Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1064 1065 [1066] 1067 1068 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2021515 times)

The Dorfmeister

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorlak
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15975 on: February 28, 2020, 01:47:34 pm »

I could understand travelling and starting a new life on his own, or settling down, but he travelled the entire worldmap just to settle in a human civ he never heard of before, over the mountains and through the zombie-infested regions.
GORLAK: A small, round humanoid found wandering the caves deep underground. Most of its body is taken up by a huge tusked mouth. Its skin is goldenrod, its eyes are red.

Dwarves admire Gorlaks for their impressive tusks, stimulating conversations and helpful guidances.

Huntthetroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15976 on: February 28, 2020, 01:50:39 pm »

I don't know if anyone else has posted about this before, but I just discovered that being transformed into a beast can not only change your character's species, but her sex and attributes as well.

My female human hammerman with above average agility, above average toughness and low disease resistance is now a male giant magpie with very low agility, average toughness and high disease resistance.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15977 on: February 28, 2020, 02:58:18 pm »

Do gods transform people into beasts? If so, what triggers them to do so?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15978 on: February 28, 2020, 03:11:54 pm »

So, I wanted to see if I could cause a loyalty cascade by claiming a bunch of Beak Dogs in a goblin fortress and attacking the goblins.

Turns out I can not. On the other hand, assuming you can get them through the doors, it is a good way to get a pack of dangerous animals.
I could not, so I only kept one, which is my new mount.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15979 on: February 28, 2020, 03:35:28 pm »

Rolling dice can result in you turning into a beast for one week as a bad result.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15980 on: February 28, 2020, 04:24:03 pm »

Rolling dice can result in you turning into a beast for one week as a bad result.
ah, thanks

Jackwick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15981 on: February 28, 2020, 05:42:57 pm »

Toppling statues in shrines can also get you transformed.
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Werebeast#Werebeasts_in_adventure_mode

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15982 on: February 28, 2020, 05:56:36 pm »

Toppling statues in shrines can also get you transformed.
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Werebeast#Werebeasts_in_adventure_mode
That may be out of date. I've heard of people toppling many statues to no effect. I've also heard it only works if the statue is of a deity the character worships. But I haven't got around to testing it myself.

And beast isn't the same as werebeast.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Jackwick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15983 on: February 28, 2020, 11:30:01 pm »

Ah, I see. Well thanks for the correction.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15984 on: March 01, 2020, 04:57:59 pm »

Apparently my companion scimitar'd some bandit's head so hard that it straight-up lodged itself into the nearest tree. O_o
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #15985 on: March 02, 2020, 03:19:29 pm »

So has anyone seen this dream before?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's a modded race that was literally created for that exact purpose, but I didn't realize that was a valid dream.  Is it new?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #15986 on: March 02, 2020, 03:39:39 pm »

So has anyone seen this dream before?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's a modded race that was literally created for that exact purpose, but I didn't realize that was a valid dream.  Is it new?

I think it's new. I've seen it in my adventurers a few times.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #15987 on: March 02, 2020, 03:55:49 pm »

I remember seeing that a few times in old versions, it's just a very rare dream.

The Dorfmeister

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorlak
    • View Profile
« Reply #15988 on: March 03, 2020, 02:06:35 am »

News from my great Minotaur adventurer. I managed to actually walk back from the tower over the mountain range to finally arrive back in the homelands, racking up some mountain goat, eagle and yak kills to my list and eventually let him retire there. In the maintime, I tried to set up a sort of tavern with another adventurer, but it didnīt work out yet. So, after a while I decided to look what my old one is doing and - yep - he left his homelands again and can be started at a hillocks in the very middle of the world map...  ::)

This time however he has a reason to be here, because according to Legends mode, he settled in that Minotaur hillocks where a group was sent out to reclaim a fallen dwarven site and he decided to join. Ironically, this site was originally razed by another necromancer and his undead, so instead of a well-earned retirement after being almost killed by zombies, my good old Balthazar decided to go after the next horde...  :D Also, these are the first minotaurs to ever leave and settle outside of their territory. I guess itīs time to start a fortress soon, because  I wanted to be the first Minotaur settlement in the foreign lands.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 02:08:22 am by The Dorfmeister »
GORLAK: A small, round humanoid found wandering the caves deep underground. Most of its body is taken up by a huge tusked mouth. Its skin is goldenrod, its eyes are red.

Dwarves admire Gorlaks for their impressive tusks, stimulating conversations and helpful guidances.

Vicious_Unicycle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15989 on: March 08, 2020, 12:36:05 pm »

I'm currently Rip-And-Tearing my way through a goblin dark fortress in search of an artifact iron greataxe and breastplate I saw in Legends mode. Evidently they are both stored in a structure called The Vile Tombs somewhere in the fortress, but I'm not sure where to even look for that.

Does anybody know whereabouts you might find a Tomb within a goblin dark fortress? It wasn't in the main tower or the prison. All I've found on the surface so far are Taverns/Inns (aside from the ubiquitous watchtowers and trenches, of course). Would it be underground near the troll/beak dog pits? I know some of the work pits have coffins and slabs in them, but I don't think those qualify as "Tombs". I believe there's also a Catacombs structure somewhere, which I also can't find. Would tombs be connected to that? If that's the case, maybe I should look for the local temple...

Anyway, I've been playing as a Fist of Poetleaf, a dwarf-sized necromancer experiment with mandibles and a stinger. The mandibles are kind of disappointing in combat since their bites can't latch on, but the stinger is amazing! It lands deadly or debilitating hits more consistently than most weapons and shreds armor like nobody's business, yet its attacks are flagged as 'kicks', meaning they don't escalate fights beyond "brawl". No idea if the venom does anything, not that anyone survives long enough for that to matter.

This dark fortress, Menacesteals, had a population of about 14,000 when I started (according to Legends Browser). My kill count is around 2,100 so far. So that's like, what, 15% of the population I've killed? I've reached legendary skill as a miner, but the only mineral I've mined is the bones of my enemies.
Pages: 1 ... 1064 1065 [1066] 1067 1068 ... 1104