Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994793 times)

Dragonunion

• Bay Watcher
  • ... challenging the monsters of the depths
    • View Profile
Re: She agreed
« Reply #15270 on: August 08, 2018, 11:16:16 am »

After a fight I talked to her about Power. Before she died she agreed and tragically died of her wounds. That's Hollywood Timing 8)
This game creates so nice stories.
The old apple revels in its authority.

Amorphage

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_HATEABLE] [FANCIFUL] [SLOW_LEARNER]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15271 on: August 08, 2018, 10:04:42 pm »

Currently playing a Mothman adventurer who has survived a lot more stuff than he reasonably should have (got attacked by small armies/skirmishing parties(?) for some reason after killing a bandit, with one instance involving a Master Crossbowman(?) constantly firing at him from an unknown location, a Master Lasher, and a Master Maceman, equipped with literally no armor but some shields), and recently-ish entered a town named 'Thrownbalance'.

It lived up to its name.
Within a couple seconds of being in the town, I found out that the place was an utter mess, with several half-crumbled taverns and stores, dead animal men in the sewers, and worst of all, several distinct types of night trolls coming to the city nightly from what appears to be miles away just to prey on everyone, and possibly some living in those same sewers.
I found about the LATTER fact by being stopped during fast travel only to search around for what caused me to stop traveling, only to proceed to find a mutilated pig corpse in the street.

I then had to follow the trail, finding more and more slaughtered animals before getting frustrated and flying around. I found the first of the night creatures, who appeared to have crawled up the side of the castle to beat a castle guard to death with an artifact that was essentially a stone xylophone. I killed the beast in one shot only to see another night creature, this one half-dead, on the ground next to some books, which I then found had also been used to beat people and animals to death, including aforementioned mutilated pig. This night creature was also covered in several other night troll's blood.

I spent several nights trying to handle this mess, and almost every night there were at least three or four night trolls prowling the street, and almost every time at least one would either climb the castle or somehow make its way inside and kill several guards horribly.

One night, a night troll tried to kill a human swordsman who had fallen asleep in the market, and due to my character being injured (carving knife to my foot back when i killed those small armies the one time I failed to block or dodge, not a pleasant time), it took a good 15 minutes in real time to finally find where the battle was happening, and I found the poor lady.

... The night troll was trying to beat her to death with a sock, so thankfully the poor girl made an absolutely stunning recovery after I handled the mess.

There are also apparently several trolls of the regular sort who try to kill people here, but they seem to get killed by the night trolls when they try to cause trouble, so that's... nice, I guess.

... God I wish I had all the screenshots, but honestly I was so flabbergasted by this hell of a town that I completely forgot except to grab the fact that one of the proprietors of one of the partially collapsed taverns was a sweetheart who gave me free drinks and a room for killing the monsters.

Amorphage

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_HATEABLE] [FANCIFUL] [SLOW_LEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15272 on: August 08, 2018, 11:52:27 pm »

So. Uh.
I went back to my hometown which I fled after they sent the army after me for killing some rando bandit chief and uh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
... There's a couple of other 'people' in this army set against me and I... Is that normal?
Please note that I'm playing an unmodded version of dwarf fortress asides from standard newb/PE starter pack stuff.
Also, very rude.
This time, thankfully, they seem to not want to kill me... possibly on account of all the monsters I've killed? Or maybe that one time was a fluke.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:12:25 am by Amorphage »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15273 on: August 10, 2018, 03:57:23 am »

Playing as a cat bent on annihilating all non-cat life. Because the thought of an entire world being murdered by a cat is hilarious.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:58:59 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15274 on: August 10, 2018, 01:38:34 pm »

So. Uh.
I went back to my hometown which I fled after they sent the army after me for killing some rando bandit chief and uh.
... There's a couple of other 'people' in this army set against me and I... Is that normal?
Please note that I'm playing an unmodded version of dwarf fortress asides from standard newb/PE starter pack stuff.
Also, very rude.
This time, thankfully, they seem to not want to kill me... possibly on account of all the monsters I've killed? Or maybe that one time was a fluke.
After you die/retire, look up that monster in legends mode.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15275 on: August 14, 2018, 02:36:42 am »

I became a vampire and now I'm making people drink alcohol until they die and also sometimes telling stories. I'm planning to make a vampire coven and make a base for the coven in a reanimating evil biome because IT'S COOL.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #15276 on: August 27, 2018, 07:32:02 pm »

I was hunting a vampire, who happened to be a somewhat scorpion-like critter with a better top speed than my adventurer, and also a coward.  Every time I tracked her down in travel mode, she immediately ran away.  I'd either try to rush her and get outdistanced, or take a shot at her with my crossbow and missed.  Couldn't sneak up on her, because of course she could sense my blood.  Finally I came out of travel right next to her and managed to snag her with one tentacle before she could take off.  She couldn't get free, so it was all over but the knifework.  One of my allies got the killing blow with a hammer.

Unfortunately, all of her blood vanished when she died, so I failed to collect a sample for research.  I'm not sure which of my modded vampire varieties she was - I should probably make them easier to identify until I'm done testing them.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15277 on: August 27, 2018, 09:13:57 pm »

I was hunting a vampire, who happened to be a somewhat scorpion-like critter with a better top speed than my adventurer, and also a coward.  Every time I tracked her down in travel mode, she immediately ran away.  I'd either try to rush her and get outdistanced, or take a shot at her with my crossbow and missed.  Couldn't sneak up on her, because of course she could sense my blood.  Finally I came out of travel right next to her and managed to snag her with one tentacle before she could take off.  She couldn't get free, so it was all over but the knifework.  One of my allies got the killing blow with a hammer.

Unfortunately, all of her blood vanished when she died, so I failed to collect a sample for research.  I'm not sure which of my modded vampire varieties she was - I should probably make them easier to identify until I'm done testing them.

Arena mode is for testing. USE IT!
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15278 on: August 27, 2018, 09:48:17 pm »

After some more casual mindless butchering of the Horde races I've managed the notice just how ripe this current game world of mine is for a more proper RPG action run. There's just enough nearby potential for my style of awesome and it is because of this that I (re)created my mutant draenei with more appropriate personality and name. Even got the proverbial RNG dice roll in my favor with least amount of time for once with appearance description and even got adventurer's right hand as main hand which is my preferred character trait of sorts.

Time to get to know some gnolls of Pulppassionate hamlet and then go to Reasonjail, a hamlet of the blood elves (where the pyromancer was, IIRC) where I can do some purging.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 09:51:01 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #15279 on: August 27, 2018, 10:02:34 pm »

I've never actually tried clearing a vault before. This is some of the most fun combat I've had in a while, even though I'm savescumming.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15280 on: August 27, 2018, 10:59:54 pm »

I've never actually tried clearing a vault before. This is some of the most fun combat I've had in a while, even though I'm savescumming.

I WANT to try to clear a vault but I CAN'T FIND ONE.

Naga/Lamia race

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #15281 on: August 27, 2018, 11:13:19 pm »

I just used Legends Viewer.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
« Reply #15282 on: August 28, 2018, 01:15:06 pm »

I just used Legends Viewer.

Alternatively, you can ask people about the surrounding area when you visit a site (if you want to waste an entire day irl) provided that you know the names of the vaults from legends. You can also start a new game as an outsider and vaults will be included in your starting locations.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15283 on: August 28, 2018, 02:01:26 pm »

Currently screwing around in putnam's Dragonball mod, and in a bored stupor been doing pretty much nothing but this all the time.

then realized oh uhh mixing this mod with mine lead to some funny side effects with ambushes

some how I guess the game mod has flying enemies ambush you in the air, but since some of the animals don't have flying they just plummet into the ground.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15284 on: August 28, 2018, 04:51:01 pm »

some how I guess the game mod has flying enemies ambush you in the air, but since some of the animals don't have flying they just plummet into the ground.
Orbital Drop Shock Cavalry. Just add parachutes!

>Free Room and Beer

Were I so lucky. There's two inns in the city I've been running around in, one being the home of the local crime boss and his guards, which sounds like a good way to get murdered in my sleep, and the other charges 100 a night for rooms. What is this, Manhattan? I think I'll just build a shack on the edge of town and try my luck with that.
I'm the hearthperson to the city's lord, so you would think he would allow me to sleep in the keep, but no. God forbid he keep the most effective guy on his payroll or anything at arm's length, but he's obviously perfectly safe with only a bowdwarf, an elf that refuses to wear clothes, and his knife-happy wife serving as bodyguards.
Nonplussed as I am, I feel like I'm dodging a bullet bolt by getting kicked out; the keep is that one-room affair you'll usually see, with the staircase to the catacombs right next to the throne. Considering my first act as hearthperson was saving my liege from a giant salwater crocodile that dragged itself up from that hole in the floor moments after I started up, not sleeping there sounds like a smart idea.

On a related note: Bone carving and butchery are real cash cows. That giant crocodile I killed out of the starting gate yielded enough meat to feed the city for month, and there were enough giant saltwater crocodile bone figurines commemorating the event at the end of it clean out two bone carver's shops. The hardest part of it all was lugging it away to someone who would actually buy it. Good thing there was a bone carver and food imports right next door.
Once I sold everything off I had enough dosh to buy a full suit of armor, with enough left over to afford that 100/night room for a week or two. I refuse on principle, but I could. The best part is there's supposed three other salties terrorizing the city, so if I don't get eaten or die of old age trying to haul the spoils away I stand to be the richest guy in the world.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 04:59:12 pm by Blastbeard »
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.
Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 ... 1103