thought out plan of attack.

My next mission is to drive out a bandit gang from a nearby city. Since i cant positively identify who the leader is, or any of its members, ive just been killing every outlaw i meet in the dungeons/catacombs. Ill probably have to search the sewers too. Mission still incomplete.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 1004 1005 [1006] 1007 1008 ... 1104