Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1069 1070 [1071] 1072 1073 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2023144 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16050 on: April 26, 2020, 02:17:11 am »

Anyway, after slaughtering everyone in the one bandit-controlled settlement, we encountered a named giant cheetah in the woods, which I turned into fancy decorations for my gear.
Wait, you can decorate in adventure mode? Is that a mod?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16051 on: April 26, 2020, 02:21:37 am »

Onwo died, trying to clear a bandit castle, stupidly without Fathbesmar.

My next adventurer drowned in a pond, because she was not as good swimmer as she thought.

The current adventurer tried to join several bandit bands after his lady gave him an impossible task (cause trouble). They all tried to kill him instead, so he killed them all.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16052 on: April 26, 2020, 03:59:25 am »

i haven't tried, but, speculatively: i think you ought to be able to with dfhack's advfort, if you build a craft workshop first

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16053 on: April 26, 2020, 04:18:38 am »

i haven't tried, but, speculatively: i think you ought to be able to with dfhack's advfort, if you build a craft workshop first
The Adventurecraft mod also lets you decorate stuff, and you can make your own armour.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16054 on: April 26, 2020, 11:30:22 am »

Anyway, after slaughtering everyone in the one bandit-controlled settlement, we encountered a named giant cheetah in the woods, which I turned into fancy decorations for my gear.

It is indeed a mod. I butchered Adventurecraft (or maybe it was a different mod?) long ago and have been updating it for my own needs ever since. I like to keep things simple with few tools to keep track of.

Anyway in Krol and Sunstroke news, I found a priest in a dwarven hillocks who wanted an artifact steel battleaxe from a dwarf fort nearby. I had no intention of ever giving it to him, because obviously I want an artifact steel weapon myself. When we arrived at the fort, it was the fucking motherload. I picked up tons of artifacts from the temple at the surface and the royal chambers below. On top of the steel battleaxe I got a alunite ring I'm wearing now, a chrysoberyl bed, a moss opal chain, a blind cave bear bone chain, and a vutchnell bone chain, a dwarf bone battleaxe, a bronze magestaff and a bismuth bronze magestaff (spellcrafts weapons), an enchanted ice long sword (material from spellcrafts), an iron warhammer and a copper warhammer, a copper spear, a giant iron axe blade, and a diamond-steel spear (custom material).

Sunstroke murdered a guy when I tried to talk to them on our travels. Must have been a bandit? I didn't get the chance to check. He doesn't just attack strangers in town, yet. We also encountered a named saltwater crocodile. When I dismounted sunstroke he charged ahead and started tearing into the beast before I realized it was actually on screen. Now we're hanging out in a tavern in a human town telling everybody about our exploits. But not the "murders." They don't seem to appreciate those.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #16055 on: April 26, 2020, 03:44:48 pm »

Took my accidental head doctor traveling, visited a few towns, nearly all but a handful were subjected to a siege about a year ago, fought+killed a mummy that I accidentally woke up in a bunch of catacombs, told the baroness, realized that it was the baroness' mother whose slumber I disturbed, got my adventurer a killer reputation for my troubles (but no murderer, thankfully).

Went to visit a volcano and climbed a mountain top on my way to this dwarven fortress which had medical books. Got some books from an abandoned necromancer tower, brought them to the fortress, no one cared. Read books (my primary goal was reading all the medical books I could get my hands on, but I also read all the form related books if possible, just to see if the knowledge really spreads). Wrote a couple of books, then made my trip back.

When I got home tried to tell people about my adventures, but no one really cared, and everyone was still panicking about the insurrection that had happened just as I left. Put books up in the keep, named some figurines. This whole thing took about... an in game week or so? So right now the game just considers my adventurer a killer right now. No idea if I'm going to get other rep beyond that(as it can take quite a while to set in), and if I don't I'm just going to blame it on the town being a bunch of uncultured barbarians :C

Some interesting tidbits: Got hunted by a night troll in one of the abandoned cities. It was hanging out in the sewers and once it saw my adventurer I guess it just really needed to kill her, I just kinda ran as my first attempt to kill it ended up with dead horse companion on top of dead troll. I also met a Lady in the capital's keep who was better dressed than the nation's law-giver: Turned out she'd been a mercenary in a past life and was thus able to afford fancy clothes.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Gnomedevourer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16056 on: April 27, 2020, 02:50:54 pm »

Using the spell craft mode plus my customs races I went on a killing spree as a demon bird and his wizard friend
tried to balance a mod, once upon a time, fell and scraped my knee, ain't doing that again.

Morning_Oak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16057 on: April 27, 2020, 05:56:34 pm »

I created a group that I dubbed "The Expendables" - 2 Male Dwarves, 1 Male & 1 Female Goblin. All were somewhat competent with spears, and they started off in Helmdepths, a Dwarven hillocks located about a week away from my recently retired fort, Hollowthrone. My party traveled about 4 days north-east to reach the fortress, and ultimately the journey wasn't too eventful, despite the high number of semi-megabeasts that are roaming this world. We did stumble upon a giantess with a necromancer's slab & a silver war hammer, after a brief chat she was nice enough to donate both to our cause. The party reached the fort and retired shortly after. Sadly, they weren't reputable enough to join the fort's military as full-citizens, so upon reloading the fort I found that all 4 were just lounging as partial citizens. They seem to be able to haul and build walls for me at least, so whatever. I'll say mission accomplished.

Fast forward a couple of years and our little bunker of a fortress has weathered a necromancer siege and a goblin siege with little rest in between. The zombie siege resulted in ~80% of my fort dead, but amazingly all 4 adventurers survived. I think mostly because I wasn't able to order them around as normal citizens, so they were saved from my awful rulership. I now had 1 goblin & 1 dwarf leading my military. The 2nd dwarf apparently had become very attached to the (former)citizens he'd met during his short stay at Hollowthrone, as he died of depression just a few short months after our last siege. Finally, the female Goblin "Lokki" fell into the caverns from about 5 z-levels high, after trying to complete a hanging up/down stair for an elaborate bridge spanning the caverns. She didn't die as goblins don't eat or drink, but nobody was able to reach her to provide medical attention so she promptly went stark raving mad. For the last year or so, she's been babbling naked down in the caverns. I have seen beasts and monsters of every size wander right up to her but they don't seem to be bothered by her presence. At this point, she's become a native cavern creature in the same fashion as the magic car that goes wild in Harry Potter II: Electric Boogaloo.

I am very tempted to use DFHack & make Lokki the queen of my civilization. My civ is near extinct, so adding in a mad queen of the caverns is too good of an opportunity to pass up.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 05:59:37 pm by Morning_Oak »

Urist9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16058 on: April 28, 2020, 07:33:05 am »

Soon...

For now Ducim is training. She joined the fortress as a master marksdwarf after many adventures. She became a legendary +5 axe dwarf. Master shield user. Great armor user. Even got some training in biting and shield bashing. Not bad for a few years of training.

Through the region she is known as a killer and a protector. For she is friendly as long as others put their weapons away. Many chose not to.

Even in fortress mode her killing spree didn't end. From behind fortifications she routed whole armies with her crossbow. Only to switch to a melee squad and give chase to really bring the message home.

Meanwhile artisan smiths prepared a full set of adamantine armor. This will be the most expensively exquiped adventurer that ever roamed my games. The dress, coat, pants, gloves, socks and hood - all also made from that precious metal. Every bit of cloth that wasn't masterfull melted before. Every part that wasn't masterful after creation went the same way. From the leftovers the actual armor was made.

The king kept mandating backpacks. To no avail, the masterful adamantine backpack was not for him! Actually he gets nothing of the good stuff. He only joined the fortress a year ago and still is in a trainee squad. Better gear is used by those dwarves raiding the enemy.

Ducim had enough. She is distracted after being unable to wander. She is distracted for being unable to fight. Time to gear up. The stage is set, soon there will be legendary combat. Ducim the Furious contest of Fealties is leaving the fortress!

Urist9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16059 on: April 29, 2020, 03:47:20 am »

The switch is made.

Old companion members became party members. That should sort their inventory problems.
Ducim is captain of a militia squad.
I was pleasantly surprised I could invite my party members to become part of the militia.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #16060 on: April 29, 2020, 07:00:20 am »

The switch is made.

Old companion members became party members.

How did you do that?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #16061 on: April 30, 2020, 02:24:28 pm »

interesting... i wonder if that's the same thing as when undead npc's hide and become invisible?

That was my initial thought as well, but I was under the impression that effect is a power called "Vanish", which was not a power I had access to. I'm wondering if it isn't an unforeseen side effect of freezing and thawing my adventurer. I recall reading about an issue where the game doesn't let you interact with objects that have been thawed out after being encased in ice, as opposed to mined out. Maybe the game 'forgot' that my adventurer isn't frozen anymore and did the same thing it does with objects encased in ice, i.e. makes it basically cease to exist while remembering where it used to be.

Nothing to do with being encased in ice, it has to do with being in stealth - even mundane sneaking and then switching to a different character will cause this to happen.  (All "Vanish" does right now is put the user into stealth mode, which computer-controlled units will not do otherwise.)  Adventure mode doesn't know how to handle stealthed creatures; they will always appear invisible to the player, but computer-controlled units can spot them as normal.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16062 on: May 01, 2020, 04:01:50 am »

well finished building a month long adv camp where I just randomly wander about the world and collected stray animals as pets to gift to the residents I picked up through song and dance.

what I learn from this experience was if you dfhack your pets to give birth you can claim the newborns as pets to gift to others.

so far was a chill experience right up until I saw that my regional modded in resurrection/reanimation stuff will create a being with no body parts outside of that pretty chill building a site and tavern experience.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Urist9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16063 on: May 02, 2020, 08:22:38 am »

Posted by: Eschar
« on: April 29, 2020, 07:00:20 am »
     The switch is made.
     Old companion members became party members.
How did you do that?

I retired my adventurer and restarted her with a party.
In between I played fortress mode for a bit, but that's not very relevant. Maybe.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16064 on: May 02, 2020, 11:05:41 am »

Nothing to do with being encased in ice, it has to do with being in stealth - even mundane sneaking and then switching to a different character will cause this to happen.  (All "Vanish" does right now is put the user into stealth mode, which computer-controlled units will not do otherwise.)  Adventure mode doesn't know how to handle stealthed creatures; they will always appear invisible to the player, but computer-controlled units can spot them as normal.
Maybe every solo adventurer should get themselves a cat? Perhaps it can use head bump to probe the invisible world. Though having an AI humanoid companion speak to "who is not quite there" might be funnier.
Pages: 1 ... 1069 1070 [1071] 1072 1073 ... 1104