Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1026 1027 [1028] 1029 1030 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2015103 times)

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15405 on: January 29, 2019, 01:24:01 pm »

Used a cooking mod to make spleen-filled donuts
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15406 on: January 31, 2019, 02:24:12 pm »

Assuming the identity of a prophet lets you prophesize.

Doesn't seem to do much, but its pretty funny to have your adventurer say ominous stuff at a whim.

I have updated the wiki page on prophets to mention this, i used your screenshots as example images if thats okay.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #15407 on: January 31, 2019, 03:55:51 pm »

That's fine with me.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15408 on: January 31, 2019, 11:49:40 pm »

Traveling near the coast, after fleeing a black bear and a pack of wolves the previous day (unless your charatcer's food/stat hungry or a murderous sort, why kill the forest critters?), Imush begins the morning with over-hydration.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Vomiting, he drops one of this books. Ah, clumsy spam fingers. Imush backtracks and somehow remembers the tree he slept in, looking for white scroll against green twigs in the z-level viewer.

When Imush reaches the lair of cyclops Onget Zephyrgranite the Brown Justice, he finds her a few tiles from the entrance, 1 z-level down, facing away. Why most vision cone semimegabeasts and megas enjoy staring away from oncoming pathing/entryway, immersed in their own interior life, is gameplay weird. But then who stares at the front door to their home?
Imush opens with arrows from the surface. It's a fairly safe choice as Imush is standing on undergrowth, orthagonal to a tree, which sets his visual stealth at good. Optimally as a shooter he could have waited for nightfall for to reach great-to-fantastic visual stealth. A cyclops only has 2-4 tile vision inside its lair and even if facing Imush, would need better visual rolls against level 6 ambusher.

Imush hopes to ground Onget so he can have 3 actions for every action she receives (Imush's 1.000 walking speed versus something more towards Onget 's 0.323 ground speed) and double momentum off standing attacks versus a grounded target. All ranged attacks miss because Onget is not quite in the line of sight for any of that and Imush has low skill levels for bow and throwing.

When it comes to novice skill characters running first fight vanilla DF melee combat against the no-skill semimegabeast of cyclops/ettin/giant variety, there's the plucky civ-peasant with novice shield who can manage consistently successful roll-to-block and run recovery combat, or the outsider peasant who will only have novice fighter/observer/dodger and probably shouldn't.
As an outsider peasant, with his rolls buffed from Focused!, Imush pulls Onget out of her lair with the multi-attack combination of quick-attack + (manual/directional) dodge away. On the surface he's free to outfight off the backfoot to safely get that needed grounding hit to her leg or foot.

The landed leg/foot shots are weak. With above average strength, Imush should have used the large copper dagger with its 5 contact area stab, instead of the roleplay-ish iron (short) sword with its 50 contact area stab. Still, Beowulf might be proud. Probably not as Beowulf would have started at High Strength with the other physical attributes at above average (esp. endurance) *and* used the copper dagger. There are enough misses to advance swordsdwarf from dabbling to almost novice before he gets his grounding shot due to OP force transfer.
Once Onget is grounded and no longer charge-to-stun dangerous, Imush takes any good stab, but really wants lower body shots. If he can cause nausea's 50% debuff, he can somewhat safely use dabbling shield user and slap on a few grabs prevent to her from rolling away.
All the roadwork which brought his endurance to high/superior pays off as Imush out-cardios Onget, leading to a throat slash and a chokehold.

Hype aside, the basic level one novice skill bandit has a better roll-to-hit chance against your character in a very first fight scenario than the cyclops/ettin/giant, as that's novice NPC vs novice PC as opposed to big dabbling NPC lummox vs novice PC.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15409 on: February 01, 2019, 11:34:43 pm »

today kadol discovered that kobold cave weapon traps can be properly disarmed using advfort's Remove Building function, but her companionsidiots still all got themselves killed by other ones while she was working through them. interesting to note that all the traps' weapons were covered in one venom or another

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15410 on: February 03, 2019, 04:36:55 pm »

I just accidentally awoke a mummy in a  dungeon under a city.
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15411 on: February 03, 2019, 04:54:36 pm »

And i died to the mummy, rip Magnus Burnsides
I am an indie game dev!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15412 on: February 03, 2019, 05:30:09 pm »

Jesus, 2025? That worldgen's gotta be nuts.

Or mostly dead, either or.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15413 on: February 03, 2019, 05:44:37 pm »

Honestly my PC is probably way too slow to handle a world with that much history. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15414 on: February 03, 2019, 05:56:27 pm »

Jesus, 2025? That worldgen's gotta be nuts.

Or mostly dead, either or.

Its nuts. But it actually runs fine on my computer. (its also a large world :P )
I am an indie game dev!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15415 on: February 03, 2019, 06:51:46 pm »

Just successfully overthrew the elf lord of the town I'm currently staying in and became its new ruler. Did I mention this came about from me accidentally selecting "ask listener to join in an insurrection" from conversation options in a tavern and just deciding to roll with it after the listener agreed? :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15416 on: February 03, 2019, 08:13:41 pm »

So i gave a tavern keeper an arrtifact and now they owe me money, im not sure how to get that money.

I am an indie game dev!

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15417 on: February 03, 2019, 09:16:43 pm »

when you leave the trade screen they will settle the debt by giving you coins (if they have coins)

or, you can stay in the trade screen and trade items from them to reduce the debt

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #15418 on: February 03, 2019, 09:18:44 pm »

when you leave the trade screen they will settle the debt by giving you coins (if they have coins)

or, you can stay in the trade screen and trade items from them to reduce the debt

They did not do that, but it turns out if you order drinks and such it reduces the debt the tavern keeper owes you, which makes sense.
I am an indie game dev!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #15419 on: February 04, 2019, 07:03:44 am »

So the tavern keeper has a tab... with you?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1026 1027 [1028] 1029 1030 ... 1103