Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994646 times)

Etc_Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16095 on: June 08, 2020, 08:19:27 pm »

I created a little world and had three adventurers. They didn't go well... My fourth and current adventurer is a plump helmet man miner who hasn't done much besides grinding down wild animals.

He was seriously hurt from a vulture that successfully landed a few hits and had to crawl all the way back to the world's only dwarven fortress. Plump helmet men are small compared to dwarves, so pushover animals to them can deal real damage to those mushroom dudes.

When I entered the fortress, I rolled to die to one of the deities since it healed me on a previous adventurer. And I was cursed to be a siamang for a week. This suprisingly didn't effect me that much besides dropping all my clothes. So I went out to gather food to wait out the week by slaughtering more vultures. After a few in-game hours, my description was back to a plump helmet man. Didn't know why I was changed back so early. Oh well!

My plan is to become a necromancer so my frailness is no longer issue. There is a friendly necromancer in a human town to the south. I need to find some way to read her slab so I can learn the secrets of life and death. Without talking...

Man I wish plump helmet men could do non-talking actions connected to the speech button (like dancing). It could help my goal a lot. If only sign-language was in the game.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #16096 on: June 26, 2020, 03:01:37 pm »

This was my Titainian adventurer from The Long Night Mod. She would travel town to town, and do some jobs. Like rescue a kid from another town or, explore deep into a forgotten fortress to retrieve an ancient Artifact. She had a good run until she was unceremoniously ambushed and killed by a group of Howler Bats. 

Gnomedevourer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16097 on: June 26, 2020, 04:37:43 pm »

I got a axe made out of a custom material sharper than adamantine and went on a rampage :) and it was great.... till i tried it on a dragon and it burnt me to ashes :(
tried to balance a mod, once upon a time, fell and scraped my knee, ain't doing that again.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16098 on: June 27, 2020, 03:38:30 am »

That's why you always should carry a shield what it's made of doesn't seem to matter, so even a crappy wooden one will block dragon fire.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16099 on: June 27, 2020, 10:30:56 am »

That's why you always should carry a shield what it's made of doesn't seem to matter, so even a crappy wooden one will block dragon fire.
why would flammable shields work against fire?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16100 on: June 27, 2020, 12:18:45 pm »

Because the engine does not check for shield material. Shields also do not take any damage from weapon hits, even though wooden ones certainly should.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #16101 on: June 27, 2020, 03:54:39 pm »

In real life, a wooden shield would protect you from fire and even magma.  At least for a couple minutes.  Sure, it would catch on fire fairly soon, but that would be the opposite end you're on.  Just slap it on the ground a few times to put the flames out and you're good to go. 

It would make sense for wooden shields to wear out very fast in those cases though.

Featherwood / Balsawood shields maybe not so much.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16102 on: July 04, 2020, 09:25:19 am »

I visited a human town to track down a goblin who is carrying an artifact steel mace. Instead I stumbled across a library and decided to steal all the books that I could carry. On my return trip to steal more books, I discovered that a tower in that town is the residence of a great many named elves, including the baron of one of the elf civs. When I return to the elf-extermination campaign, that tower will be my first stop.

Edit: I found the goblin, grabbed the mace, and pulled it out of his hands as he yielded.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 11:40:25 am by Leonidas »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16103 on: July 08, 2020, 07:46:55 pm »

so currently screwing around with gods again and one up the mess by creating a dwarf with dfhack then manipulated their historical figure data and mess with their nemesis data to align with the God I wanted to summon... also to get said god to show up playable in adventure mode.
the result ended up scratching my noggin as it seems Galka the weblin(custom goblin) god reverted to a Weblin form after retiring and unretiring which means the flesh of the Dwarf got shifted to a weblin form.
any way trying to see if I can just spread faith of this character around and see what happens.

oh and they are being followed around by an elf which led to this doodle

edit: ok so I just learn that if you enter the dialog submenu but exit out of it the person in the conversation would be left also in that dialog menu which means you could manipulate someone into going first.

so this means vanilla wise it's probably possible to convince a noble to give up their title to you if you go into the demand menu and wait a bit... and hope they randomly select the give up title to you option.

edit: ok so got around to doodling the npc bard companionship of alino, and a couple pictures of Galka

« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 11:17:53 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16104 on: July 09, 2020, 04:50:31 pm »

What adorable and fantastic discoveries.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16105 on: July 09, 2020, 09:52:11 pm »

so studying this for a bit I realize I need to desync the dialog a bit where I need to reply but in a way where they don't auto reply back
which it seems commenting on the weather and surroundings does the trick, which after doing that you go to the menu you want to roll the die on for them to ask that dialog option.

to explain the mess of limbs in this picture uhh it was there when I got here and my 2 adventurers didn't join the bloody glassy battle that happen.

the big challenge in this set up is dealing with all the wait commands and annoying them.
but it seems like it's probably possible to go to anyone of nobility and talk them out of it, I wonder if this work on necromancer leaders and doing so gets you another way to access necromancy
"body swapping and YOU!"

Drunkendwarf The Dank

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16106 on: July 09, 2020, 10:43:23 pm »

My Character, Jesus Deng Deng (King of Kings), is traveling the lands and giving sermons to the deliberate and simple minded, guiding them to a better, more sophisticated life.
Unfortunatly, some who have strayed afar from the right path are telling me, that my sermons are boring, in which case i am glad that jesus is profoundly skilled in the ways of wrestling, deliviering the word of god by choking and squeezing the evil spirits out of their ignorant bodies.

I got to say, as a newcomer to the game i am very impressed by what is possible.
On shall he go, and with him enlightment will come to those who seek it (and those who don´t).

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16107 on: July 10, 2020, 05:46:09 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well so uhh I just got this elf adventurer who was following this Goth Goblin God(and countless other folks) around to the status of queen of this fort.

so the elf named Alino in the drawning just now became queen of this fort.

I love these pacifist runs they always discover something fun and game changing.

edit: here's a gif of me doing this with a different adventurer with a lucky no 'wait' commands.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 07:52:28 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #16108 on: July 10, 2020, 02:21:39 pm »

(Cosola is the one standing with her arms cross.)

I bodyswapped into Cosola, a ringleader of the Mischivious Calms. It's a  small bandit group that only comprise of 5 other members. Cosola hardly trust anybody, and can be cold sometimes, but is a great leader and is loved by her member.There is only one male in the group, and all expect  Cosola are around 30 to 20 age range, where as Cosola is 43. I like to think that everyone sees her as a mother figure of some sort .After looking into Cosola's  history I found a very fasinating discovery. Cosola is the dsecendent of the first king and  the second king from her mother's side and from her father's side a dsecendent of the 4th and current king who toppled the second king's son out of power and claimed himself to be ruler of the Strong Empire. However Cosola is  not aware of her lineage since she was born and raised at the southern tip of the strong empire. Who are away from all that political nonsense back at the capitial, also the villages in this region  only admire one god, Isimr the god of beauty and art.

(Sliver is the capital, and red is where Cosola resides.)

Cosola two son's are interesting as well. Her first son Cish became a leader of a bandit group and her second son became Mayor of a small village around where her mother is. Cosola raised them to be warriors, and it seems like her older son follow the same path as her mother, where as her second son gave up the blade to run a small village.

The Mischievious Calms is  building a base. During  construction they were ambushed by three crossbowman who were members of The new Perfection. They quickly killed them. Unfortunately one of our member was shot in the left leg leaving her crippled for weeks. But her she was able to recover thanks to Bikda who was a surgeon.

I went into legends Viewer to see whats up with this bandit group called the new perfection. Only to found out that they have 38 members! Where we are only 6. So Cosola commanded to take  their bodies and dump them far away from our base. So we don't track any suspicion. Most likely these were cocky bandits who thought they could take us out and steal our goods.

Now I must try and recruit more members into cosola's  ranks just in case we end up going to war with The New Perfection.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 02:35:33 pm by Luckyowl »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16109 on: July 11, 2020, 08:51:47 am »

oh yeah I just realize with the dialog option stuff you can shut down goblin patrols looking for identification by making sure they never get access to that dialog option.

but I also learn that with the adv party mechanic any adventurers you're not controlling in Id checking hostile lands will quickly make an identity on the spot saving you from screwing up making a really good fake one.

edit: well now ended up gaining access to the title of master of this dark  fortress from this technique so it seems like messing with which sub menu your adventurer was in then toggling away also helps with getting nobles to loosen their grip on their title.

kol is one of my adventurers in this picture

edit 2: ok so this process legit lets you grab the former master as a companion which opens them to becoming a hearth person/fortress-military-dwarf and probably playable in a fort in vanilla.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit3:

edit4: so just now realize you could raise folks affection towards you if you gift them a pet then get them to give you the pet back do this enough times and they probably become super loyal.

edit5: ok so I successfully got a dark fortress master to join a player fort in vanilla DF the process took awhile so lets start at the beginning.

Spoiler: 'Kadol's Master Catch' (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 10:52:41 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 1103