Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1006 1007 [1008] 1009 1010 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2020876 times)

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15105 on: May 03, 2018, 06:39:24 pm »

Well.. damn. Built myself a nice 15 z-levels high tower-castle which is about 12x12 wide, designated a hall zone to a fortified top area of my tall structure. Couldn't claim it, so I went to visit nearby draenei civs only to realize that I can only ask to become a valiant for the draenei exarch and no other lords below exarch rank. Only a leader of a town can allow my character become a non-outsider now and the exarch keeps telling me he has no room for my adventurer. >_<

All I need is to be able to claim a site and for that I need a group of my own. Used to be easier.

EDIT: After some troubleshooting later. I decided to make a random demigod draenei guy to take matters into my own hands, went to one of the other vindicators as a peacekeeper from another nearby hamlet to impose a temporary group called 'Quickrush of Starting' where I invited my main adventurer as a hearthperson then taught her all of the poems, songs and dancing he knew. Before doing that I had to vent my frustrations away by killing a Broken vindicator and everyone around him as an example for what happens when all npcs are uncooperative to my goals.

Most likely gonna roll back a bit to avoid the bloodshed I made happen.

EDIT 2: Yup, definitely pays off to take things at a calmer pace. Re-made the Draenei guy and settled the issue peacefully after killing off a few bandits and claiming their camp for a new group called 'The Guild of Shelter' as a peacekeeper/hearthperson then told my main adventurer of the bandit kills then took her as a hearthperson temporarily, taught her poems, songs and dancing from the draenei town civ. Retired the side adventurer and unretired the main adventurer, went to my tower-castle where I shouted into empty halls about claiming the site for another new group called 'The Dominion of Adventuring' which seemed more than fitting.

It all now comes down to my first main goal; proper place to craft my ischronite and ischronitium gear, weapons, items and a few artifacts without all of them being marked down as "blah blah crafted in an unknown place for an unknown group/faction/civ blah blah" like all previous times, well.. no more! Awesome! 8)
And yup, I'm not kidding about having built a 15 z-levels high and about 12x12 wide (if the small tower-turret at south-east part of the structure is put into equation too) beast of a building.

Yeah, being a flying creature is pretty much always your safest bet if you want to cross an ocean.

Aye, personally speaking; this is exactly why I added the ability to fly (without wings) for my ischro-creatures. Had one playthrough once where I attempted to cross water about 4-5 times only to be made into a corpsicle, took me some time until I realized what the heck was actually killing me.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 11:51:53 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
« Reply #15106 on: May 04, 2018, 03:04:29 am »

Somehow after visiting the underworld hordes of demons began to populate the lairs that surround a certain Dark Elf city to the south west of Osmol's hometown, near a cluster of lairs to which his Lady has often sent him to slay werebeasts. After about the fifth excursion to the same sleepy suburb of half-eaten carcass-filled burrows, Osmol was getting ready to kill the rest of the "burning" susceptible were-moose bloodline that populated these hills in one fell swoop. Then he ran into a brute of glass, which is a giant spider made out of glass. The creature almost killed him, and it took chugging a third of his rare transmutation draught in order to turn into a Hydra and slay the creature. The task still cost five heads, however, and his companions didn't leave with any of their own. falling victim to the creature's modus operandi of driving its right fourthfoot through it's adversary's left eye until they stop screaming. .

Osmol tried to satisfy his lady's demands, but the hordes of ravening demons were too much of a nuisance, especially the web-spinning ones. Osmol likes to think that perhaps the ancient tentacled monster that poses as a deity and rules as Dark Queen of the neighboring city has something to do with it, especially given the terrifying surroundings. The city was populated by dark elves, which create lairs on their own, and has been infested with were-beasts, but the already high number of lairs seems to be increasing in real time. Does this actually happen?

After slaying numerous demons and coming very close to death, Osmol approached the Dark Queen, tempted to banish the monstrosity. But who was the real monster? Sure, the being had razed and annihilated the population of the continent's only other urban civilization, the long-time Naga allies of Osmol's civ, the Hale Nations. But there was something endearing in the way that she repeatedly sat up and down, holding the artifact meteorite i encrusted glove that she had plundered during a long ago war, surrounded by the corpses of goblins whom she had slain with the garment. Moreover, Osmol was a blood-drinking creature of the night who had slain dozens of creatures in order to preserve his secret. Osmol decided that he couldn't do it, not yer. So he stalked off into the catacombs. There he discovered two things: that his spirit binder powers allowed him to fully resurrect the dead, and that his druid powers allowed him to transform intact corpses into Elephants.

Feeling guilty about all of the companions who had died in his stead, and the blood drained corpses, Osmol emerged from the catacombs followed by a herd of 80 elephants, curb-stomped some demons (which now terrorized the streets in force) and set out to return to life those who he had wronged.

The quest was a total failure. In the ruins of the naga city, only the skeletal remains of the right hand of his first companion, Snehi, remained. His death was avenged, however, since Osmol met the vampire who was responsible in the nearby plains, and after severing his legs, allowed him to be mauled by elephants. He happened to have written a book, and it was amateurish at best. Heading north, he quickly learned that elephants should not be let near open doors, children, or anything that is slower than an Elephant. Centaurs, dire wolves, giant weasels, and large packs of dingoes all succumbed, in addition to the denizens of a mead hall until I made a hasty exit. Osmol reached the cave where he had killed, the Hydra, but none of his companion's remains could be recovered. Turning his eyes north, Osmol considered the legends of the Dwarves and their unmatched craftsdwarfship, and set out for the boreal frontier.

On the way, he killed a zombie Roc and boiled its heart into a potion. He finally reached a dwarven hamlet a day later and enthusiastically told the tale to the local Baroness at the meadhall. "It was inevitable" she replied, unimpressed. Asking about nearby sites, Osmol learned of a fortress to the north, long abandoned to the creatures of the deep. Another carouser in the tavern mentioned that the Roc whom he slain was responsible for the Fort's desertion. That Baroness seemed mighty unimpressed, considering this fact. Thus Osmol struck further north, reaching the North Eastern corner of the known world. He delved down through the central staircase, knowing exactly where to go. And there he found it, the vault, and the riches of the Dwarves. Fine arms and armor of the most exceptional materials: mail coats of white bronze, Ornate knobbed maces of red steel, and alchemical wonders such as horned helmeets of moon silver and gleaming shields of sun gold, and even a musket. There too he found many fine crafts for domestic uses, in addition to the essential focuses for Aetherial and Hyzith magic. Deep below, perhaps he can master the blood of the mountain and make some use of his backpack full of raw adamantine.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 03:06:06 am by Slozgo Luzma »

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15107 on: May 04, 2018, 09:06:11 am »

-snip-
..flying web spinning sheep..
-snip-

A web that can fly and lift a spinning sheep or is it a spinning sheep that can make a web fly by spinning? I don't even.. I mean how is one even supposed to imagine that thing!? It's hysterical!
This is also why I like this game as it can give an acid trip without even being on acid.

Anyhow it seems that Osmol, despite the hardcore hardships is doing quite well thanks to his varied use of different powers, all things considered.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 09:15:09 am by Droggarth »

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15108 on: May 04, 2018, 12:00:35 pm »

...Neither. Flying and web spinning are unrelated actions. It's a sheep with wings and a spider abdomen. :P

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15109 on: May 04, 2018, 12:58:20 pm »

Obviously it flies unaided like a super sheep, and spins thread from it's wool.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15110 on: May 04, 2018, 02:23:32 pm »

...Neither. Flying and web spinning are unrelated actions. It's a sheep with wings and a spider abdomen. :P

*laughs some more* Yeah, just so many ways to imagine these RNG creatures. Usually in the game I don't pay much attention to them these days because if I do bring my attention to them I'm gonna end up laughing until my sides go on fire as each mental image is funnier than the previous one.

Anyhow as for what I'm planning for my adventure next is to do some good ol' fashioned hack'n'slash across the realm to reach legendary warrior goal. Planning not only to kill off beasts, monsters and clowns but also rain down carnage to evil civs. One of the moments in the game I really enjoyed was finding a goblin civ and just killing them by the hundreds and not having to bother finding their heads.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 03:10:24 pm by Droggarth »

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15111 on: May 04, 2018, 06:58:08 pm »

To elaborate, the pale devils are giant pink nose-less sheep with wings that of stretched skin. The are ravening, spray webs, and have "long, straight hair" ----> Baaaaaad

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15112 on: May 05, 2018, 12:00:18 pm »

Sounds like something out of Armok's hell alright. :o
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 12:13:24 pm by Droggarth »

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15113 on: May 09, 2018, 06:08:12 pm »

Another chapter of Osmol Bakedbrother the Allied Shove. Osmol gathered up some of the finer pieces of armor and dragged them down to the workshops below, and was surprised to find the the legendary craftsdwarfs of the great fortress of Stormceiling did not seem to have an workbenches in their halls, only forges and smithies. Osmol struck out into the caverns with his newly acquired dwarven pickaxe and hacked at some granite, and returned to build a smelter and workshop. He then set about tugging out strands of adamantium(carbon nanotubes?) from the stash that he had collected in the underworld, and then painstakingly melting those strands into wafers. He then descended to the magma-fueled forges at the very bottom of the fortress, and there forged the legendary adamantium sword, "Ancientwinter the Key of Hell". This he set in a spiky hilt made of hydra fang. Then, drawing on his stash of assorted leathers and scaly hides, in addition to some metal scrap, Osmol refit a fine set of steel dwarven armor, donning steel chain mail under black steel plate, topped with a red steel kettle helm.

On his way out he passed the fortress' abandoned stockpiles, and gathered an abundance of cut gems and other riches, filling the bag that once held raw adamantium. With the excess adamantium ore, Osmol made himself a craft hammer, mortar, and pestle. Recalling that a cave lay near the fortress in the foothills to the east, Osmol ventured that way and, emerging from heavy snowfall into sunlight, and was confronted with the plain sight of cragtooth boars rooting around on the glacial surface. A spire of rock thrust its way through the ice, and a narrow tunnel could be seen from where Osmol was standing. He puzzled at the various wooden, bone, and metal items of jewelry that lay scattered about. Then he felt the heat on his face and looked up.

A male gold dragon was swooping out of the sky from the east and belching dragonfire in his direction. Osmol raised his cobalt tower shield and dodged the attack, snipping of the dragon's tail as it passed. Steam was thrown up as the snow and some ice melted. Osmol hurled a volley of wooden spines at the monster but they glanced harmlessly off its dragon scale. He then lunged again, and slashed off a foreleg with his new sword, relieved that the creature breathed fire and could not spin webs. He dodged another blast of fire and reeled as he was caught in the steam, the dragon slammed into him but his armor protected him from harm. He then lunged again, hacking off a wing and, finally its head. He ground up the creature's heart and imbibed its Essence of Draconic Fury, granting enhanced willpower, trances, and fire belching. With the rest of the remains, Osmol created a variety of fine crafts, including a dragonscale tunic and cloak. He ventured into the cave and hacked numerous amethysts from the stone in the caverns below. When he dug deeper into the many layers of igneous rock below, and came out in the half-flooded, incredibly high granite crevasses below, Osmol immediately halted his descent, for he saw many things: twitching fingers, reaching hands, and gnashing heads grew like plants from the walls. Giant deformed structures that resembled arteries rose from the cavern floor and tree-like structures made of pulsating flesh. A bundle of meat with many arms and mouths was splashing in the water towards him, and in the distance he could see two humanoid figures with bone spurs for limbs and a cluster of holes where one might expect a face. Flitting above in the outgrowths of a fleshy tower was a disembodied eyeball dragging many fleshy tentacles in the air behind it. Osmol backed away slowly and fled.

He then traveled south past the barren hamlets to the southwest and declared his deeds to a host of drunken dwarfs in the mead hall. A sober one pointed out that an abandoned fortress lay to the north, which had fallen to a forgotten beast, a great one-eyed toad with a poisonous sting.

Osmol ventured north once again, and on the way noticed an unusual hamlet tucked in the foothills of a small mountains, on the edge of the tundra and northern ice caps. The village itself was extremely dilapidated: only a few shells of houses remained. But the mead hall was well-built and had weathered the test of time. Upon entering the feldspar hall, Osmol was surprised to see an array of enormous items of armor and weapons: helms that he could stand up inside, and swords six times the length of his body. This then must be the home of the Jotun, Watchfulcopper. He had heard tales of the frost giants from the Dwarves here in the north, and how they had disappeared more than 500 years ago. He wondered why, until he saw the sword.

A massive two-handed sword made of bronze, it was exceptionally ornate, but what caught his attention was the finely rendered depiction of A vampire dragon and Jotun. The Jotun are being massacred. It depicted the rout of the Tours of Vaulting of the Palace of Creating from Watchfulcopper by the vampire dragon Sucacins Doorskewers the Haunt of Bowls. Osmol knew of this notorious fiend, who lived in the desert on the other side of the gulf. Osmol resolved that he should slay Sucacins with this very sword, though he wondered what ancient artisan had taken the time to forge this solemn epitaph as his or her people were being destroyed.

He lifted it with his right hand and put it into his coyote leather bag.

After collecting a few trinkets, Osmol continued to the northern edge of the world, and arrived at Bustspines. He explored its depths and found no sign of the forgotten beast, Xilox Diedwaves the Dead Burials in any of the main halls. On the journey there only two of his Elephants had survived the chill, and these could not enter the front gate, but this was just as well because they were noisy and might attract unwanted attention. Osmol plundered the hoards of Bustspines, gathering numerous cut gems, some figurines, and a few choice items from the treasure room, including a black steel musket, moon silver pistol, an ornate sun gold throwing hammer encrusted with gold opals and worked in cave swallow bone. Osmol was also lucky enough to find both an Aetherial focus and Hyzith athame, essential tools to practice and expand his magical skills. Osmol felt guilty plundering such riches, and decided that when his adventuring days were over he would aid some dwarves in resettling one of these fortresses, and transfer all of the riches of one to the other. Stormcieling seemed to be be richer and more long-lived. After all, he would need a ready supply of blood anyway. On the way up, Osmol noticed a glow of life from his extravision which he had not noticed on the journey below, and eventually tracked it to a smithy hall hidden below a residential wing. There he bludgeoned Xilox with his massive bronze sword until the toad croaked its last, gorging on its blood as it drained from numerous avulsions. Venturing back to the south he spoke with the last Queen of the dwarfs to make some inquiries. She was a sage person, and knew the locations of many beasts that his companions to the south had bade him slay. He set on north for Dungsrumour the Sinful Grease, an ice-bound labyrinth where Glirinitash Sinfulsabers the Evil Scratches the Shoggoth made its home in the northeasternmost corner of the world. On the way he passed Stormceiling, and decided to rest before he pressed on. He built a small camp before the gate of Stormceiling, and scratched some leather into parchment, drafting a couple of books that are not worthy of mention. He knew that he had neglected the development of his social skills, for he had gotten into several arguments with the Queen on matters of philosophy and succeeded only in angering the monarch. His artistic skills also were lacking, excepting his ability to carve bone. He built a carpenter's workbench and a makeshift forge, and hacked down several trees. He repaired the dents in his armor, and used the logs and the gems that he had collected to generate Aether salts, and taught himself a couple of useful spells.

Growing restless, Osmol continuted his journey and soon found himself trudging across an endless expanse of ice and snow, blanketed entirely in fog. He was accompanied by only one injured elephant, and that soon perished as well during, of all things, a polar bear attack. It had been days since he had tasted the warmth of fresh blood. Eventually, after much stumbling around in the fog and the snow, Osmol saw four marble pillars. Between them was a stairway leading down. He entered a maze made entirely out of glacial ice, and from time to time would hear the echoing sound of mad muttering and unintelligible gibbering, among other noises . Eventually, on the second level, Osmol managed to follow the sounds to the heart of the labyrinth, and oozing pools of slime littered the icy chamber where the Shoggoth lay (any "Mountains of Madness" vibes?). The battle was the fiercest yet, since Osmul's fancy sword was only marginally more effective against its amorphous body than other weapons. After much slashing, burning, enveloping in steam from ice, and throwing spines of ice, Osmol slashed off one tentacle too many and the beast dissolved into a pool of slime. Osmol gathered the treasures, carefully cleaned himself, suspecting that the goop might be unwholesome, and promptly encased himself in a mass of flesh to heal the missing hand, leg, and facial features. He also lamented the mangling of his newly polished armor.

After a long journey back South Osmol returned to the hillocks at night and politely drank the blood of the sleeping dwarves with restraint. He waited until dawn outside and pretended to have just arrived, and extolled his deeds to the listening dwarves. He also learned from discussion that Stormceiling had not fallen to the zombie Roc as he had thought, but rather another forgotten beast. He travelled there and after an incredible amount of searching discovered that he had to enter the caverns, climb along the ceiling, stand on a ledge, tunnel into an adjacent cavern, and then dig into the floor. He made the mistake of doing this directly above a stairwell, and plummeted four stories to the lowest level. Although his dragonscale cloak protected him from injury, he was immediately set upon by the three-eyed, two-tailed giant sparrow which he had detected through the walls using his extra-vision, though he was not certain of its identity until now. He drove his pickaxe into its face as it attempted to spear him on its beak, and then, drawing Wogeniwir the adamantine sword, decapitated it with one quick stroke of his sword.

Osmol dropped off most of his treasures in the treasure room and then travelled back to the surface. He travelled around the coast along the gulf until he reached the canyons of the Passionate Desert. On the way he was ambushed by a Great Giant Toad, on which he practiced his marksmanship with a musket, and several bands of wendigos. He had been told that his next target, the notorious vampire dragon, was vulnerable only to lead. Although it would be ridiculous to craft a lead sword, it was a common practice among dwarves and men to shape bullets of lead. Osmol planned to avenge the Jotun using their sword, but it would be wise to maim the beast first. Eventually he reached a shrine in the desert, the hills dotted with blooming saguaro. Bones, coins, and assorted pieces of armor lay heaped in incredible numbers. Clearly this was a fearsome beast, and indeed it had slain more than any other creature in the world... after Osmol. Crouching behind a boulder, Osmol drew his black steel musket, now mildly proficient with the weapon. He fired a shot, reloaded, and fired again. The bullets rarely pierced the dragon's steely hide, but did some damage to its bones and organs. The beast could not see him, though it called out angrily the names of the numerous kings, queens, and fearsome beasts whom it had slain. Evidence of its reputation was available in the form of many skeletons that lay strewn between the pillars, including that of a famous Saurian spirit binder, once a lord, an Androsphinx that once posed as a god until it was brought low in the jaws of the dragon, and the vast bones of an eldjotun, the final king of the Jotun. Eventually Osmol's goal was achieved. His sustained barrage of lead had disabled three limbs and broken a wing. The dragon had resurrected the remains of some of its minions, half-vampires once cursed to do its bidding in life, and called to do so again in death. Osmol holstered the musket and drew the massive bronze sword with both hands, and charged.

As he advanced, Osmol called upon his knowledge of the secrets of fate and resurrected the eldjotun king and a nearby goblin. An elf skeleton swung at him but the blow was dodged, and returned with a heavy swing from the sword. The skeleton was flung into the air, and later tumbled along the ground until it slammed into a pillar, exploding into pieces (note that some of these skeletons still had muscle and even organs). Osmol fought a fiercer battle than with the Shoggoth, since he had to rely on the inferior metal of the bronze sword, but managed to escape serious injury despite being flung into a pillar twice and even off a nearby cliff. Eventually, after many arteries had been eviscerated by the pulverizing weight of the sword, the giants had been avenged. Osmol was careful that the sword should never be cleaned of the vampire dragon blood that it had spilled, and wondered if some dwarfs might agree to take care of it in the future. Osmol resurrected two dwarfs whose skeletons lay nearby, whom he learned after conversing had been dead for 500 years. They expressed horror at being surrounded by so much death. There were also two elf skeletons nearby, but Osmol elected not to resurrect them. Osmol then left them, gathered what riches he could carry, and set off into the sunset (actually).

He ventured north west in search of a cyclops' lair, and had to pass the land of the elves in order to do so. The lair of a great hill titan, a massive blob of water which had annihilated two civilizations of goblins of orcs and slain their demon masters. Interestingly, that titan made its home almost in the middle of the elf capital and had rarely done harm to the pointy-eared people. Also of interest, those two civilizations had been at constant war with the elves and had slain their high-elf allies. The elves are now the most populous race in the world. Osmol had briefly encountered their child-snatching fey relatives who neighbored the dwarves, if only to drink their blood, and Osmol didn't relish tasting the stuff again. It tasted like vegetable juice, and he was worried about catching elf-worm. But Osmol was thirsty, so he found the princess and tasted her blood. Nasty stuff. He then found the druid and had his fill. On his way down from the home tree he noticed from the strata in the hills that that tree grew atop massive fragments of meteorite. Disturbed by all of these coincidences and the uncanny power of the elves, Osmol continued on the last leg of his journey to the far north west. There he slew a cyclops and devoured its heart, gaining the power of sight that he needed to better explore the deep places of the world. Next he returned south, in search of the vault that lizard folk had told him lay far to the west of their country.

It was south of a grizzly-werebear cave, which he cleared, and a cave infested by two-headed werespiders, in which he nearly died while wrapped in silk. He reaped a rich harvest of various opals and chrysoprase from the cave, and discovered a very nice underground cave with a deep mushroom-filled pool, a bank of dry land, and a nice spiraling ramp leading up a stalactite and into the cavern ceiling, to the surface above. Although tempted to stay and learn to fish, Osmol was eager to learn what this "vault" entailed.

+++++++++++++SPOILERS++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

He found it by the side of a river in the jungle, an unnaturally cubical section of the hillside excavated around the enormous slade structure. Dropping off his bags at the door, Osmol's first encounter in the antechamber was a winged "Attendant of the Fight", a winged being made of ash which hates the living. Nervous of the unfamiliar angelic being, Osmol advanced cautiously and deflected its first strike. Then he stabbed it in the neck, and its head flew off. Thanking his luck, Osmol continued into the next room and easily slew another one. One ambushed him from the high pillared ceiling above, and Osmol dispatched it with a blow from his tower shield. Though the creatures were quick, their ashen bodies did them no service. Descending an incredibly long flight of stairs, Osmol was met with an enormous elephant twisted into humanoid form, wearing rotten fabric garments, pale metal armor, and wielding a pale metal scourge and pale metal curved shield. It offered no greater challenge. There were similiar "Messengers of the fight" with crescent axes and curved swords, but only one axelord was any challenge, and only because Osmol was surrounded by the messengers. The final guardian of the vault's treasure, a massive ashen flatworm, was bifurcated with a single blow, although it did manage to throw Osmol across the chamber. Osmol claimed the treasures within and became incredibly overburdened by the divine materials that he had collected.

Next steps, Osmol will slay the tyrannical dark queen of the Square Witch, learn the world's secrets, hunt down all necromancers, clear another vault, slay the last megabeasts, become a better artist and persuader, conquer as much of the world as possible, store his treasure in a fortress, kill a bunch of elves, and then jump into a volcano because he's a vampire. Then I'll be ready to start a fortress in a world without megabeasts or too many elves.

EDIT: typo
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 05:49:03 pm by Slozgo Luzma »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #15114 on: May 10, 2018, 05:41:03 am »

Hahaha, gotta love the "nope, I'm out of here" moment when Osmol dug into the third cavern layer. That was the type of effect I was hoping it'd invoke.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15115 on: May 11, 2018, 02:14:31 am »

Look whom I have to kill.

Really? A starved woman? Why not just feed her?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #15116 on: May 11, 2018, 05:48:17 am »

Probably something a lot worse than just an emaciated woman.

Also, I don't recommend using felslate as a weapon material (can't restrict people using it in crafting reactions, unfortunately, but in fort mode you wouldn't be able to use it for weaponry) - its meant for armor.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15117 on: May 11, 2018, 06:31:46 am »

Being heavy makes it good for blunt. Reading the ores file, I see that from what I have available, mithril is best for edged weapons.

Well, it turned out that the starved woman was actually dangerous. I did take a companion with me against her and while we both survived, the companions upper spine got bruised. I took him to a city and left him there, hoping that he will eventually recover with the help of surgeons and such.

Then I got a mission to kill a grey cyclops.
On my way to his lair, I met 2 Grey Cyclops corpses near the lair of the (now dead) starved woman. I destroyed them, and continued on my way. But the lair of the cyclops turned out to be empty. Instead, I was attacked by 3 wind serpents. I killed 2 and started running away, as their lightning breath made my fat melt. I stopped bleeding on PALE and entered fast travel. Later I noticed, that my wings are now fatless.

I went searching for him and found him and a giant ooze. I knocked the cyclops over and took flight before the ooze caught up. Then I flung coins on the ooze, while it killed the cyclops. When the cyclops was dead and I ran out of coins, I flew away and reported it to the knight.

Then he gave me a mission to kill a puppet of sloth. On the way, I took another companion and also armed them with full felslate. We arrived to the puppets nest and proceeded to kill it. This time no injuries on our side, thanks to the felslate armor he had. (It deflected several hits).

Now, we are going to go back.
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15118 on: May 11, 2018, 05:35:41 pm »

https://imgur.com/a/68mYWO5

The problem with not feeling pain is that things like this happen and you don't even know why people are giving you funny looks and why you can't see out of one eye. Also his ambitions are pretty appropriate. I cut off the psychology that's been added by the new update, but it took two pages and mostly consisted of Osmol's  apathy at seeing people die, grim satisfaction and triumph at killing people, being upset at being caught in freakish weather, grief at seeing his childhood friend get dismembered, happiness and euphoria at improving skills and praying, absolute apathy at seeing five of his other childhood friends die, and most importantly, he was upset at being caught in the rain.

Also he doesn't really care about anything anymore.

Here are hordes of demons:
https://imgur.com/syZ7KJQ
https://imgur.com/QP70je4
https://imgur.com/PKGJ9wi
https://imgur.com/JLlmd5y

Happy Beginnings (everyone had been eviscerated by demons come dawn)
https://imgur.com/QAKvReY

Anticlimactic Battles:
https://imgur.com/IQCrxwA

Dark Queen of the Square Witch:
https://imgur.com/5dcRfeE
...and her weapon of choice
https://imgur.com/s3AjXXg

Elephant Crew:
https://imgur.com/hY6zrPP
https://imgur.com/ctspUUC

Underground Horrors (thanks to ZM5):
https://imgur.com/hRQXlVU

Dwarf Queen:
https://imgur.com/vM9n6kq

Mountains of Madness:
https://imgur.com/TiPsRgT

Vampire Dragon Duel:
https://imgur.com/GZGPWN0
https://imgur.com/VMoCyzl
https://imgur.com/aMGbCwp
https://imgur.com/NnhQrur
https://imgur.com/Ox7bXXY
https://imgur.com/M0QZMnv

Useless Artifact

EDIT: Fixed hyperlinks
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 05:41:25 pm by Slozgo Luzma »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15119 on: May 12, 2018, 06:58:37 am »

After killing the puppet of sloth, Papos Upubudo and Perom Shedoshkupek first stopped in a human hamlet, where Papos created adamantite edged weapons for them both.

On their way home, they found an empty lair with a herd of talbuks. Having enough food, they carried on.

Without incident, they returned to the Whirlflanked hamlet. There they reported slaying the puppet of sloth Citu Reverdlanterns the Epidemic of Crypts, who lived in the Illness of Flimsines.

But the knight already had a new mission for them.

It was, to kill the servant of wrath Corgarn Handlecrests, who lives in Parchedflickered, the Mucus of Bravery.

This land is beset by sin. They could not believe they only now noticed it.

Off they went, to serve some wrath to the servant of wrath.

The journey was unevenful and soon they saw the flickers of Mucus of Bravery.

Papos tried to sneak in, but the attempt was ruined, when Perom started rambling about some skirmishes with a group of boys. The battle started and the wrathful servant immediatly fell over, as Papos cut its foot open. It was soon beheaded.

Having finished their mission, they started their way back. Going home, they found another empty lair.

Then they arrived home and found out, that their knight has another mission for them. This time not to slay a minion of a sin, but to cause trouble in Moralmaws, the city, next to which the last two sinful minions resided.

On their way, the duo was ambushed by treants in the night. But together, they chopped them down.

When they were returning from robbery in Moralmaws, Perom lost his right arm to a worg. Unfortunately, robbery is not troubling enough.

Seeing that the mission could not be completed, Papos decided to become a freelance adventuress. She bid Perom goodbye and set out on her journey. Her first target was the giant ooze, which has eaten a cyclops.

Arriving at the site of the dinner. Papos saw the ooze devour a herd of giant cockatiels. Then she came at the ooze, felslate morningstar in one hand, adamantite saber in the other. Breaking off the tusks, she crippled the foul creature before splitting it asunder with her saber.

While going away from there, Papos noticed, that the old wound on her right hoof is getting infected. This made it clear that she could not delay any longer and had to get healed. Unfortunately, this meant trying to become a werebeast. So she started asking a priest in a city whether he knew of any.

Dude, I killed the guy already and you even k now it.
Pages: 1 ... 1006 1007 [1008] 1009 1010 ... 1104