Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2015647 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15825 on: January 30, 2020, 10:50:57 am »

Started in a Tower. Part of a human civ. On the outside so I had to throw myself off to actually start playing.
Survived due to being a large beast of some kind. The Ringleader of this small Tower population is another kind of night creature. Seems this is where the humans put all the weirdos.
Wandered over to the local village. All failed experiments. Not a human in sight. Very interesting. I guess we all came from the Tower originally before whatever happened to the Necromancer and his zombies happened.
Was this vanilla?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15826 on: January 30, 2020, 12:02:11 pm »

I had butchered my way through tens of failed experiments, giants, criminals and creatures of the night. I could comfortably take on squads of people alone, and I was about to hit big. Beatings and terrorizing the locals had revealed to me a complex web of plots, and there was a gigantic city to the southwest where things seemed to connect. Fearing nothing, I headed to it. VIewer, prepare yourself. You are in for a hell of a story.

Spoiler: WARNING: HUGE (click to show/hide)
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #15827 on: January 30, 2020, 12:09:50 pm »

Started a human peasant trader on a small world after 150 years, decided to start on what seemed to be the human capital, was wondering how the "several hundred" people living there would be for performance on that new version.
After lagging walking around a lot i understood that no it's not better than past version, it is still horrible performance in those very populated site conditions, sad as it looked rather developped.

So i ditched the world and decided to make a 50 years tiny world to test things.
Started in a fort as a peasant heartperson (that job does not seem to give any skill bonus), traveled to a town that had a +/- hundred people living there, no performance problem at all in this one, good. Talking around to see if someone wanted to join my character and his ram (was sad that it didn't had a [MOUNT] tag, would have been fun charing enemies on a ram) night was coming while my guy was drinking from a well talking to the folks already there.
Sleep went well in a house and my character saw in his dream a vision of something moving during the night on the south part of the town.

Dawn arrived, and my guy travelled south with his ram, discovered a lair there, interesting so the visions were right that something was moving around the place.
Entered a dark tunnel and started to hear noise behind the door at the end of it.

My character entered bravely and soon enough a troll spouse rushed in there with a knife in her hand asking me to yield for some reason.
Battle wasn't going bad as despite his low skills my guy managed to parry every knife strikes, and at some point even managed to use his copper sword to disarm the troll spouse.
I thought things were going to end nice but after a nasty kick in my character shoulder the troll spouse started to jump everywhere (considering how rather cramped and tight that small room was it would have certainly been funny looking), dodging every single sword slashes as if she was some kind of super ninja.

After another kick i decided the situation was becoming too dangerous for my low skilled character so i changed the speed to sprint and ran up the tunnel, past my ram that had been completely uselessly waiting behind the door instead of helping his master, i hope that's not a ultra-passive thing again.
So it's without a remorse that my guy decided to not go back to help the ram when the troll spouse catched up to him or at least see if the ram wasn't bugged into a passive stance.

Entered in the nearby fort in which i told about the situation only to hear variant of the usual "it was inevitable" , meaning none is caring that there's a murderous troll spouse lair right south of the location ... i started to loot the items found there, 2 iron high boots, an iron shield and an iron helm, wish they had more armor items, but hopefully it will be enough for round 2 when i'll go back ... if i find someone to help as peasant have it hard to attract adventure companions :D

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15828 on: January 30, 2020, 01:30:29 pm »

so there's now a novelty of having bogeymen companions, as they poof into animals when scared.

this is Rovod one of the 2 companions in the 4 party group.

the party is made up of a Giant cave spider name Goce Omodof, a brown recluse spiderwoman named kubuk, and Gintar a greenglass rawripped angel from the previous patch.

so far the goal of this group is to get rovod to turn into an animal to pet them, and uhh hmm idunno build a rad camp base or something?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15829 on: January 30, 2020, 02:00:55 pm »

Do bogeyanimals poof back into bogeyman eventualy?
And if so, what happens if someone happens to be riding them at the time?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15830 on: January 30, 2020, 04:52:30 pm »

Do bogeyanimals poof back into bogeyman eventualy?
And if so, what happens if someone happens to be riding them at the time?
I think it may depend on the world, but :
[INTERACTION:BOGEYMAN_POLYMORPH] [GENERATED] [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION] [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE] [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE] [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
 [IE_TARGET:A] [IE_IMMEDIATE]
 [SYNDROME]  [SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:1000:0]D [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:PEAK:0:END:5:ABRUPT:DWF_STRETCH:144]' [CE:FORBIDDEN_CREATURE_FLAG:SMALL_RACE]' [CE:CREATURE_CASTE_FLAG:LARGE_PREDATOR]' [CE:CREATURE_CASTE_FLAG:NATURAL_ANIMAL]5 [CE:FORBIDDEN_CREATURE_CASTE_FLAG:CANNOT_BREATHE_AIR]0 [CE:FORBIDDEN_CREATURE_CASTE_FLAG:IMMOBILE_LAND], [CE:FORBIDDEN_CREATURE_CASTE_FLAG:CAN_LEARN], [CE:FORBIDDEN_CREATURE_CASTE_FLAG:MEGABEAST]0 [CE:FORBIDDEN_CREATURE_CASTE_FLAG:SEMIMEGABEAST]( [CE:FORBIDDEN_CREATURE_CASTE_FLAG:TITAN]( [CE:FORBIDDEN_CREATURE_CASTE_FLAG:DEMON]/ [CE:FORBIDDEN_CREATURE_CASTE_FLAG:UNIQUE_DEMON]/ [CE:FORBIDDEN_CREATURE_CASTE_FLAG:SUPERNATURAL]A [CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:START:0:PEAK:0:END:5:ABRUPT:DWF_STRETCH:144]!    interaction_layer
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #15831 on: January 30, 2020, 05:04:55 pm »

Before resuming my character troll hunting, i sent him to talk around in town and try to have someone, anyone please willing to join him.
But none did, yeah peasants start are sure repulsive to town people :D

Anyways while talking to an armorer, he told me that he loved brawling.

So a bit disapointed by my guy severe lack of people convincing skills, i thought "hey why not" and started a fist fight with the armorer.

Armorer that proved to be really good at it as while my character never landed a single punch or kick (he had no skill in that but still i hoped at least 1 lucky hit), nearly all the armorer punches landed.
So as my character was very badly wounded (and couldn't even use one of his arm anymore) and the armorer seemed to like brawling way too much (so he never wanted to stop), my guy had no other choice to take his copper short sword and try a slash (and missed), resulting in the armorer yielding immediately.

After getting him to put his knife down (as he took his knife once he noticed i took my sword), he ran away with a spam of "i must withdraw!" in the message log.

Decided to go walk in a nearby house to sleep the wounds away, but before managing to enter the house
The armorer Ceshshed Zangurthixil: I must withdraw!
High-cheekbones tanner (to low-eyebrows bookbinder): ... and the goblin said, "Are you going to eat that?"
High-cheekbones tanner (to low-eyebrows bookbinder): So, the spider monkey and the rhesus macaque men...
You have suffocated.

Man, what a stupid way to go :D

Decided to create a human outsider , demigod this time instead of peasant, to hunt the troll but the game refuse to let me do that as it crash after said human demigod outsider creation, and crashed again and again at any further attempt to create such character.
Hmm, i'll wait a bit for some more bugfixing i guess as that bug is already reported on mantis.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 05:07:38 pm by Robsoie »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #15832 on: January 30, 2020, 07:47:38 pm »

I started with a pet horse. It's stronger than me, faster than me, and has more kills than me. I wish I could put armor on him. I love this version!

Right now I'm raiding a necromancer tower as a skilled swordsman. So far so good. I should chop all the limbs off a lieutenant and try to interrogate them.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15833 on: January 30, 2020, 09:20:12 pm »

Started what looked to be a promising adventuring career in the new version, then somebody breathed too forcefully on me and broke my spine.

...What's the RAWs edit necessary to make nervous tissue heal, again? I know that's unrealistic, but then being permanently crippled is unrealistically easy in vanilla anyway, haha. >.>   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15834 on: January 31, 2020, 12:13:54 am »

You'd go into the save's raw/objects folder and open tissue_template_default.txt, and add like [HEALING_RATE:500] under [TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NERVE_TEMPLATE]. It might not take effect in that save, so you might have to gen a new world.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15835 on: January 31, 2020, 01:17:48 am »

You could also try rolling the new divination dice and hoping you get a healing effect.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15836 on: January 31, 2020, 01:47:36 am »

I started as a new party, 2 men and their horses.

Horsing around, I lost my friend in a dark pit. He did not die, just got lost.
Later I killed 2 saltwater crocodile recruits, 1 roc and tried to kill another one, but he flew away.

Then I crossed mountains full of yaks, entered another dark pit, lost my horse there. After talking to the goblins there, I left and was attacked by a group of goblins, humans and dwarves.

About horse riding: It is nice that your mount's speed is used.
But there are some bad things too.
Horses can not jump, even when you are riding them. Jumping will result in you jumping off the horse. Horses will also not enter water, even when you are riding them. These 2 combined are why I lost my horse. I wanted to get across a river and when I came back, she was gone.

Another thing is, horses panic when they see some creatures. Saltwater crocodiles, rocs and yaks certainly cause it, wolverines do not. You can not control a panicked horse and the chance of it panicking does not seem to depend on your rider skill.
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15837 on: January 31, 2020, 03:30:52 am »

well currently gone through some bogeymen experiments and notice that you can pet your bogeymen, also mount them if they transform.
which means if someone discover the right necromancy slab that teaches you summoning you can have a personal mount.

modding wise mean entity animal token bogeymen companions end up being wildshapeshifting Friends that you can pet and mount when they get frighten or defensive... and given if the transformation timer runs out you can still ride the bogeymen which opens up the ability to say ride a sapient being... and give them crossbow so you can have a mobile sentry.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15838 on: January 31, 2020, 05:02:44 am »

More riding experimentation. For it, I made a minimod, allowing humans to turn people into horses for one tick.

Turns out, you can not make rider stacks. Other people refuse to ride their friends. (Even when they are currently a horse.)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15839 on: January 31, 2020, 05:33:54 am »

You'd go into the save's raw/objects folder and open tissue_template_default.txt, and add like [HEALING_RATE:500] under [TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NERVE_TEMPLATE]. It might not take effect in that save, so you might have to gen a new world.
Thanks! I'll have to do that with my next world if it doesn't work for this one.
As for divination dice, I haven't found any of those yet.   

I just had to savescum after my next character decided to lie down on the floor instead of dodging - and then of course you can't stand back up for some reason. *facepalm*       
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 ... 1103