Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1055 1056 [1057] 1058 1059 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2024161 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15840 on: January 31, 2020, 09:57:47 am »

Isnt the problem with nerve healing the fact that they get a toggle "severed", which basically means that the nerve no longer works, so healing is of no help here?

Regarding "new save", you can mod the existing save, but you need to update /raw/objects in that save's folder, not in the main folder.

Regarding permanent damage, you can open your save file and add a transformation interaction to your adventurer's race to transform in some animal for a few ticks, then remove it (so NPCs dont abuse it).
Any transformation fully heals.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:59:35 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15841 on: January 31, 2020, 10:16:11 am »

Dragged frog men to 47.01. Starting adventurer. Civilization selection.

The Dreams of Virginity?!!

Something tells me this is gonna be fun world.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15842 on: January 31, 2020, 12:10:10 pm »

Isnt the problem with nerve healing the fact that they get a toggle "severed", which basically means that the nerve no longer works, so healing is of no help here?

Regarding "new save", you can mod the existing save, but you need to update /raw/objects in that save's folder, not in the main folder.

Regarding permanent damage, you can open your save file and add a transformation interaction to your adventurer's race to transform in some animal for a few ticks, then remove it (so NPCs dont abuse it).
Any transformation fully heals.
This may be better than a transformation.
[INTERACTION:HEAL]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:1000:0]
         [CE_STOP_BLEEDING:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_CLOSE_OPEN_WOUNDS:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_HEAL_TISSUES:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_HEAL_NERVES:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_REDUCE_PAIN:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_REDUCE_SWELLING:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_CURE_INFECTION:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_REDUCE_PARALYSIS:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_REDUCE_DIZZINESS:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_REDUCE_NAUSEA:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_REDUCE_FEVER:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
         [CE_REGROW_PARTS:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:0:END:12:ABRUPT]
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15843 on: January 31, 2020, 04:55:20 pm »

[edit: woah where the hell did that post I was responding to go!?]

I would totally support a suggestion for more in-depth animal training including training skills like discipline (to prevent panicking behavior and allow additional behaviors like jumping or swimming.)

Irl tho all those things are skills you have to teach a horse, have to be routinely reinforced, and you need to be a decent "animal trainer" - i.e. you have to know how to train a horse. The animal also has to trust you, and not all horses trust their riders and trainers equally.

For example, our gelding will trust my mother enough to cross a small stream or jump over an obstacle, but he bucks my brother off when he tries to do the same thing; he does not trust my brother and it seems he never will.

It would be a whole lump of new code, but it would be rad as hell to have a properly trained war horse and laugh at the poor plebs whose horses panic and buck them off because they saw a wild turkey strutting around.

There's a reason horse riding tours are going out of business; 90% of the modern population that would be interested in paying for such a tour don't know how to ride a horse, or anything about horses other than "horses say neigh." The tours literally have to make you sign a waiver to waive your rights to lawsuits in the event of injury if you do something wrong and get bucked off. Theyre flighty, panicky animals by nature, read and mimic the emotions of their riders and those around them, and there is no such thing as a "perfectly safe" horse. Accidents happen and it's bad for business
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 05:05:03 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #15844 on: January 31, 2020, 10:27:55 pm »

I thought to myself 'well, I'd really like to see that new intrigue screen. Let's make an as-close-to-miss-marple like character as I can', so a bunch of social skills and I also got a cat, why not.

So, after bothering people at the local tavern, I tried to get into the keep. However, getting in was a bit difficult, as there was a dead body on the road. It had been killed by a saltwater crocodile recruit. Because I had invested zero combat skills, I needed to figure out a different way to get in. This was possible via one of the towers. However, as I went down the second tower, I saw some red tiles appear, especially noticable because the keep is made from malachite. It was blood. When I got to the keep, this is what I saw:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the positive side, everyone's petting the cat, and it's adorable. :3

Edit: Managed to get the intrigue screen. The interrogation stuff is really super tied into the emotion stuff. When people are afraid intimidation seems to work better, when people are in a good mood persuasion seems to work better. compliments/consoling/comedy helps manage their mood a little. And when people get agitated they really don't wanna talk with you anymore.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 11:19:57 pm by therahedwig »
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15845 on: February 01, 2020, 12:38:04 am »

Is it okay that every fort I visited is overrun by HFS, nearly every hillocks I was in consisted of one goblin sheriff (there was a prophet in one as well), or two infected thralls... I decided to move north from this cursed land.

I came upon a town, the prophet talked about : "Anthil shall reward Tombsour." The population was night creatute experiments only, and one elven bard. I even recruited one maceman to my party! And he's good, but guess he's not gonna hunt night trolls with me...

So far I like this apocalyptic setting, but, I think the procedural HFS breaching should be a bit nerfed, alongside with goblins. It was nice them being a significant threat to the world back then, now they're maybe too dangerous. And everywhere, for the most part.

Also kobold monastery. I couldn't talk to them, obviously, but that was wholesome, a band of kobolds living in a hut, with three altars nearby and flowers everywhere.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15846 on: February 01, 2020, 02:17:27 am »

Yeah, you can generate a world with zero starting goblins and they'll still rule half the world after a few hundred years.  :o

I was hanging out in an ex-necromancer tower and made a joke about "The nightmares and the giant polar bear". I don't know what "the nightmares" may be, but chief of our gang was not amused. Think everyone's a bit freaked out about our choice of hideout.

oh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15847 on: February 01, 2020, 02:29:51 am »

Started a giant party of demigods just to see how far character creation could go. I gave them all different skill-sets and loaded them with pets and stuff, including perhaps 50 bunnies. This was a terrible mistake. As a consequence, I retired the entire party in a hamlet and resumed with just my two more martially skilled characters: a marksdwarf who used to be a hunter, and a swordsdwarf. We did a little bit, killed a little goblin band that ambushed us, some alligators, whatever. Then we wandered into a town, where we found some dice. The swordsdwarf rolled the dice, got bad luck, then rolled again a couple times (this was my first time messing with them) and got hubrised. I was so mad about this that I fast-traveled to a river to throw them in, but I threw from like 2 tiles away and didn't realize the marksdwarf was standing between the swordsdwarf and the river, so they hit the marksdwarf and aggro'd him to me. He immediately shot me in the heart with a crossbow bolt, at the same time that I jumped toward him into the river to try to peacefully get him to back off. He ended up jumping out of the way of me, and also landed in the river, where he was instantly set upon by alligators.

I managed to swim to shore, but suddenly realized that it would be way cooler if I could somehow salvage this whole thing by at least saving the marksdwarf, so I bodyswapped to him (it's really cool that you can do that with party members now, and it absolutely makes this update for me!!!), but found that he was blind and in heavy bleeding. I checked the announcements and found he had been hit really hard in both eyes by two alligators in the same turn, and his eyes were destroyed. Moments later, one had bitten off his nose, and two others had scratched off his ears. A couple of his limbs were broken. This had all happened in the time it took the swordsdwarf to get back to shore. So I had to bodyswap back to the swordsdwarf and jump back in (while spraying blood from the heart) to save the marksdwarf. I slashed and stabbed, and by the end of it, the alligators had all either died or fled, and the swordsdwarf was pale. The marksdwarf was beginning to drown, but I managed to bodyswap to him and guide him to shore. By the time I had done this, trying to bodyswap into the swordsdwarf revealed he had already bled to death from the crossbow bolt to the heart.

So I wandered back into the town and retired the now-blinded, noseless, earless marksdwarf there, then immediately restarted with the marksdwarf and a bard-ish human woman from the big party from earlier. The bard arrived from the hamlet where the party had retired, and the blind dwarf and the bard wandered into a tavern. The bard had had a pet eagle that flew around with her. Both told stories for a while, I messed with the sermons feature, etc., etc. Then I saw that there were a lot (6) of goblins in the tavern, so the bard tried asking them questions, but they refused to answer. The bard (read "I") got angry about this and punched one, at which point they all instantaneously went lethal aggro and arrows started flying everywhere. A spear goblin stabbed the bard in the leg and the bard lost the ability to walk. The blind dwarf seemed to be entirely incapable of self-defense due to the way combat interacts with player blindness, so he just sort of sat there and took a beating.

The spear goblin then stabbed the bard in the lower body and tore apart the guts, then one of her arms. Helpless, I watched as the spear goblin stabbed the bard's pet eagle's leg off, then disemboweled it, then split its head open. At this point, having failed at many attacks, I realized the bard had no combat skills, and guided her outside, where she crawled off a two-z-level ledge into a little ditch to hopefully heal from her injuries. The goblins didn't follow, and I suddenly realized the blind marksdwarf was screwed, so I bodyswapped back to him.

Fortunately, the map is still shown (but shaded) when you bodyswap to a blind character, so he was able to run for the door, but on the way, a hammer goblin hit him in the chest, breaking a rib and sending it through a lung. Then, the spear goblin from before stabbed him in the neck, just as he stumbled out the door onto the street. I led him to the same ledge, and he fell in on top of the bard. I bodyswapped back to the bard to watch as the goblins broke off their attack to murder some random dwarf that had decided to be our ally but hadn't really contributed, and afterward the goblins just sort of wandered back into the tavern.

I tried to sleep, and was surprised to see that work when the marksdwarf couldn't breathe, even though I knew that he would suffocate a little while after we regained consciousness. The most important thing was that the bard regain use of her limbs (if possible). Fortunately, the bard was mostly okay after waking up, except for superficial stuff, so I immediately began plotting revenge. I knew the marksdwarf, who now was blind, had no ears or nose, and couldn't breathe, wasn't going to survive, but I brought him along for as long as possible.

Since the bard didn't have any offensive abilities whatsoever, I went to the keep to try to ask some fighters to join me who could maybe kill all the goblins for me. The marksdwarf lived until I was one tile away from the door to the keep, then finally suffocated. I went inside, and found it entirely populated by politicians, with no warriors at all, and I was really disappointed... until I looked in the back.

On a pedestal in the back, I found the answer to all my problems -- an artifact that this civ had somehow come across: a slab. I thought it was optimistic to assume it would have the secrets of life and death, but I picked it up and read it anyway, out of desperation. And it worked. I don't know, this civ must have stolen it from a tower or something. No idea.

What was important was that I ran outside and immediately raised the marksdwarf as a -- a what? A pale zombie? That's new. Okay, sure, let's see what that does. It didn't immediately seem terribly interesting, except for the fact that he didn't aggro the people in the keep, and they didn't aggro him. But I would need more than this one zombie to kill all the goblins. I ran directly to a temple I had seen earlier, and lucked out. It led into a set of catacombs, where I raised 15 skeletons and ran back to the tavern, where the goblins recognized and aggro'd me.

It didn't go well at first, and several skeletons were lost in the battle with the goblins, but, once again, some of the dwarves in the tavern, including a random dwarf labeled as a wrestler, decided to align with me. But they too fell pretty quickly. Then I raised them as pale zombies. Things were quickly settled after that. The zombies managed to kill most of the goblins, and immobilize a few, including the speardwarf and hammerdwarf from before, whom I both killed personally by picking up a stone barrel of alcohol and smashing it on their heads while they were on the floor being scratched and bitten by zombies.

Then I accidentally hit tab, and realized suddenly that the marksdwarf I had raised before was not just another of my zombies, but was actually still considered part of the party, and I could bodyswap into him. And control him. And he could talk and dance and sing and recite poetry and do absolutely everything... including SEE. So I went back and got his clothes and equipment from the keep, and equipped him back to normal.

So now the status was that we had a human bard necromancer, a blind, faceless marksdwarf who had died but was resurrected as a fully sentient (and non-blind) zombie, and 3 pale zombie resurrected dwarves from the tavern.

I've never liked having a lot of zombies with me in DF, so I went outside and killed a couple of them, but one had gotten lost somehow, and I managed to find him with the fast travel map. This was that wrestler I mentioned before, and this fight took a lot of work. He managed to bend and break the bard necro's hand, then punch her hands into gore, then punch her in the neck and smash that into the body. It was clear this was going nowhere good, so I bodyswapped to the marksdwarf zombie and managed to crush the wrestler zombie's head with the necro slab.

Since the bard necro's neck was smashed, she was guaranteed to die in some number of non-fast-travel turns, so I fast traveled back to the tavern because it seemed fitting, and had her tell a story until she died of suffocation. But then I had my most brilliant idea yet.

The marksdwarf zombie was holding the necro slab, which he had used as a weapon. Was it possible that he could become a necromancer by reading it? No way, no way -- yes way. I had the zombie read the slab, and he managed to resurrect the bard as a pale zombie.

That's where I'm at. I don't know how this is going to go, because now I have two nearly-invincible (to everything but head-crushing) necromancers with horrible injuries that don't appear to affect them(?), and who are themselves zombies, and the AI is such that during any fight a necro automatically starts raising corpses, so things are bound to get horribly ugly, because having all those zombies will be a pain. Idk. We'll see.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 02:35:42 am by oh »

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
  • no poker face whatsoever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15848 on: February 01, 2020, 01:06:26 pm »

Started a giant party of demigods just to see how far character creation could go. I gave them all different skill-sets and loaded them with pets and stuff, including perhaps 50 bunnies. This was a terrible mistake. As a consequence, I retired the entire party in a hamlet and resumed with just my two more martially skilled characters: a marksdwarf who used to be a hunter, and a swordsdwarf. We did a little bit, killed a little goblin band that ambushed us, some alligators, whatever. Then we wandered into a town, where we found some dice. The swordsdwarf rolled the dice, got bad luck, then rolled again a couple times (this was my first time messing with them) and got hubrised. I was so mad about this that I fast-traveled to a river to throw them in, but I threw from like 2 tiles away and didn't realize the marksdwarf was standing between the swordsdwarf and the river, so they hit the marksdwarf and aggro'd him to me. He immediately shot me in the heart with a crossbow bolt, at the same time that I jumped toward him into the river to try to peacefully get him to back off. He ended up jumping out of the way of me, and also landed in the river, where he was instantly set upon by alligators.

I managed to swim to shore, but suddenly realized that it would be way cooler if I could somehow salvage this whole thing by at least saving the marksdwarf, so I bodyswapped to him (it's really cool that you can do that with party members now, and it absolutely makes this update for me!!!), but found that he was blind and in heavy bleeding. I checked the announcements and found he had been hit really hard in both eyes by two alligators in the same turn, and his eyes were destroyed. Moments later, one had bitten off his nose, and two others had scratched off his ears. A couple of his limbs were broken. This had all happened in the time it took the swordsdwarf to get back to shore. So I had to bodyswap back to the swordsdwarf and jump back in (while spraying blood from the heart) to save the marksdwarf. I slashed and stabbed, and by the end of it, the alligators had all either died or fled, and the swordsdwarf was pale. The marksdwarf was beginning to drown, but I managed to bodyswap to him and guide him to shore. By the time I had done this, trying to bodyswap into the swordsdwarf revealed he had already bled to death from the crossbow bolt to the heart.

So I wandered back into the town and retired the now-blinded, noseless, earless marksdwarf there, then immediately restarted with the marksdwarf and a bard-ish human woman from the big party from earlier. The bard arrived from the hamlet where the party had retired, and the blind dwarf and the bard wandered into a tavern. The bard had had a pet eagle that flew around with her. Both told stories for a while, I messed with the sermons feature, etc., etc. Then I saw that there were a lot (6) of goblins in the tavern, so the bard tried asking them questions, but they refused to answer. The bard (read "I") got angry about this and punched one, at which point they all instantaneously went lethal aggro and arrows started flying everywhere. A spear goblin stabbed the bard in the leg and the bard lost the ability to walk. The blind dwarf seemed to be entirely incapable of self-defense due to the way combat interacts with player blindness, so he just sort of sat there and took a beating.

The spear goblin then stabbed the bard in the lower body and tore apart the guts, then one of her arms. Helpless, I watched as the spear goblin stabbed the bard's pet eagle's leg off, then disemboweled it, then split its head open. At this point, having failed at many attacks, I realized the bard had no combat skills, and guided her outside, where she crawled off a two-z-level ledge into a little ditch to hopefully heal from her injuries. The goblins didn't follow, and I suddenly realized the blind marksdwarf was screwed, so I bodyswapped back to him.

Fortunately, the map is still shown (but shaded) when you bodyswap to a blind character, so he was able to run for the door, but on the way, a hammer goblin hit him in the chest, breaking a rib and sending it through a lung. Then, the spear goblin from before stabbed him in the neck, just as he stumbled out the door onto the street. I led him to the same ledge, and he fell in on top of the bard. I bodyswapped back to the bard to watch as the goblins broke off their attack to murder some random dwarf that had decided to be our ally but hadn't really contributed, and afterward the goblins just sort of wandered back into the tavern.

I tried to sleep, and was surprised to see that work when the marksdwarf couldn't breathe, even though I knew that he would suffocate a little while after we regained consciousness. The most important thing was that the bard regain use of her limbs (if possible). Fortunately, the bard was mostly okay after waking up, except for superficial stuff, so I immediately began plotting revenge. I knew the marksdwarf, who now was blind, had no ears or nose, and couldn't breathe, wasn't going to survive, but I brought him along for as long as possible.

Since the bard didn't have any offensive abilities whatsoever, I went to the keep to try to ask some fighters to join me who could maybe kill all the goblins for me. The marksdwarf lived until I was one tile away from the door to the keep, then finally suffocated. I went inside, and found it entirely populated by politicians, with no warriors at all, and I was really disappointed... until I looked in the back.

On a pedestal in the back, I found the answer to all my problems -- an artifact that this civ had somehow come across: a slab. I thought it was optimistic to assume it would have the secrets of life and death, but I picked it up and read it anyway, out of desperation. And it worked. I don't know, this civ must have stolen it from a tower or something. No idea.

What was important was that I ran outside and immediately raised the marksdwarf as a -- a what? A pale zombie? That's new. Okay, sure, let's see what that does. It didn't immediately seem terribly interesting, except for the fact that he didn't aggro the people in the keep, and they didn't aggro him. But I would need more than this one zombie to kill all the goblins. I ran directly to a temple I had seen earlier, and lucked out. It led into a set of catacombs, where I raised 15 skeletons and ran back to the tavern, where the goblins recognized and aggro'd me.

It didn't go well at first, and several skeletons were lost in the battle with the goblins, but, once again, some of the dwarves in the tavern, including a random dwarf labeled as a wrestler, decided to align with me. But they too fell pretty quickly. Then I raised them as pale zombies. Things were quickly settled after that. The zombies managed to kill most of the goblins, and immobilize a few, including the speardwarf and hammerdwarf from before, whom I both killed personally by picking up a stone barrel of alcohol and smashing it on their heads while they were on the floor being scratched and bitten by zombies.

Then I accidentally hit tab, and realized suddenly that the marksdwarf I had raised before was not just another of my zombies, but was actually still considered part of the party, and I could bodyswap into him. And control him. And he could talk and dance and sing and recite poetry and do absolutely everything... including SEE. So I went back and got his clothes and equipment from the keep, and equipped him back to normal.

So now the status was that we had a human bard necromancer, a blind, faceless marksdwarf who had died but was resurrected as a fully sentient (and non-blind) zombie, and 3 pale zombie resurrected dwarves from the tavern.

I've never liked having a lot of zombies with me in DF, so I went outside and killed a couple of them, but one had gotten lost somehow, and I managed to find him with the fast travel map. This was that wrestler I mentioned before, and this fight took a lot of work. He managed to bend and break the bard necro's hand, then punch her hands into gore, then punch her in the neck and smash that into the body. It was clear this was going nowhere good, so I bodyswapped to the marksdwarf zombie and managed to crush the wrestler zombie's head with the necro slab.

Since the bard necro's neck was smashed, she was guaranteed to die in some number of non-fast-travel turns, so I fast traveled back to the tavern because it seemed fitting, and had her tell a story until she died of suffocation. But then I had my most brilliant idea yet.

The marksdwarf zombie was holding the necro slab, which he had used as a weapon. Was it possible that he could become a necromancer by reading it? No way, no way -- yes way. I had the zombie read the slab, and he managed to resurrect the bard as a pale zombie.

That's where I'm at. I don't know how this is going to go, because now I have two nearly-invincible (to everything but head-crushing) necromancers with horrible injuries that don't appear to affect them(?), and who are themselves zombies, and the AI is such that during any fight a necro automatically starts raising corpses, so things are bound to get horribly ugly, because having all those zombies will be a pain. Idk. We'll see.

If I were you, I'd see how far I could take this thing and either try to take over a hamlet or build a camp out in the woods, resurrect some skeletons/unfortunate travelers, and start an undead warrior band. Have you thought to resurrect the bard's eagle? A pair of undead, sentient necromancers, one with a pet zombie eagle, starting their own undead skeleton town sounds like a fun premise for a villain.
It is by my will alone I set my dwarves into motion

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #15849 on: February 01, 2020, 01:43:35 pm »

You could res that swordsman who died in the river.

That is an awesome set of events, though. I just got my first duo eaten by a cyclops and a night troll. Second duo got cursed by dice for a week.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 01:59:34 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15850 on: February 01, 2020, 01:47:02 pm »

Is anyone else having trouble with flying mounts? It seems (at least in my case) that they immediately stop obeying your commands as soon as you get them off the ground.

Which is a shame, because having a giant eagle mount would be totally metal.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15851 on: February 01, 2020, 02:20:11 pm »

Wait, the dice curses can wear off?

That would be great! I don't want to become a koala! Why, why from all these DF species, my fate is to be a koala!

Oh, and I walked into normal land. No HFS infested forts, no twisted experiments... But goblins are still everywhere. And wreaking havoc... Also my short fat horse, slayer of mighty ettin, wasn't so lucky in struggle with cyclops. I miss her.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15852 on: February 01, 2020, 08:06:16 pm »

sitting here in a constant lookout for WHAT EVER can cause the cackling in this new update. realizing I have no idea if the 10 percent chance of a bogeyman to show up even means or if it's Working.
generated 13 worlds, I know they exist from animal token modding, it's just I have no idea how to find them in vanilla.
I gave up on the necromancer route as it's a Dice roll to see if they even have the summoner spell.
currently trying to force the game to give me an evil region to spawn them, so far haven't even seen evil weather yet.
so many undead animals.

god this mess is so dang rare I feel like if I even SEE ONE BOGEYMAN I would flip out in glee like seeing a unicorn.
it feels like I have a better chance to win the lottery than Finding the cackling.
there something really dumb about this Rare moment of your adventurer getting jump and killed if you wander into the evil region, that feels like someone But me is going to get it and get upset.

so many Dingos So many Wolves. I got ambushed by so many wolves and dingoes, and harpies.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:18:02 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Morning_Oak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15853 on: February 01, 2020, 10:25:48 pm »

I generated a small world with as many civilizations as possible, and let time run for about 650 years. I found a human civ had been at war with nearby elves for hundreds of years, off and on. The endless wars had crippled the humans, and they have less than 200 named civilians left. Many of their cities and towns had been conquered by elves, and now hundreds of elves live within their former keeps and houses.

These same humans had spent their earlier years decimating the neighboring goblin civilization. In the present day, the goblins were found in the few pits and towers they had settled on the western coasts (note: I modded the goblins to be mortal, over time their numbers plummet which is great for fps). The survivors of the goblin purge had long since integrated into the human civilization, and had been witness to the ruthless genocide committed by the elves.

I created a goblin in a small human town on the far outskirts, bordering one of the conquered cities taken by the elves. The town was almost barren, and there were more ruined homes then there were populated. I spoke with the locals and they warned me of criminals (elves) in (another) ruined city to the north. I grabbed my scimitar and traveled over, companionless for the sake of stealth. I heard a ton of commotion coming from the keep on the southern side of town, and carefully snuck over to the downward stairway leading to the moat. At the bottom of the stairs I found a stone walkway leading off to the left and right, 1 tile wide with water on all sides. Surrounding the edges of the moat was a 1 tile wide stone walkway. And elves. Naked elves with books everywhere. I also saw naked dwarves and humans. My goblin was overcome with rage and made a grab for the first elf he saw. The elf jumped away - off the narrow walkway and into the water. I laughed and sprinted over to the next elf. I swung my scimitar his lower body twice, which ended up slicing the elf in half. I grabbed the bottom half of the dead elf and hurled it at the next elf on the walkway. And missed. My next throw caused the elf to leap into the water as well. I killed another 13 elves and 4 ended up in the water trying to avoid death. One of the elves came out of the recesses of the keep wielding an artifact copper spear. I checked the history and saw that a dwarf had created the artifact some years before, and had been killed by the elf with the very artifact he created (it's first kill). I sliced his ankle, slashed at his hand which led to him dropping the spear. Shortly after, the elf became the 2nd to be killed with the spear.

Unfortunately, things started to got a bit too chaotic at that point - there were wounded elves running everywhere, and dozens of new elves, dwarves and humans moving around the moat. One of the dwarves, also naked, started a brawl with my goblin. He had a book in one hand, and with that book he destroyed my poor goblin. An arm shattered, legs bleeding and useless, and head pouring blood. Finally, my goblin dodged (automatically, dammit) into the moat. I was too wounded too stand, so I couldn't climb out of the water. As I was floundering about, the dwarf and some of the elves bashed me to death with their various novels.

Thankfully, at the last minute I was able to throw the artifact spear onto the stone walkway, out of the water before dying. Next adventurer will definitely have to recover the spear and finish the job.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15854 on: February 01, 2020, 11:39:05 pm »

Somehow found a human town with a troll as its high priest. I'm guessing the sermons here consist mainly of various grunting sounds.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.
Pages: 1 ... 1055 1056 [1057] 1058 1059 ... 1104