Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2020547 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15780 on: January 10, 2020, 11:39:39 am »

Basically I want to run Fellowship-type party containing members of most of the civilized races in the game. Also it's less that I don't think current worldgens will be transferable and more that I've just gotten bored with the current release and don't really feel any need to play adventure mode again until the update.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15781 on: January 10, 2020, 12:45:03 pm »

Had a rousing adventure hunting minor night creatures. Found a blind cave ogre while I was in the woods, apparently had killed some rat man in the caverns while I'd passed through earlier, and became a named wandering creature. Added that to my list.

Then found a rodent man wandering around on the surface, with fungiwood shield and spear. Nicknamed him Carlos and after telling him about all my glorious kills, recruited him. We also recruited a hammerman from a keep. Then we went on an expedition to kill a wereserpent.

It failed. Turns out there were two of the beasts, and being as I didn't possess weapons of the proper materials, it proved impossible to kill them. I was quickly overwhelmed and killed. Carlos and the other guy held back and were fine when I quit.

Started another adventurer, trained to legendary in all basic skills, tried to take them on again. Same result. Carlos and the other guy died this time while I failed utterly to stop the beasts' onslaught. They turned on me, mangling a leg and an arm, ripping the other hand off. I crawled away as fast as possible and just barely escaped over a hill. Returning to the nearest Hamlet, I informed them of Carlo's death. They didn't seem to care. I borrowed a crutch, a silver halberd, traded for some magic implements, and set out to learn about magic to regrow my hand and restore my leg.

The leg was ultimately fixed, but a limb lost to a historical figure, even if regrown after a transformation, will apparently be severed once more. I dropped a nice two handed sword in the woods without noticing because of that.

I and two new companions borrowed from a lead ball set out in the opposite direction to continue killing some beasts before tackling the dread Fear Liath, hopefully with a larger party. But we come upon a cave, I have to explore. Turns out it's full of a goblin tribe. We explore it without incident until we enter the beast pens. There we are swarmed by giant cave spiders, and despite one-shotting them left and right I cannot save my companions yet again. I flee, but en route to the nearest hillock I am ambushed by soldiers from the tribe, come to teach me a lesson. I kill them all one by one without mercy, removing limbs, heads, guts, by this point so skilled only a handful of the hundred blows are actually blocked or dodged. I captured one guy, broke all his limbs because he wouldn't yield, and forced him to listen to my tyrade about how great (murderous) I was, so he'd go tell his friends.

Then I set out to squash a few beasts. Zombie vampire bats are actually quite tough. One of them even managed to bite me. Think I got vampirism after that because all the other undead were ignoring me. Said fuck it to picking a fight with a zombie wereserpent. Murdered a whole family of gorophiles. Tough, but not untouchable.

Then I had the great idea of taking on a single, normal wereserpent. Lost. Theyre supposed to be weak to silver, but my blows did no more than a bronze sword could. It grabbed me by my helmet first move, had to jump away to avoid having my neck snapped. It turned out to be a bad idea to disable it's tail and drop the helmet, because it immediately switched back to biting, and tore me to pieces in just a few short moves.

So I did nerf wereserpents just a bit.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15782 on: January 10, 2020, 01:16:28 pm »

Well i am a dwarf in a Young world coming from templetowns the cultural Capital of the world. I want to wrote music Put IT on quires kill beasts and becomes a true legend. So dar i have killed Cougars and elephants and writtten some Mad music

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #15783 on: January 12, 2020, 04:34:50 pm »

I am currently adventuring as a Tulmanian(brown skinned humans) swordsman named ebka who had left his home  village  in  the year of 101 inorder to bring an end to elven  rule, who had pillaged his people villages and eaten their people like animals. So ebka sought out to gain power and allies. Ebka found a tower where an urkhon(four arm grey skin people) taught him secrets of darkness and chaos. The urkhon who was kind and understood  Ebka purpose very well since the urkhon's people as well were attacked by elves. Then Ebka found another tower, but the Tulmanian female who owned the tower was not going to teach him the secrets of Earth and nature without proving himself that he was worthing so she summoned tree ents to attack him. 30 min later(real time)
Ebka deafeated them.  The Tulmanian women was pleased of ebka skills and Grant him the secrets of Earth and nature. Ebka continue further north to find saedrics(snowy elves) who have been at war with with forest elves since 95 he was told that most of them have been conquered the last of the rebellion are held in a camp. He asked for directions to the camp, I was given coordinate to it and went there.When he got there they immediately attacked him, but he was able to tell them why he was there stopping they violence. They were not trusting of Ebka words so they told him if he wish to prove himself and his intention he is to fight one of the armok  servents, Mido the elsyin spirit it had destroyed and eaten many of their people and said if he is able to defeat this elsyin spirit that they will follow him. So Ebka went to the freezing tundra to find this elsyin spirit. During his travel to his quest he was ambushed by polar bear men he killed all them and turned two of them into tree ent with his nature spells. He found the elsyin spirit  a giant naked elf like. Ebka's ents rushed in and got killed then the elsyin spirit charged at Ebka and Ebka slashed it's lower left leg and doge east the Elysian spirit  fell over  and after that it went down hill for the elsyin spirit. Ebka slashed and stab it and  it was unable to touch him eventually killing the elsyin spirit. Ebka wanted to turn it into an ent but it's body poofed only leaving behind some kind of gem so he took it and now  he is on his way to the camp to tell of his success.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #15784 on: January 12, 2020, 08:48:34 pm »

also screwing around with getting folks captured and raiding with companions. really open up Dwarf fortress for me, I think you can convert someone's alliance by enlisting them to your military even though they are part of an other faction's army.
Could you imagine causing a loyalty cascade in the middle of the town market? Inside a beer mound?
In a time before time, I had a name.

TeaAndRum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15785 on: January 14, 2020, 04:32:44 am »

Basically I want to run Fellowship-type party containing members of most of the civilized races in the game. Also it's less that I don't think current worldgens will be transferable and more that I've just gotten bored with the current release and don't really feel any need to play adventure mode again until the update.
Sound cool! There are races for Gimli, Legolas, and Aragorn, but you're going to need to mod in the hobbits. Are you going to get an artifact ring?

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15786 on: January 15, 2020, 04:02:32 pm »

Spoiler: Tonguemurder (click to show/hide)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15787 on: January 15, 2020, 09:07:19 pm »

Best. Weapon. Ever.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15788 on: January 17, 2020, 04:07:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well ended up getting a random fiend to become an expedition leader through hours of floating an adventurer to the dark depths and finding a fiend that couldn't fly so that I didn't die mid sentence and giving up the expedition leader role to them.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15789 on: January 17, 2020, 06:14:34 pm »

Your ungodly subversions of the natural order never cease to amaze me. :D
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15790 on: January 17, 2020, 11:22:42 pm »

Your ungodly subversions of the natural order never cease to amaze me. :D

so uhh was kinda in amazement the game let me do this as one the panda just walk off screen and fully join the fort once I got them the expedition leader title, and second I didn't let this bear to die on the way to the safe fort site as the fort I'm calling Hellmouth had hawk fiends mauling this bear when she zip herself to the surface.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

well after the angel stuff and finally getting a fort mode playable fiend I wonder if there's a title for projects that require heavy dedication of both adventure mode and Fort mode?
since what I did would seem disastrous for a 200 year in fort with a high population, and having to assign an adventurer to expedition leader status for the plan of giving it away several Zlevels deep seems like if you whiff the pass off or find a non talking fiend and then die from the attacks that's 2 weeks of an adventurer gone and how many days for the site to appoint another expedition leader to set this up again.

edit: like to point out again this was done in vanilla so it's possible to get one for a player's fort.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 11:48:10 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15791 on: January 18, 2020, 06:33:03 am »

Some revolutionary things going on here, how much longer until you've got an entire civ made of demons and stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15792 on: January 18, 2020, 08:39:46 am »

How does one give expedition leader titles to other entities?

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #15793 on: January 18, 2020, 09:56:04 am »

well after the angel stuff and finally getting a fort mode playable fiend I wonder if there's a title for projects that require heavy dedication of both adventure mode and Fort mode?
I've been nicknaming this (or in general DF features that only seem possible by switching between fort and adventure mode a lot) 'hybrid play'.

How does one give expedition leader titles to other entities?
I think this is the order of actions...

• Made a fort.
  • Retired.
  • Made a (flying) adventurer.
  • Went to retired fort.
  • Smooched up to militia commander by giving them named trinkets, then asked to become a member of the militia
  • Retired adventurer
  • Un-retired fort.
  • Made adventurer, who is now part of the fort, the expedition leader
  • retired fort (?)
  • Took adventurer down to the underworld via, I guess a cave, but it might also be via a dark fortress or just breaching the hfs, looking for a demon
  • Smooched up to demon, via I guess trinkets?, asked them to become a militia commander.
  • Brought them back to fort
  • Unretired fort
  • Made demon an expedition leader

I happen to know 5 can also be replaced by playing the fort until it gets holdings and retiring your adventurer at one of those, but that takes a bit more time in fort mode, and the more time you spend in fort mode, the more the unretire bugs become obvious.

Hm... maybe we should make a wiki page called 'hybrid play' or something and document this type of stuff.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15794 on: January 18, 2020, 10:29:54 am »

What kind of bugs happen in retired fortresses? I guess this would be better placed in the forts section but it tangentially relates to the current line of thiught
Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 ... 1104