Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2020913 times)

Top Hat Zebra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15240 on: July 21, 2018, 11:41:43 pm »

Oh, that’s disappointing. Can I mod that out somehow?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15241 on: July 21, 2018, 11:53:44 pm »

No. Modding can't do everything. Or maybe you can! Test it and find out.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #15242 on: July 22, 2018, 12:30:20 am »

They aren't vanilla secrets so they have been modded in. That means you can change them if you go into the raws. There's also a good chance they're compatible anyway. Try it before you start changing things.

Top Hat Zebra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15243 on: July 22, 2018, 02:06:19 am »

Try it before you start changing things.

That's sensible talk and we don't do that around these parts.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15244 on: July 22, 2018, 02:16:29 am »

So wait what did the secrets of the underground do?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #15245 on: July 22, 2018, 02:49:16 am »

You definitely can have more than 2 secret types if you set the tokens properly. A user on the discord who plays with my mod managed to get something like 4 different ones, and I personally have had adventurers that got upwards of 3.

Top Hat Zebra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15246 on: July 22, 2018, 02:50:09 am »

Im actually not really sure. It's supposed to make cavern diving easier, but the readme was a little bit vague and said it might not work, so... I honestly have no idea if it's had any effect at all.

Little update, I did some delving in that abandoned Dwarf fortress. I didn't find the Secrets of Metal, but I did find the Secrets of Fate, which grants me the ability to bring the dead back to life and heal myself of terrible wounds, I think, so that's great. I at least can learn two Secrets for sure, possibly more.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15247 on: July 23, 2018, 04:16:54 pm »

Found a way to claim dwarven sites through the use of messing with the entity links in dfhack and Adv camp building mode's zone editing, it seems flipping the entity link flag of residence off on top of turning the site to a camp will allow you access to the adventure mode build menu which gives you the site's zone plans which allows you to select a zone and turn it into a main hall, and due to none of the groups hold claim to said hall you can walk into the spot and claim it yourself. this might not work as well in human hamlets or towns as they tend to block everything off and I guess have way to many zones to edit causing the game to crash trying to load in that menu option.

in not dfhack like news, one of my adventurers got ambushed by the animal kingdom, and got hit by crossbowmen and had to dodge rabbits gunning towards them, I think there was a wereskunk outbreak in the middle of the group, so I guess that lead to some in fighting with the pack, this General poison animal token set up seem to bring in some insane groups sometimes.
kinda wonder if they were bandits or the town guard.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:22:45 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15248 on: July 24, 2018, 03:33:43 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can't have multiple secrets at one time (or at least you can't have more than 2).

Thats not right, i can learn all the secrets i want, so long as theyre compatible.

Im actually not really sure. It's supposed to make cavern diving easier, but the readme was a little bit vague and said it might not work, so... I honestly have no idea if it's had any effect at all.

Little update, I did some delving in that abandoned Dwarf fortress. I didn't find the Secrets of Metal, but I did find the Secrets of Fate, which grants me the ability to bring the dead back to life and heal myself of terrible wounds, I think, so that's great. I at least can learn two Secrets for sure, possibly more.

The cavern thing only works while youre underground, and only for creatures that can become cave adapted, like dwarves. Its super specific...

Regarding the vampirism bug; i actually made a class of vampire that has to eat, sleep and drink, because that would make it harder to out them in fort mode. Maybe thats the version you got. If so, i had no idea that there should be anything preventing you from eating or drinking normally. There are other, weaker vampire forms too... i might have to rethink them all if thats going to be a common problem.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 04:23:54 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
« Reply #15249 on: July 26, 2018, 01:16:52 am »

I want to save and share that story because its awesome.

And regarding the enchanted iron, its really only another normal metal. Its got slight advantages over regular iron as material properties go, but its only other important attribute is that many magical creatures are weak to it.

Haha, go ahead. And that’s good to know about the enchanted iron. Even if it’s only slightly better, I still just like the idea of carrying around enchanted weapons. It makes it sound more adventurous!

Unfortunately, I think I ran into a bug with my jaguar woman. I tried to become a vampire, but drinking the blood seems to have, somehow, inexplicably, made me simultaneously both a vampire and NOT a vampire. I was starving, thirsty for water and blood, and getting tired and drowsy, but I couldn’t quench my thirst for water or fill my stomach with food, so I was just constantly weak.

So I started a new character. This time just a regular human woman, from a nation called the Confederation of Pine. I immediately defiled a temple and was “cursed” with superhuman abilities, immortality, the ability to detect living creatures, and the ability to forgo basic human needs with no ill effect. Curse???

Once I became a vampire, I decided I wanted to learn magic next. I was luckily very close to a mage’s tower. I traveled deep into the desert until I came upon the magical structure. Inside I met the Master, a dwarf named Edem. An interesting character, he’s over 150 years old, and gained magic after he took up the worship of a Gorlak deity named Shedim the Deepsilver. Shedim blessed Edem with a bronze tablet giving him the “secrets of the underground.” Edem then built a tower and took on apprentices, including an elf, two goblins, and, strangely, a mountain goat woman.

Unfortunately, it turns out that the bronze tablet had been stolen over a decade ago by a conniving Kobold. On the positive side, the kobold’s lair was only a half day’s walk to the north.

I traveled to the lair, which had a really grand name that I cannot quite remember, something along the lines of “the Deep Dwelling of Champions.”

I couldn’t for the life of me discover the entrance, and as the lair contained nearly a thousand kobolds as well as two hundred cave sliders and two hundred snakes (skull snakes or something? I haven’t played enough to memorize the creatures, sorry!) I didn’t want to spend too much time there.

I carved directly down into the tunnels and simply jumped inside. My attempt at communication was rebuked (my game crashed) so I just skipped straight to the slaying. Kobolds, it turns out, are much weaker than I expected. Using my enchanted iron flail, I simply struck each one in the head, killing them instantly whenever they got in my way, feeding on their blood with impunity. I killed over 80 kobolds before I found their treasure room. There, I took many rough gems, some sort of artifact statue, as well as two tablets! One was the bronze tablet of the Secrets of Underground that I had been seeking, while another was a stone slate created by a dwarf deity of volcanoes and mountains, which granted me the magic ability to fling rocks at people really, really hard. It is extremely useful.

After slowly, painstakingly crawling back out of the caverns, weighed down by giant stone blocks, I traveled back to the tower. I told Edem about my triumphant quest to reclaim the sacred magical tablet gifted to him by his god. He said he had no opinion about that.

Okay, Edem, I guess I’ll keep it then.

Now I have a new goal for my immortal life. I discovered an abandoned dwarf fortress not far to the east from Edem’s tower. It is apparently the lair of the forgotten beast that ran the dwarves off, and, coincidentally enough, the tablet containing the Secrets of Metal was lost in the fortress during the attack. I will slay this beast, take the tablet as my own, and then build my own magical tower. My goal is to collect all of the divine magic in the world, learn it all, take on apprentices, and then become a god.

Should be simple enough unless I fall in a pit or get frozen in the ocean or a dog bites me in the brain.

I'm pretty sure you can't have multiple secrets at one time (or at least you can't have more than 2).

You can have as many secrets as you want so long as they don't exclude certain traits, such as NOT_LIVING. I once had a druid necromancer metalmancer unnatural mother wind mage cthulhu cultist in a modded game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15250 on: July 26, 2018, 09:01:25 am »

so currently looking for a way to get companions to join a fort, and decided why not make a musical band. so I went and pick up 3 bogeymen from the hilltop house and created a troupe called Nightcreams the Charcoal Cross Bog-Battles of Cackling having it be an mostly all bogeyman band, with 1 dwarf leader. so in a weird shift of luck got more bogeymen in this starting town than I even expected to get. like in total of 15 bogeymen. so now I'm probably ready to set off and explore the world and perform with a group that pretty much fill up every single dance spot in a performance.
note to self for later runs, name a band just The Cackling.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15251 on: July 26, 2018, 02:20:16 pm »

Every adventure ive gone on for a while now has ended with my adventurer dying horribly. Those mountain boars i made are too damn big to cause any significant damage to them. I tried to reach a retired fort but the game crashed as i approached it without fail, so i had to give up. I think i figured out what was causing that and fixed it though... I did decapitate a named yeti recruit i caught wandering around. But in that world there didnt seem to be anyone who could tell me where to find anything more killable or interesting than those mountain boars and some dragons that lived on the other side of the world. I guess there was a lack of werebeasts and vampires.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15252 on: July 27, 2018, 01:41:39 pm »

I haven't played DF since version 0.34. The character focuses in adventure mode are really confusing. The colossal size of the talking interface is even more confusing, compared to the good old days of unfinished 0.31.

Out of pure masochism I started an adventurer in a smaller world with only 5 years of history generation. It's actually very challenging, because there are almost no meatshield soldiers to recruit in a world with ~200 historical figures. Still pretty fun, though.
I'm a human hearthsperson in a civilization with a grand total of one half-abandoned (?) town and two hamlets. I was ordered to kill kobolds at a neighbouring camp. The problem is, my encumbered character and my companions are too slow to reach them (they always run away), they seem to respawn and shift-'T'-ing out of the camp and back crashes the game.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15253 on: July 27, 2018, 01:44:35 pm »

Ranged attacks?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15254 on: July 27, 2018, 01:53:07 pm »

Ranged attacks?
None of us has ranged weapons, and my fame level is too low to get a third follower.

Apparently I can kill at least one bastard if I sneak up on them. It scatters the other kobolds, though. Right now I'm trying to do it in several passes.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 1015 1016 [1017] 1018 1019 ... 1104