Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2017132 times)

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15255 on: July 27, 2018, 02:07:59 pm »

Despite my adventurer being near-impervious with ischronite armor on, it's the push/pull mechanic that can pose harmful danger depending on how strong a foe is.
Haven't done much in the adventure since my last post until now as I'm still planning to bring a lot of pain, torment and the fear of damnation and oblivion upon whatever lives in nearby dark civs.

Decided to head towards a dark civ in the west and I'm currently making my way there while getting interrupted by rivers, mountains and various creatures. It's the latter I seem to run into the most, doesn't help that my companions keep getting distracted even by creatures who aren't any danger (kinda funny still). I basically have to crawl through hell to get to hell so I can fuck up hell. Fair enough all things considered.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15256 on: July 27, 2018, 02:39:14 pm »

Ranged attacks?
None of us has ranged weapons, and my fame level is too low to get a third follower.

Apparently I can kill at least one bastard if I sneak up on them. It scatters the other kobolds, though. Right now I'm trying to do it in several passes.
They are kobolds. Just throw stuff. Anything. They are kobolds, they will be hurt.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15257 on: July 27, 2018, 03:02:23 pm »

Ranged attacks?
None of us has ranged weapons, and my fame level is too low to get a third follower.

Apparently I can kill at least one bastard if I sneak up on them. It scatters the other kobolds, though. Right now I'm trying to do it in several passes.
They are kobolds. Just throw stuff. Anything. They are kobolds, they will be hurt.
Stealth worked perfectly - I've stalked every one down and cut their heads off. Now I'm known as "The Hero of Denominations", probably because of the truckload of coins I've looted from the camp.

My superiors ordered me to "cause trouble" at a tavern in a goblin fortress. Oh boy, this will be fun.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15258 on: July 27, 2018, 04:22:56 pm »

Turns out the dark fort I was aiming to go first to is further south and a lot more further west. Where I went to just now was only a dark pit with a bunch of "regular" civs around it and then some. I say "regular" because those civs have the disguise of default civs but the creatures in them mostly fall under the side of evil or somewhere in-between in Warcraft lore.

Decided to leave those civs alone since they didn't even attack me on sight. Killed some bogeymen during my nightly travels, killed a few dozen zombies (at the evil mountains to the west of the dark pit), dingos (large ambush) and a few other creatures until I looked at the legends world map and saw where I wanted to go. Had to backtrack to what looks like a muddy river or a road and then turned west.

There has already been so much variety of creatures in my travels and trying to recall them all is rather problematic to put it mildly. Like the zombies I ran into, there were so many different reanimated corpses lumbering about on the mountains and near the mountains, zombie kaliri, zombie djinns, zombie mountain gryphons, zombie worgs and then some. Which begs the question, who's resurrecting them there as there are no towers other than a nearby dark fort some map-tiles away which hasn't popped up on my in-game adv map yet.

edit: I've arrived at that dark fort which is called Gungkeldabu "Blockcorrupt", a good ol' goblin place with fel orcs and goblins by the looks of things. I think I'm finally gonna get my inner Khorne satisfied now in this game. 8)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit2: Nope. The massacre is seriously hampered by the lag of how many npcs there are.. see, this is why I prefer playing in 5-year old worlds. Anything older than 5-10 years gets tedious to move around. Guess I'll off the civs with evil creatures in them after all.

edit3: Bleh, I just seem to run into bad luck with this game over and over again (this is why I tend to take long breaks) despite my witchcraft. Seeing as this is a common occurrence for everyone with the game anyway, I'm just gonna start a much younger world in 44.12 and bypass building and minimize the crafting hassle with dfhack and go straight to overpowered murder spree with my spawned items and let the history buffs in the legends wonder where I got my godly artifact items from.

edit4: Good grief, I have genned about half times younger world now which loads and save way faster and yet the dark fort I spawned near still brings the game to crawling halt of dreadful 1-0 FPS nightmare inside the damn fort. Fuck that.

The hell with dark forts, I'd nuke them from orbit at this point for all I care. I'm gonna instead find a random civ and massacre it with reckless abandon because I've wasted too much time planning and preparing to increase my killcount by the hundreds in previous worlds in this game for far too long and I'm tired of it, I'm tired that I can't get it done due to whatever fetid problems impeding my way.. so I'm changing my mindset and remove the sanity because that perfect-ish place, story and time will not seem come anyway so fuck that, fuck planning, fuck building (for a while) and hello to the blissful state of CHIM and the ecstasy of maiming, killing and burning!!! >:D

Other than that this new adventure world I'm gonna approach with less thought put into in favor of casual hacking and slashing therapy I need. Enabled AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE for my re-created mutant draenei lass god-creature so I don't have to see pages and pages of pointless animal encounters cluttering up my screen of slain beasts and people I wanna brag about in-game.

edit5: Much better now! First "regular" civ I stumbled upon happened to be a cultist human civ. Perfect place to wipe clean and vent my frustrations and anger away.

edit6: Saw a few tombs, went into one pyramid tomb and found out that the mummy in it fights real nasty as it raised dead constantly, the mummy was some ascended cultist human who was some elemental something with gemstone in the head (brain?). Battle took while until I decided to chop all of their legs and mobility off and butchered their hands after lopping them off furiously, did that until managed to decapitated the fetid mummy finally and butcher its and its lackeys remains brutally into pieces with hatred. I only got "You feel horrible!" message when the mummy woke, the only one who's feeling horrible now is that mummy. Winning is fun.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:33:07 pm by Droggarth »

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15259 on: August 01, 2018, 11:30:01 am »

Turns out the dark fort I was aiming to go first to is further south and a lot more further west. Where I went to just now was only a dark pit with a bunch of "regular" civs around it and then some. I say "regular" because those civs have the disguise of default civs but the creatures in them mostly fall under the side of evil or somewhere in-between in Warcraft lore.

Decided to leave those civs alone since they didn't even attack me on sight. Killed some bogeymen during my nightly travels, killed a few dozen zombies (at the evil mountains to the west of the dark pit), dingos (large ambush) and a few other creatures until I looked at the legends world map and saw where I wanted to go. Had to backtrack to what looks like a muddy river or a road and then turned west.

There has already been so much variety of creatures in my travels and trying to recall them all is rather problematic to put it mildly. Like the zombies I ran into, there were so many different reanimated corpses lumbering about on the mountains and near the mountains, zombie kaliri, zombie djinns, zombie mountain gryphons, zombie worgs and then some. Which begs the question, who's resurrecting them there as there are no towers other than a nearby dark fort some map-tiles away which hasn't popped up on my in-game adv map yet.

edit: I've arrived at that dark fort which is called Gungkeldabu "Blockcorrupt", a good ol' goblin place with fel orcs and goblins by the looks of things. I think I'm finally gonna get my inner Khorne satisfied now in this game. 8)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit2: Nope. The massacre is seriously hampered by the lag of how many npcs there are.. see, this is why I prefer playing in 5-year old worlds. Anything older than 5-10 years gets tedious to move around. Guess I'll off the civs with evil creatures in them after all.

edit3: Bleh, I just seem to run into bad luck with this game over and over again (this is why I tend to take long breaks) despite my witchcraft. Seeing as this is a common occurrence for everyone with the game anyway, I'm just gonna start a much younger world in 44.12 and bypass building and minimize the crafting hassle with dfhack and go straight to overpowered murder spree with my spawned items and let the history buffs in the legends wonder where I got my godly artifact items from.

edit4: Good grief, I have genned about half times younger world now which loads and save way faster and yet the dark fort I spawned near still brings the game to crawling halt of dreadful 1-0 FPS nightmare inside the damn fort. Fuck that.

The hell with dark forts, I'd nuke them from orbit at this point for all I care. I'm gonna instead find a random civ and massacre it with reckless abandon because I've wasted too much time planning and preparing to increase my killcount by the hundreds in previous worlds in this game for far too long and I'm tired of it, I'm tired that I can't get it done due to whatever fetid problems impeding my way.. so I'm changing my mindset and remove the sanity because that perfect-ish place, story and time will not seem come anyway so fuck that, fuck planning, fuck building (for a while) and hello to the blissful state of CHIM and the ecstasy of maiming, killing and burning!!! >:D

Other than that this new adventure world I'm gonna approach with less thought put into in favor of casual hacking and slashing therapy I need. Enabled AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE for my re-created mutant draenei lass god-creature so I don't have to see pages and pages of pointless animal encounters cluttering up my screen of slain beasts and people I wanna brag about in-game.

edit5: Much better now! First "regular" civ I stumbled upon happened to be a cultist human civ. Perfect place to wipe clean and vent my frustrations and anger away.

edit6: Saw a few tombs, went into one pyramid tomb and found out that the mummy in it fights real nasty as it raised dead constantly, the mummy was some ascended cultist human who was some elemental something with gemstone in the head (brain?). Battle took while until I decided to chop all of their legs and mobility off and butchered their hands after lopping them off furiously, did that until managed to decapitated the fetid mummy finally and butcher its and its lackeys remains brutally into pieces with hatred. I only got "You feel horrible!" message when the mummy woke, the only one who's feeling horrible now is that mummy. Winning is fun.

congratz, unless the curse is modded you will fail at 20% of shit you do

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15260 on: August 01, 2018, 11:45:18 am »

Also, serrated discs make great throwing weapons, lops off a limb almost every time it hits

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15261 on: August 01, 2018, 10:38:27 pm »

I'm playing a draconian who is obsessed with violence. Covered in scars from those failed attacks by villagers who were killed by me.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15262 on: August 02, 2018, 09:18:09 am »

How to play Peasant Golf:

1) Find a well.

2) Find a peasant. The farther the better, but not too far.

3) Strangle the peasant's throat once so he/she passes out.

4) Jump into the peasant to move it towards the well. The randomness of its trajectory adds some challenge.

5) You win if you drown the peasant by launching it into the well.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15263 on: August 02, 2018, 04:19:55 pm »

congratz, unless the curse is modded you will fail at 20% of shit you do

Thanks. I did read about the mummies before I went in the tomb, not sure if the curse even had any effect on my adventurer as I seem to be able to do stuff just as well as before the tomb and bogeymen tend to always dodge most of the attacks despite the overpowered nature of my character(s)/creature(s). Even with an eldritch OP artifact two-handed broadsword the bogeyman can somehow dodge it, fought many of them in the previous world on my way to a dark fort with it. Ought to look at some point into how to decrease their ability to dodge my weapon for curiosity and for some modding fun.

Yikes, I seemed quite toxic in my last post, emphasis on 'seemed' though because I was merely having an half-awake day and most of what I did in the game is a blur. I am glad that I updated to 44.12 as traveling isn't as frustrating anymore now that most rivers can be crossed over without leaving the map travel screen every single time when there is/was a river. In this new world I'm now playing in has only one draenei civ so my character is kinda forced to go there to help them out and make sure they have a chance in the world.

How to play Peasant Golf:

1) Find a well.

2) Find a peasant. The farther the better, but not too far.

3) Strangle the peasant's throat once so he/she passes out.

4) Jump into the peasant to move it towards the well. The randomness of its trajectory adds some challenge.

5) You win if you drown the peasant by launching it into the well.

Read it twice to make sure I understood what I read.. burst out laughing after second read. Definitely gonna try it at some point as the hilarity value alone is worth the effort.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15264 on: August 02, 2018, 05:01:30 pm »

I actually did that to get hold of an artifact a dwarf in a fortress had on em without starting a fight. It was a fort with an open spiral ramp, so he fell all the way to the magma sea and died in an explosion of body parts. Loads of fun, had to do it a few more times.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #15265 on: August 03, 2018, 06:56:41 am »

My elephant man adventurer, in his bid to prove himself the strongest creature on the planet, proceeded to take on a necromancer fort.

I've never actually cleared one of those before, and one-shotting each of the zombies with punches was hilarious. It was a simple matter of stomping the necromancer's spines in once all the undead were collapsed. Pity my guy doesn't know how to read.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15266 on: August 03, 2018, 09:29:09 am »

Yeah, with ZM5's Reign of Armok the variety of necromancers is enough to have fun encounters even in my 17-year old world as I stumbled upon a blood elf pyromancer who's living in a civ of blood elves. It's hilarious to see the pyromancer fire at me a bunch of boiling metals and only succeed in killing his/her own kinsmen in the process, to make matters worse that pyromancer doesn't mind raising his/her fellow kinsmen's burnt skeletons after unintentionally killing them.

I wanna make that pyromancer chase me around so he/she could unintentionally wipe out his/her own kinsmen with fire magic, thus rendering the civ dead. At least the deaths of those blood elves won't be on my adventurer's conscience who is of course immune to fire and poison.

edit: Ohh, mwhahah. Pyromancer has/had an artifact kimberlite slab that teaches the art of pyromancery and my immortal mutant draenei is able to read it and learn its secrets. You couldn't do that a few couple of versions back with an immortal character. This is awesome! 8)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 10:26:26 pm by Droggarth »

Amorphage

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_HATEABLE] [FANCIFUL] [SLOW_LEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15267 on: August 04, 2018, 02:05:26 pm »

Found an area as my grizzly bear lady that appeared to be a Goblin Pit that had been completely overrun by the elves, up to being called a 'Forest Retreat' instead of a pit like it really obviously was.

Found what appeared to be remnants of the goblin forces hiding in the trenches, but they attacked me on sight (presumably due to being part of the same Elf civ?), which is a bad thing on account of my grizzly bear lady being horrified every single time she lightly punches them to try and get them to yield and their heads proceed to explode into gore.
Tragic.
On the bright side, I found a named item called 'The Putrid Temple' on one of them, a dwarf bone bracelet.

5crownik007

• Bay Watcher
  • 5crownik007 cancels Homework, playing Dwarf Fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #15268 on: August 08, 2018, 04:53:29 am »

The Lord Thefin Itvidshibbi Bengelshato was once an adventurer, like you. He wears his wounds as a mark of honour, and as a warning to any would be adventurers. His left ear is gone, and both of his arms bear very long straight scars. He has completely lost his ability to grasp, and retired into lordship. Now he rules Jawbears, a small hamlet, which he defended from goblin raids for so long that his arms stopped working. Now he commands Isman Ulcoarul, a crow man bowman.
https://i.gyazo.com/a2e73b4fe5612640aacbe46cb4c78740.gif
The Soviet invasion of the Reich fort in arena. Soviets won despite... that.
---------------------------
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #15269 on: August 08, 2018, 08:51:23 am »

Now there's a fight you don't see every day.

This happened on the outskirts of a large town (nowhere near the pole I might add). There were also a handful of "recruits" standing nearby, watching. After I had dealt with both foes, I talked to them: they said they were "soldiers" but none of them had any weapons or armor. I checked up on them in Legends, but (aside from the fact that three of them were closely related) there was nothing special about them. When I left town they followed me for a little ways before moving off to parts unknown.

Also, a discovery (for me at least) about identities: if you kill something/one (in my case a roc) while under an assumed name, and then later under your real name talk about it, no one attributes the kill to you. I told everyone that I had killed the roc, but no one greeted me as a legendary hero. However, when I told them that I had killed the above-mentioned night creature (which I did under my true name) they all called me "brave."
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)
Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 ... 1103