Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2015033 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15720 on: October 30, 2019, 12:27:46 pm »

from my understanding on that DF sites produces inhabitants that are quickly made and don't really have any historical figure... until something causes that to happen like talking to them.
I don't know the whole 'fortress mode' bit given one can completely raze a site and turn it into a ruin.
but it could also be a case of those not having historical figures means if they die the game doesn't save their deaths as anything meaningful and just replace them for later. probably drop the population number down a bit. also there a chance the site is set up to spawn units in certain locals or buildings

ok had to test this but it seems like the game for some unknown reason has a inhabitant cap that refills itself to this cap if any of the inhabitants suddenly die. so learning from this I can just say the game when the adventurer first shows up has to spawn in a bunch of npc like inhabitants and tie both of them(or just the historical figures) to the adventurer historical figure, then when ever the adventurer ever visits a new never been visited before site the new site pulls from their historical figure pool and their 'count' of inhabitants to pad out the buildings and locale and if said locals get murdered the site replaces them with new ones when/if the player decides to return. 

so to make sense of all this in a layman way, Sites are alive and probably use their life force to produce inhabitants.

also this means necrotowers are Sites that learn necromancy and are spawning/raising in the zombies themselves and not the necromancers living inside the tower.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15721 on: October 30, 2019, 12:35:47 pm »

also this means necrotowers are Sites that learn necromancy and are spawning/raising in the zombies themselves and not the necromancers living inside the tower.
Do they also spawn the necromancers, or do necromancers have to be Historical figures?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #15722 on: October 30, 2019, 01:03:51 pm »

Necromancers are historical figures by default, so if they die they're gone forever. Zombie supply seems to be abstracted similarly to site pets so that'd be why removing the entire tower's population of zombies would still cause them to return after fast travel (aside from the zombies that are labeled as something like "Urist McHistfig Corpse", those do not return from what I've noticed).

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15723 on: October 30, 2019, 01:15:22 pm »

So if the necromancer is killed, zombies continue to be there?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #15724 on: October 30, 2019, 01:33:44 pm »

Yeah, even if you kill all necromancers in a tower (admittedly they're not even that hostile, they have normal jobs like "brewer" or "woodcutter" - I think Rum put it best on the discord as the necros just being a "nerds book club" rather than neccesarily some villainous group) the zombies still remain on the site.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15725 on: October 30, 2019, 02:56:38 pm »

I think the villains update will change the "inoffensive book club" status of necromancers, the most powerful/ambitious ones anyway.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15726 on: October 30, 2019, 05:13:28 pm »

I think the villains update will change the "inoffensive book club" status of necromancers, the most powerful/ambitious ones anyway.
personally really like the goth library setting of the current necromancers given that those sites are like fortresses and you have Bandit necromancers who take their talents and go on massive undead raids.  also necromancers being historical figures who seek out immortality kinda build sites following the original figure's entity's ethics like a dwarf necromancers makes a site that follows Dwarven rules and teachings... on top of being a necromancer learning the secret of life and death.

I also figure necromancers just reanimate corpses that have no clothes or armor while the Necrosite with mastery of the inhabitant crafting knowledge can infuse the regular peasants to be armored undead. this set up allows the necromancers to achieve immortality and keeps them safe from outside harm, and a site learns dark arts to create a unit that has no historical value* and no soul.
though this does mean to destroy a necrotower one has to send a fort mode raiding party to raze it or do that depopulation of a site bit.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #15727 on: November 02, 2019, 11:22:45 am »

Sure have been having a strange adventure. I wandered from my night elven home far to the north, reaching Shokan and Deadkin civs. In one hamlet I was surrounded by a large force of deadkin - presumably bandits or insurgents as they lacked metal armor. However they didn't attack or even demand for me to drop things, instead a hammerman (I'd guess their leader) kept repeatedly going "Hey Alia." and following me with his group.

In another town, I was talking with a high priest, when suddenly a bunch of hostile deadkin pop up and start attacking both my group and the priest. Managed to drove them off, but it was complete chaos for a while. Then I walked a bit outside and came across a friendly deadkin fighting a notable thunder lizard - she got her head chomped off for her efforts. I did finish off the lizard and made a poncho out of its scales (decorated it with its teeth and bones too - named it "Stormguard" cause why not). Took the deadkin's sword and helmet too.

Gained biomancer powers after killing a lone biomancer in a camp. That proved to be handy for the next segment - I found a camp called "Boatworld" (definitely a name I'm keeping for a DND settlement name) where a large band of Drowned (from Darkest Dungeon) dwelled. My party, consisting of a blood elf, a demonic homunculus and an artificial drakonid, got pretty banged up during the ensuing fight. The blood elf ran directly into the main body of the drowned group and even got the attention of their boss, before getting his shit kicked in pretty hard (lost his buckler somewhere, couldnt find it so I made a shield for him later). The homunculus died, pretty much eaten alive by the drowned wrestlers who bit into his head and other limbs and tore him apart. While we killed all of the drowned, it was a fairly big loss since he proved himself to be useful.

Shortly thereafter the blood elf was killed with a single punch from a wild ice devil. Perhaps a bit of karma for his stupidity. Still, the pattern of the dwindling party has already been settled, so I'm guessing Gorash the drakonid is gonna die sometime soon as well.

Travelling further north, close to the northern glaciers, I encountered a labyrinth - given its inhabitant it was possible the worst place to go as a toned night elven amazon. Having no notable kills, it wasn't much of a difficult foe - Gorash killed it, sustaining some minor injuries while also getting an infection from the thing's fluids.