Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2014925 times)

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15195 on: July 04, 2018, 10:56:45 am »

IIRC, the "talking is not a free action" appears to be one-sided tho.

If your character speaks during combat, you'll be rewarded with a few lines of combat message spam from your enthusiastic NPC opponent.

In the case of semi-megas, I remember they can pair an intro, or brag with a charge attack, when you should have been granted the initiative after their blib-blab, as your blib-blab costs quite a few ticks.

There must be a shop that sells potions or scrolls of minus ticks, unbeknownst to the PC.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15196 on: July 04, 2018, 12:50:50 pm »

Ah yes, the elusive Draught of Monologues, guaranteed to freeze everyone in place (or at least prevent anything but minor, not-plot-relevant fidgeting) while you explain your personal history, your family history, your grand plan, and the way you expect the next five minutes to unfold.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

ShapedWhisper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15197 on: July 04, 2018, 04:25:54 pm »

Ah yes, the elusive Draught of Monologues, guaranteed to freeze everyone in place (or at least prevent anything but minor, not-plot-relevant fidgeting) while you explain your personal history, your family history, your grand plan, and the way you expect the next five minutes to unfold.
So basically Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?

Rujasu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15198 on: July 04, 2018, 04:34:56 pm »

After a fruitless journey down to the Southwest, my lowly swordsdwarf and his merry trio of drunks - Led, Id, and Datan - were tracing back their path to the Northeast and beyond to find one of the two remaining megabeasts in the world.

On the journey they decided to stop at the familiar hillock of Cavepaged for the night, aaaand that's how the second battle for Cavepaged began. It's the second one because I can only assume the arrival of the necromancers that turned the whole place into zombies was the first battle.

The battle started at a disadvantage from the start as we were scattered and unprepared. Id took an early blow to the leg and crawled away in panic. Myself and Led were fending off the main horde while Datan was seen out of immediate helping range fighting a couple of corpses. There were more than that. The number was up to five until Datan's battle left my line of sight. Id eventually made his way up there to help but not long before Datan had passed away from exhaustion. Both would die as I was the only one with a weapon that could do anything to the enemy.

Nevertheless, the day was ours since a shortsword lopped off heads with alarming ease. The smaller hillock on the side contained the final boss.
Spoiler: Three necromancers (click to show/hide)

Hunting down the necromancers in a crowded room of living body parts wasn't easy, and Led failed to make it out alive. Sadly I gained my first injuries during the cleanup process as that damn animated neck bit me in my sword hand. After some blows and bites were exchanged, a good throw of the knife from my backpack finally ended the undead menace on what was now former Cavepaged. I named my trusty sword Angazit, The Red Knife, in honour of the remarkable 49 kills that day.

There was no point in moving on as the sun was setting and I had no striking hand. Plenty of food left behind, so the smart call was to just sleep the pain away in the empty hillock.

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15199 on: July 04, 2018, 06:35:54 pm »

I just found out how to give companions combat experience without risking them getting killed. Use dfhack to go into arena-controlling unit mode, set conflict level to training, assume controll of yourself or your partner (works best in two) move a tile, and either start sparring (hittimg em) or change back to adv and then start it. My guy is almost as good as me now

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15200 on: July 05, 2018, 02:12:56 am »

Fun fact: You can fill your backpack with water to get upwards of 30 units of water rather than 3 if you fill your waterskin.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15201 on: July 05, 2018, 02:28:39 am »

Welp, Chara got killed after an attempt to assassinate a lord. 60 kills. 52 notable.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 02:34:00 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15202 on: July 05, 2018, 07:40:59 am »

Fun fact: You can fill your backpack with water to get upwards of 30 units of water rather than 3 if you fill your waterskin.
Also if you got adv fort you can make a animal cage which for some reason holds 50 units of water

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15203 on: July 05, 2018, 02:10:45 pm »

Also if you got adv fort you can make a animal cage which for some reason holds 50 units of water
A bag holds 100 units.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15204 on: July 05, 2018, 02:18:41 pm »

I just found out how to give companions combat experience without risking them getting killed. Use dfhack to go into arena-controlling unit mode, set conflict level to training, assume controll of yourself or your partner (works best in two) move a tile, and either start sparring (hittimg em) or change back to adv and then start it. My guy is almost as good as me now
even better than that you could just... toggle the spar flag in their unit data with gm-editor and this makes all their attacks lightly touch, no needing to Shift over to arena mode to train. kinda wish this was an in vanilla feature for adventuremode where you can jokingly lightly jab someone with out intent of breaking a rib.
A bag holds 100 units.
just carry around a minecart and never have to worry about water shortage.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15205 on: July 05, 2018, 06:19:07 pm »

even better than that you could just... toggle the spar flag in their unit data with gm-editor and this makes all their attacks lightly touch, no needing to Shift over to arena mode to train. kinda wish this was an in vanilla feature for adventuremode where you can jokingly lightly jab someone with out intent of breaking a rib.
A bag holds 100 units.
just carry around a minecart and never have to worry about water shortage.
i tried, they ran off. And there is much more effort involved in calming them down after the fight if you escalate
Side note: after training he decided hes so cool that i needed to brag about my kills to make him rejoin me Another note: i carry around a barrel of booze cause why not. I also smashed someones head in with it once, like a warcraft brewmaster. Too bad drink/crop stacking commands are dysfunctional in adv mode. Or at all, i dunno
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 06:24:51 pm by adamkad1 »

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15206 on: July 06, 2018, 12:31:52 pm »

I'm playing in a world devastated from enormous war. Most cities are destroyed, and beasts lurk the night.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was given a mission by one of the last human civs left to take out an enormous bandit gang. Upon entering, I noticed that a family of night creatures had the same idea!
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15207 on: July 06, 2018, 01:15:26 pm »

Are those all zombies? If so, probably there is a necromancers in the group.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15208 on: July 06, 2018, 01:23:25 pm »

Nah, it's a family of night trolls on a raid that managed to intersect with my arrival to the camp.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15209 on: July 06, 2018, 06:39:26 pm »

What are your favorite gen settings for adventure worlds?
Pages: 1 ... 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 ... 1103